Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 02:14 AM   #1  
Andrew

Question Help Please-How Many Points for Beans?

I made a bean soup last night. I used a bag of mixed beans, water, vegs and I added some No Yolk Egg Noodles to it. The bag of beans said 10 servings-1/2 cup each-145 ca 15 grams fiber-no fat. The noodles 3 servings, 210 calories, 3 grams fiber, .5 grams fat. Altogether it made 12 cups. If I add all of the fat, fiber & calories together it comes out as 1450 CA, 159 fiber and 1.5 fat. If I put it on my on-line points calculator (http://www.angelfire.com/co/mtrevino/points.html) it comes out at 10 points for the whole thing which would make it about 1 point a cup. But that just sounds too low to me.In the WW book it says beans are 1 and 2 points for 1/2 cup cooked. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:32 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Personally I would count it as 2 points a cup because the fiber is so high. But yes technically if you only ate 1 cup you could count it as 1 point but that is still 145 cal for 1 point and rather high...
Closed Thread