Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 06:18 PM   #31  

Smile I'd like to join in!!!

I am back in WW once again (good excuse though, had a baby girl last February) and need a small goal to work towards.

Please count me in.

I would like to hit 192 by St. Pats Day (being that it is only 2 short weeks away).

197.8/195.2/150
Old 02-25-2003, 06:26 PM   #32  

Welcome, Wendy! Was your DD born in Feb 2002 or 2003? How old are your other 2 kids? Is it hard for you to eat healthy with so many others to take care of? Are you nursing your daughter? Are you going to meetings?
I also have a baby girl born the end of September. I gained a lot during my pregnancy, and had a few extra pounds on before I even started...now I need to get well below goal before I even think about having another baby!!
Old 02-25-2003, 10:26 PM   #33  

I'm also trying to lose my "baby fat", but mine turned 7 in December I had a rough pregancy and gained almost 95 lbs! I've successfully kept half of that off but I've never been able to keep the remaining 30-40 lbs off. But this time I'm going to do it and I know you will to! Good Luck!
Old 02-26-2003, 12:34 AM   #34  

Tracy- At least you got rid of the first half! Now its time for the rest! I think I gained between 40 and 50 lbs with mine, but I am not even sure how bad it got near the end!
Had WI tonight and lost 1.2lbs. This is good, but a little confusing. The previous 2 weeks I lost 2-3.5lbs, and I had been eating just above my pts range. This week I was within the range and lost less. I don't know if it is a fluke, or if it is due to BF my DD!?! Guess I will stay in the range again this week and see what happens!
Old 02-26-2003, 12:49 AM   #35  

Default Thanks for the welcome Tara......

My daughter Catherine was born in February of 2002, my middle child (Harrison) was born in February of 1998 and my oldest (Marshall) was born in April of 1996.

"Is it hard for you to eat healthy with so many others to take care of?"

Sort of. We all eat the same thing for breakfast (usually oatmeal and toast during the week and then eggs, potatoes and toast on the weekends). I usually have a salad and sandwich for lunch and then for dinner I make sure that half of my plate is a huge salad and then 1/4 is either hot vegies or fruit and the remaining 1/4 of my plate is the main entree. This way I don't feel left out, and I'm not becoming a short order cook. I do find that lunches on the weekend are the hardest for me. I'm still working on that! LOL

"Are you nursing your daughter?"

Yes. And if my last child is any indication (I nursed him until the day before he turned 4 ~ which was just 3 days before Catherine was born!).

"Are you going to meetings?"

I am this time around. There is a meeting right at my lunch hour, so one day a week I don't nurse my daughter at lunch and attend the meeting instead. The meeting leader is also a good friend of mine so I think it helps me to be a little more accountable to myself this way.

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. I gained the most weight this time around (37 pounds) with Catherine. With Marshall I gained 1 pound and with Harrison I only gained 4 pounds. In that regards I was very upset with my weight gain this time around, but I wasn't complaining vocally to anyone but my journal.

Old 02-26-2003, 10:13 AM   #36  

Wendy- Your children are beauftiful! I can't believe you had such tiny gains with your first two pregnancies?!?! Was that healthy? If you (or anyone else who is interested!) would be interested in being WW buddies just PM me! It would be great to have a buddy who was also bf their child!

This week's goal: to spend my pts more wisely(not so many easter eggs!! ) and exercise 4 days!
Old 02-26-2003, 10:23 AM   #37  

I finally got back to this thread- you are all wonderful sources of support and I love all the ideas on recipes, eating, exercise and children. I have four children and am struggling with menus for the whole family. My pre-preg. weight was 117, I would be happy to weigh 140 now! My weigh in on Monday was down 2.2 pounds, for a total of 24.2! Everyday is a new day to succeed, I love WW.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:41 AM   #38  

Well, today was weigh in day for me, and I was 190 even. So, got the original 10 lbs off again. I will not gain it back this week! I am thinking part of this up and down every opther week, it due to my sodium intake. I don't add a lot of salt to my foods, but I love salty foods. I would rather have a bowl of spaghetti with meat, then a bowl of ice cream. Oh well, this is a new start, and I am going to do it this time.
I have worked out 2 days this week so far. Today I am having lunch with my mom, so no gym.
Wendy - Your kids are the cutest. My little brothers name is Harrison and we used to call him "Hare - Bear" We don't anymore (he is 13) But being the youngest and only boy with 3 older sisters, he was our baby.
Keep it up everyone!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 10:48 PM   #39  

