Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 11:25 AM   #1  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Default Exercise question

I am doing WW with my palm. I am a LTM and have exceeded my goal, so I am back on program. It allows me to calculate activity points. For a 700 calorie workout, WW gives me 3 points (this is time/for a moderate WO) but if I were to eat those same 700 calories it calculates to 17 points! What am I doing wrong. I have no intentoin of eating that many extra points but something seems really wrong with that math.
What do you think?
-L
Old 02-14-2003, 08:54 PM   #2  

700 calories is around 14 points. the reason ww doesn't let us eat the full point value for our workouts is twofold.

*we want to lose weight. eating the calories we just burned doesn't accomplish this goal

*calorie counters on machines aren't perfect and can underestimate your workout significantly. if you eat the amount it says you burned off, you could gain weight quite easily

if you are totally famished on your heavy workout days, and you eat healthfully all day, give yourself a bit more protein or fat to ease the hunger pains.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:28 AM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Thanks for the help.
-L
Old 02-24-2003, 05:58 PM   #4  
CIN

Default exercise question

Hi L!
Today I just got your PM with the request to read this.we have been without power for one week! Can you imagine?No heat,no electric,no hot water!???? I missed 3Fatchicks a lot too!

Now.for your question........do you have the points booster slide? It is based on the intensity,time and your current weight. It is also suggested that unless you are working with a personal trainer you not earn more than 4 exercise points daily! That info was from my Leaders guide. Also keep in mind it isnt just based on calories.points are based on fiber,fat & calories..............

I would suggest moderate exercise and if you want to "eat"the points earned fine..if not that is okay too!If you are exercising also make sure the points earned do not take you BELOW the low end of the points because it will slow down your weight loss.

Hope this helps! Sorry I didnt see this until today.........electric restored Saturday

Thanks
Cin
PS Come in chat some time.I miss you..............I will check in around 7 & 8 tonight and see if you are there!

Take Care
Cin
Old 02-24-2003, 07:25 PM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Thanks CIN<
sorry to hear about your delema. And I hope it wasn't too horrible, although the princess I am it would have been the end of the world to me!

I do take more than 4 points daily. I am doing a minimum of 45 min a day and a max of 2 hours. it is spread out, but if I stick to the 18-22 points I would starve. I was just currious what the reasoning behind allowing points for exercise. I am in need of loosing 10 lbs again, and I will again have to figure out what i need to do to maintain. i also want to loose very slowly so i keep it off.
My palm does all the calculations for me so I don't worry too much, but I was wondering how my 600-1000 cals burned could only give me 3 points earned, but cost me 13 or 14 if I ate them....

anyway I will check into chat a little later...maybe
Closed Thread