Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 07:16 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - February 17, 2003

Good Monday morning everyone. How was the weekend, and Valentine's Day in particular?

We had a nice dinner out with friends, but since our part of the country is still in a major deep freeze, we didn't venture anywhere afterwards, even though it was still quite early. I haven't found out where we're going this weekend, but he says I will have to pack.

I am making a fresh start this morning. My eating has been out of control and since I can't exercise, you don't have to be a genius to figure out which way my weight is going. I have to catch it now before it gets too serious. My journal is out, and my water glass is full!
Old 02-17-2003, 11:52 AM   #2  

Seesaw,

I'm with you. It's a brand new start for me, since I overloaded on Valentine's day and the day after.

I've got my journal out, already exercised this morning and have my glass full of water. I'm going to drink my 8 glasses today!

Seesaw, how about doing some upper body work? When I hurt my foot, I had to think up all kinds of exercises to make sure I did something. Otherwise, I felt yucky. (And the foot problem lasted for months.)

Good luck to all this week.

Luv, D
Old 02-17-2003, 05:18 PM   #3  

Seasaw,
Glad to hear that you are back at it! Do you find it more difficult when it is freezing outside? I sure do!
Dena- Did you enjoy your valentine's day? If so, it would be worth it!
I had an ok weekend- went to Bonanza and still stayed OP. I may have gone a little over the next day, but not too bad. It has just been a little rough with being extra hungry 24/7 lately....today has been better though!
It was also nice, I was with friends today and one commented that I must be back at the weight I was at when I got married in Oct 2002. Since I have 20lbs to go I felt much better about myself!!!
Have a great week everyone...someone should get creative and start the week 7 challenge!
Old 02-18-2003, 07:44 AM   #4  

Height: 6'0"

Default Muffin Recipe

Melissa,

I made your six-week muffins--yummy. It's a lot of dough, but easy to make and eat!!
Old 02-18-2003, 08:25 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone!

I took the day off yesterday and went shopping Found a great sweater set (red) marked down 50%...DH gave me some money to find something for myself so I did! The weather here was horrendous yesterday--woke up to snow and it continued until early afternoon. In the end we got about 8" of snow and it was icy.

Valentine's Day was quiet--I made dinner at home and stayed within my points. Sunday I made a great chocolate fudge pie out of my newest Cooking Light Magazine and it was soooo good!

At our meeting this past week my leader talked about small change and to make one this week and my goal has been to make sure I'm getting my water in and so far I've been able to do it. I'm hoping to post a loss this week especially since I've been being more aware of what I'm doing. It's so easy to let things slide.

Domina: I know it makes a lot of batter but boy oh boy are those muffins good! I'm going to make another batch up tonight and use dried cranberries in them. I figured out the points and it's 11 points rather than the 12 for the raisins.

Seasaw: Good for you for making a fresh start! I'm trying to focus on the basics again because I want to get my weight back down and the only way that's going to happen is if I start watching myself!

Dena: It must be in the air with beginning fresh...I feel the same way too. I really need to work on getting my exercise which has been put on the back burner with the nasty weather we've had. I just don't feel like going outside.

On another note...my DS rolled a 300 game in bowling! I was so excited for him! He's been close before but never gotten it and he rolled it on Valentine's Day!

Sorry for long post...hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 02-19-2003, 09:58 AM   #6  

Question

Good luck at WI today, Melissa!

Does anyone here work as a receptionist or anything like that for WW? I was planning to do this when I get back to goal, just to keep me in line. Then, last night I found out that since I am BF DD I can do it now! I am just wondering what the pay is like? I am hoping it is not much, or I won't be able to do it because of maternity benefits!

TIA!

Last edited by SaskieMom; 02-19-2003 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-19-2003, 02:15 PM   #7  

Well I was up .2 at my WI today at noon...it's not that bad because TOM is due next week (Thursday) and I usually post a gain the week prior. Hopefully next week I'll be down. I'm really going to focus on planning a menu and sticking with it.

Saskie: I work as a receptionist and the pay varies from region to region. You'd need to ask your leader about it. I generally work one meeting which is about 2 1/2 hours. In our area we get a base pay, plus some product commission. We're also able to purchase products at a discount. I have found that it's really helped me stay on track because as I'm giving support to members I'm finding that it's also giving me some feedback.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:10 PM   #8  

Melissa- Since I am not at goal, will I still have to pay for meetings, even if I am working? Our city only has one meeting a week, and it will be around 2.5 hours as well. Maybe I will give in and try the just 2 pts bars if I get a discount! Is it fairly easy work?
I would eventually like to become the leader. I considered it a couple years ago, but was busy with my wedding and teaching. We go through leaders often, and seldom get good/inspiring ones. I figure my BEd might be able to help me do a good job of it!
Do you enjoy working the meetings? How long have you been doing it? Do you have to WI each week? Was your meeting today the one that you work at?
.2 is awesome if your hormones are at work! I am hoping TOM continues to stay away from me for a few more months, I don't miss that at all!!!
Have a great day!
Old 02-20-2003, 08:51 AM   #9  

Saskie I know that here you have to be within your range for your height in order to be employed; your area might be different. I attend my weekly meeting on Wednesdays at Noon as this is "my group". I work on Tuesday nights. I'm not required to weigh in each week but I choose to because I know it helps me stay on track and motivated. As far as the work being easy, it's not that bad. I think the hardest part is the paperwork involved at the end of the meeting but if there is more than one receptionist you usually take turns doing it. I've been a receptionist about a year and a half now and totally enjoy it. I know that here you have to be a receptionist first for a bit and then you can go for the leader training. I bet with your background you'd be good at it since it required doing the flip charts, etc. It's definitely something to investigate.

