Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Cool WW MM CHALLENGE! Jan/Feb Week 1 & Goal Setting!

! To the WW MM CHALLENGE for January/February 2012!

This challenge is running from January 1st through February 29th. This challenge is open to everyone at any time.

Rules: It’s all easy, folks.

Pick a goal, any goal and tell us about it! They don’t have to be specifically weight-related, but they certainly can be. Whatever goals you make, big or small they’re all good.

We’ll post a new thread every Monday for the new week. Simply update everyone on how you’re doing at any point that week, or even multiple points that week.

This is a very loose challenge. Not everyone weighs in on the same day, nor will we all have the same goals, so it’s incredibly flexible for all participants. Don’t worry about doing it exactly the same as someone else is, just join in and talk about how you’re doing.

The last week we’ll have a final update thread for everyone to let us know how they’ve done overall.

So… Stop reading and post your goals to join us!

---

Here is the LINK to the January/February Spreadsheet!

I've updated a new spreadsheet for Jan/Feb. I've edited a few things to make it slightly easier to follow as the Challenge goes on.

For those new to the spreadsheet: It is completely optional, but everyone is more than welcome to join in with tracking their weekly weigh-ins towards their goals.

How to use the Spreadsheet:
1) Find an unused row.
2) Type in your name.
3) Type in your Starting Weight.
4) Type in your February 29th Goal Weight.
5)The spreadsheet calculates the rest.

Each week following simply type in your weigh-in weight into the Weigh-In column.

Last edited by Lovely; 01-01-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey everyone

Here we are at the beginning of a brand new year O_O!

I've been feeling pretty good, but I know I can do better. And so here I am to do just that Let's see... what would I like to accomplish over the course of the next two months?

1) Continue to stick around and be here. Some days I might be "down", but I'm never "out".
2) Keep things one-day-at-a-time.
3) Track my food. No matter what it is, no matter how much. Track it.
4) Daily movement/activity. Even the minimum is better than nothing.
5) I'm a few pounds up, and my first weight goal is to merely work towards seeing my lowest weight, and get back to normal.

Let's all start this new year off healthfully and build up/continue with some great habits!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/152.2/130

Height: 5'4

Okay this sounds like what I need. My goal is to lose 8 lbs (and get back on track for Jan) by the end of Feb. My reward would be a massage.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hey mom2my Sounds like a great goal/reward system
Old 01-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 300+/265/180

Height: 5'8

Hello, I'm Hope. I am fairly new here, but have been on WW doing the online plan since Sept 2011. My goal for January and February is 17 pounds. What I am shooting for is "249 on Feb 29". This might be a little high since it would be slightly more than 2 lbs a week, but it is something to shoot for. If I hit 249 it would be the lightest I have been in 13 years! I gained massive weight after having my son 14 years ago...
Old 01-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130

Height: 5 foot

I'm in again I didn't make my goal last time...But looking back, it doesn't seem like it was a realistic goal for how I'd been losing. I'm going to keep my goal the same, which will be to make my 10% lost. This time that's a total of 7 (6.8 to be exact) pounds. I want to try to add some movement into my day as well....Join a gym that I've been looking at or just grab a coworker or 2 and walk together around the school, even if it's only once or twice a week and just around the inside of the school once or twice. Any additional movement is a plus!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

I'm in - I started my New Year's diet on 12/28 & I would like to lose 15lbs. by 2/29.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone!

I have majorly slacked the last few weeks and gained a whopping (gulp) 7 pounds from my last low weight of 218. I would like to lose that and another 5 by the end of February, to get back to my lowest low weight ever of 213. My plan to accomplish that is:

1) No eating out at work!
2) Track EVERY DAY
3) Water like it's my job
4) Cut out sugar as much as possible
Old 01-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well you know I could not miss a challenge...ended last one and did not quite make my goal but I figure I came close and I did pretty well over both holidays--Plus I am now a full time memeber of the local gym which offically started on Nov 1 so lets see what happens....

Lets go chicks!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/157/120-150

Height: 5'5"

My goal would be to lose 8 pounds by the end of February. This would put me in the mid-140's. My reward will be to buy a new, SMALLER pair of jeans.

Last time I was in the mid-140's I didn't buy new clothes that fit better at that point and then I gained weight until those clothes almost didn't fit anymore. Lesson learned - buy the smallest clothes you can fit into.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone!!

I would like to reach goal (FINALLY!) I'm going to concentrate on loading up on fruits and veggies instead of salty snack. I workout everyday, sometimes twice a day so getting activity in isn't an issue for me. The issue I'm faced with is Binge Eating and while it's been under control lately, I always fear it will creep back up.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #12  
Made of Starstuff

Hey everyone joining in So glad to see new & returning faces to the MM Challenge!

I know not everyone made the weight-related goals for the last challenge (I certainly didn't!), but it's all in the past now. We're starting here, and we've got these two gorgeous winter months to change all that around and get down even lower on the scale.

The last two days have been... nice! I've tracked my food. I've taken short walks. I've weighed daily to keep an eye on things. I'm happy with how it's going.

Some upcoming obstacles (already!): I've got my brother and his fiancee visiting in two weeks. They like to eat out. I don't. I mean... I do like to eat out, but eating out too much is difficult when it comes to making healthier choices. I'm pretty sure I can get around this by planning a few dinners at home. I'll just actually have to -cook- something.

The good news is that I have a yearly physical coming up the very week after that, and I'd love to be a few more pounds down... so I can keep myself on track the week that family is visiting by reminding myself about the doctor appointment.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:23 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I'm back in!!! I've been really off since Christmas Eve and it's pretty much been like a free for all eating wise. So, I am coming here with an embarrassing weigh in for me, but I need to settle back into the dieting world.

Goals:

1) Get to the gym as much as possible
2) TRACK TRACK TRACK!!!!
3) Focus on healthier food choices.
4) Finally make it into the 170's.....I saw it for about 12 seconds once and I want to get back there.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #14  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Hi everyone, I'm in again!

Goals:
1) Make it to -100 lb lost total, so -10 lbs (or -12 if you go by my unofficial visit on the scale yesterday. Ugh.)
2) Keep sustaining current activity
3) Some days I start to slack off at tracking later in the day, want to get back to 100% tracking. "Track on the days you want to lose," as they say.

Here's to a healthy and happy 2012 for all of us!
Old 01-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #15  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Chele & Somni! Happy to see you joining in, again

Love the goals I'll be routing for you guys!
Closed Thread