Angry

those kids are cute. I have three daughters one 13 her name is Krystal, one is 4 and her name is Margaret Jeanne, the baby who is 8 months born July 2002 her name is Jessica. I also had a daughter on March 30 1997 her name was Andrea and she passed away April 2nd 1997. I gained 40 pounds with Krystal lost 42 with Andrea. Gained that back with in a month after she passed. With MJ i gained 30 then with Jessica I lost 35 in the first 6 wks because I was nursing then I had to go back to work so I gained about 20 of it back.

Any way I am doing my daily excercise and I am drinking my water but I am still have difficulties stay with in my points even though I am eating about half of what I was eating before I started counting points again.
Old 02-27-2003, 09:48 AM   #40  

Idealperson- What is your goal weight? 117 sems SO low!!! How are you doing with menus for the family? I seem to end up cooking one thing for DH and another for myself...luckily dd is not eating anything but rice cereal for now!
Crast1980- Good work, getting rid of that 10- now move past it! I love salty foods too...and they definitely make you retain water! If I don't drink enough water my hands get super puffy!!
Judmom- I always assumed you had a son- named Judd! I had no idea you were Mom to daughters! I can't imagine going back to work after 6 weeks, that must have been so hard! I also lost about 25 lbs after Lauren Jade was born in September, but then started to gain. SO, when she was 6 wks I rejoined WW.
It is really nice here, as long as you have enough hours in at work, you can take a year maternity leave. Lauren is only 5 weeks old, so I still have lots of time to enjoy with her!
Wow, we are turning this challenge into the parent thread!
My pts were great yesterday, just didn't get in any exercise. I don't feel too bad, though. I am waiting until I get my final exam out of the way tomorrow morning, then I can devote all my time to playing with DD, exercising, and housework...in that order!
Have a great day, everyone! Keep on working and it WILL come off!
Old 02-27-2003, 11:11 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Am staying within my point range & drinking all my water. But no exercise - my cold is almost gone & I know that is no excuse but I really didn't feel like it - excuses, excuses! I need a good swift kick in the butt. Anyway, over the next few days that is my goal - to get in some excercise before w/i on Monday. Made the cheesy chicken casserole & had that for supper last night - really good.
6 Pts per portion & my daughter and her friends reallly like it too.

Am off to the trailer show today with bf & some other friends & we are having dinner out but I have made provisions for that & will make proper choices.

Good everyone is focussing & behaving themselves.

Have a good OP day - talk to you soon.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:26 PM   #42  

I have been doing good. Staying OP and exercising. Plan on doing some painting tomorrow, so that will be my workout then. Grocery shopping, running errands, and cleaning house tonight. I have a hard time on weekends overeating, so good luck to me!! Maybe it will be nice out and I can take my DS outside and play. Otherwise I get sooo bored and sit around all day munching.

Have a great OP weekend everyone, talk to you Monday!!
Old 02-28-2003, 08:28 PM   #43  

I have been good all week, I'm still eating at the high end of my points but I must have drunk more than a camel this week! and I feel great everyday! I'm really confident that this weekend will be better than last, I'll be walking around the malls tomorrow registering with my sister for her baby shower, so that will be my exercise for Saturday! Have a great weekend all and have fun!!!
Old 02-28-2003, 11:28 PM   #44  

Hi everyone! I wrote my final exam for my class today, so I am free! Went out for supper with friends to celebrate, but had lots of points to spend. I even had some fries and gravy as a treat!
Tomorrow will be a little difficult- I have a "Salad Lunch" bridal shower. I seriously doubt any of these "salads" will be healthy! I think I will take veggies and dip, so there is at least one non-fattening option for me! I will also have dd along to keep my hands occupied!
As of Sunday, I am going to get good exercise in every day!!!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 03-01-2003, 11:26 PM   #45  
stbakd

i am 1.8 lbs closer to my goal
tara how was party?
glen
Closed Thread