I'm not at all unhappy about the .2; like you said especially with the hormones at work. I did go through my old journals last evening to see what's different and I've spotted a couple of things so I'm going to try and revamp my meals this week and see what happens. I really want to get rid of the 4# Christmas holiday gain. I know part of this is due to the incredibly yucky weather and the urge to hibernate Today it's sunny and we're supposed to hit around 40 so I'm planning on getting out for a walk over the lunch hour. Tomorrow is looking good too so I'll take advantage of the weather while I can.
Old 02-20-2003, 11:18 AM   #10  

Melissa,
Thanks for all the info! How tall are you? Does the extra 4# make a big difference on your body, or is it more of a mental thing for you?
Isn't this nice weather a great break? I have been able to take DD for sled rides 2 days in a row, and she has actually been able to see her surroundings instead of being all covered up!
Normally you have to be at goal to work at the meetings here, too, BUT I am nursing the baby, and I guess they must account for the last 10lbs that often will not come off until you wean the baby. I don't care what the reasoning is, I am just excited to have an extra motivator! And it totally is, because I am just fitting back into my dress clothes for the first time since I got pregnant! (Almost exactly a year now!)
I don't know if they will need be to work as receptionist or as person who does WI- that seems to be where they are short staff. Do you ever do that?
Have a great walk at lunch! We are going swimming this afternoon!
Old 02-20-2003, 02:11 PM   #11  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Happy belated Valentine's Day and President's Day and what not.

Those on the east coast, a big whoo hoo for surviving the snow. It looks awful.

I spent Valentine's Day with some cranky flight attendants, some nice ones and a series of full flights from San Diego to London. However, I did see my sweet potato for a brief 10 hour period before she left for her meeting near Palm Springs.

I had a great time in London, worked out, walked lots and didn't eat too badly. I did have a few puddings, but not my usual overkill on food. Might be related to the lack of bad influence who decided to stay home.

Its nice to be home now. I have a terrible cold and am questioning being at work, except that I have a few odds and ends to tidy up. I have another work trip in a little over a week and am no where near ready to go. Yikes.

Looks like you have all been busy. I am looking forward to catching up on posts.

lala
Old 02-21-2003, 08:51 AM   #12  

Welcome Back Lala! Glad to hear your trip went well and that you were able to get lots of walking in. Too bad about the cold though...hopefully you'll start to feel better!

Saskie: I'm 5'7" tall so the 4# isn't that noticeable, it's more my mental mind that has been affected. I try to keep under 140 because that's where I feel my best. I'm also small boned. At our centers here we're both the receptionist and weigher so I do both jobs. I'm working tomorrow morning bright and early (7:15 a.m.).

The weather here is great! Today we're supposed to get up to around 45; the college kids will be running around in shorts I'm sure. The downside is that the weather is supposed to get cold again on Sunday with snow. I hate getting teased with nice weather.

No major plans for the weekend thank goodness. I really need to tackle some cleaning and weeding out things I don't really need. DH is going on a "nature retreat" with the rugby guys so the house will be quiet for the most part. Anyone have any plans?
Old 02-21-2003, 11:01 AM   #13  

LaLa- Welcome back! That is great that you did so well on your trip. Your life sounds so exciting to a small town SAHM! Does your DP travel as much as you? If so, you must not see each other much!
Melissa- I wish we had early morning meetings here, it would be nice to WI at your absolute litest! I am sure you will banish those 4# soon!

It was nice outside here all week, now it is getting cold again. Guess I will have to exercise indoors for the next little while. I will be studying hard for the next week. I finally got done my final project for my latest class, and write the final a week from today! It will be nice to have that out of the way, so I have more time for DD and exercising!!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-21-2003, 02:08 PM   #14  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Tara - you are a sahm and a student? goodness. That is a lot of work!

Melissa- You may want to check that you really still are 4# over your happy weight, cause I gained it too. You didn't send it my way did you?

Yech, still exceedingly coldified and wondering why I am at work. However, I have a memo to get out and some paperwork to catch up on, so maybe I'll leave early and come in tomorrow.

My Friday night meeting was cancelled due to low attendance, so I need to find another one that will work with my schedule. Darn it. I really liked that meeting.

Other than that, no real excitement here. DP is working hard to get her projects for school out of the way, she is lighting a cathedral all next week for a son et lumiere as well as working, getting ready for a meeting in New Orleans and going to school. Yikes.

I have no plans but to work on my paper for my meeting, clean out the basement a bit and keep the furry ones entertained.

Oh and get better so that I can get back on the exercise wagon.

lala
Closed Thread