Old 12-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Default Weekly Chat - Dec 16th - Dec 23.

Hey chicks! Wondering how everyone has been doing? i have been a little bit missing in action from the site, but i am here! Last week was the first week in almost my year with weight watchers that i missed a weekly weigh in. I was sick and my weight was crazy, it went wayyy up... i was having a really hard week emotionally as it was, and i couldnt bare to go in and hear i had gained 5lbs. It was water weight and i lost it all again through out the week. I went in this morning and learned i have lost another 3lbs. So i am happy about that. During the week leading up till today i had an abcessed wisdom tooth which was excrutiating!!! omg. I survived that but had to go get it taken out. ripped out more like it. Infection = the inability to freeze the tooth which = to a horrible horrible experience. Ugh. The tooth is now gone, i look like a chipmunk, but... i lived on soup, mashed butternut squash and popsicles

Hope everyone is doing well gearing up for christmas. What are everyones plans for eating strategy? I am worried sick about gaining weight, so i am going to be leading up on the veggies and drinking plenty water!!
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:19 PM   #2  

Also, as an interesting NSV - I got mobilized at my work on wednesday and had to work at another hospital where i used to work before i started weight watchers. Barely anyone recognized me!! Everyone was saying how young i look, and were astounded when i told them i'd lost 56lbs! I was beaming, the whole evening. It was nice, and everyone i saw noticed and said something! Is it weird that i like the attention? hahaha
Old 12-17-2011, 12:20 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

mercuy blue Whoo Hooo on the attention and oh so sorry about the tooth right now I have a tooth that broke off at the gum, it had a crown on it and then the other day it just broke off. It does not hurt so I am sure the tooth was dead but I go in Monday to have it removed.

I think I will do ok on Christmas, I am cooking the dinner for the family (12 people) so I have been all over looking for recipes that are ww friendly that my family will still eat. The turkey - not going to do anything fancy just put in roasting bag with some citrus in the cavity a ham (which I can skip), of course mashed potatoes (no way the family will go for cauliflower instead), and the gravy--both which I will only have a very small amount. The stuffing found a recipe which is only 5pp for 1.5cups so yeah there. Of course I have to make my own bread cubes but already did that and I think it is going to work. Then some steamed green beans, and green salad. I am ok with skipping desert. The killer for me is always the pre and post snacking so I am asking my sister to bring a veggie tray and I will make some ww friendly dip.

I am sure we all are going to do great LOL my fear is my wi day is Monday the day after the feast
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:13 PM   #4  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

mercury, good to see you here and yay for the attention you got at your other job spot! must have felt amazing!

nancy, your christmas menu sounds delicious!!!!

My computer is back (200$ left my bank account, though), I realized that I'm really addict to my dear computer.. Gone 4 days and it felt like 10! I'm soooo glad I got it back, now I can really start working on my conference that is due sooo soon!

On the weight part I'm up like 2 pounds this morning, TOM kicked in yesterday and I feel just so bloated... You know, those skinny days, when you feel so skinny and hot and glamourous and everything? well today it's quite the opposite for me LOL My stomach just feel hugeeee!

Hope you're all having a great weekend and that your christmas shopping is done, I just got back from there and I am EXAUSTED ! lol!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #5  

I did some of my shopping online this year, So all i had to do was click some buttons and wait for it to show up at my door! I like online xmas shopping because i can find exactly what i want and its fun to find unique things that people would never expect! I couldnt handle those shops. Its insanity all over the city right now. Traffic was wild even at 215pm coming to work, not even rush hour and its a saturday!

I am going to be going to my parents for xmas, and my boyfriends family are coming too. So, his parents are bringing deserts and what not. I will be eating a lot of veggies on my plate and very little of anything else, i would be devastated if i gained. If i maintain it will be ok. I just have to be mindful.

Turbo, i am a wreck without my computer! I depend on it for everything, so i would not like to be without it!! I feel your pain! 200$ though... ouchies! 2lb is probably that temporary "freak you out" water gain. I know all about those bloated days.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #6  
Work in Progress

yikes $200 right before the holiday....I would be more upset about that than a mere 2Lb with TOM lol

Mercury smart move to shop online. I was lucky and managed to get 90% of mine done in one fell swoop a few weeks ago but I have to mail my things so was forced to do it. But online shopping is the bomb!

and Turbo I do know those skinny feel good days I had one today actually....a nsv...I put on not one but two pair of jeans that have not been on this body in over 2 years. Now they did not look great yet but they were up and zipped. Now need to work on the muffin top LOL but was excited I could even get them buttoned last time I wore them I was 10lbs lighter. Guess the gym is paying off. May not be losing in pounds but reshaping the skin

Last edited by nancylmrn; 12-17-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:21 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

Just wanted to check in today.....the scale said I was down 2lbs! one day after the offical weigh in..(of course right?)

anyway just wnated to share and will really have to watch the food over the weekend