3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Week 4 On WW - Excercise Problems? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/247511-week-4-ww-excercise-problems.html)

mandamail88 11-22-2011 10:11 AM

Week 4 On WW - Excercise Problems?

I just had my Weigh In #3 yesterday....overall I've lost 5.4 lbs....I'm pretty excited....I had lost about 30 over the last year or so but then kind of hit a plateau around 185ish....so I'm down to 180.2

I've exercised on and off throughout my total weight loss journey....and about 3 weeks before starting WW (which I'm doing at home..only weighing in on Mondays) I began the Slim in 6 DVD's. DH and I did the Start it Up DVD for 2 Weeks....and I had done it by myself for 2 weeks prior to him saying he would do it with me....last week we did Ramp IT Up ....it was a challenge....but we were fine.....all of the sudden this week my left ankle and right knee hurt so bad that I am limping throughout the day....and even with Ibuprofen....there is no way that I am able to do the video.

Should I take 3-4 days off of the video and hope my knee and ankle recoup? Or should I go to the gym and do some other form of workout? I don't want to not exercise...but I'm wondering what is best for my body? Any help or advice? Thanks! :?:

mandamail88 11-22-2011 10:12 AM

and its EXERCISE....not EXCERCISE like in my Title :) lol...sorry

Chele615 11-22-2011 11:04 AM

I would definitely take some type of time off just to hopefully let your ankle/knee rest. You don't want to do more damage to yourself!!! If you can get to the gym and go for something low impact, like the bike or even light walking on the treadmill just to see what you can handle.

Good luck!!

girlsenberry 11-22-2011 02:14 PM

Great job on the loss! I'm at the same place you were in- plateau'd at around 185- 189 for weeks. :\

I would completely rest your knee and ankle for a few days- including icing them and/or an epsom salt bath. If you go to the gym, work on upper body only, leaving those areas alone. After the few days are over test things out with a light walk first, then go from there. You don't want to aggravate the situation and make it worse.

mandamail88 11-22-2011 08:51 PM

Thank you so much, sometimes I think I just need to hear someone else say what I am thinking to make it ok in my mind :) I truly appreciate the advice :)

mercuryblue 11-22-2011 11:23 PM

ya for sure you need to rest the area. Like girlsenberry said, do some upper body stuff, when i am like that i like to still work on my upper body, can never work my flabby arms enough lol

Tudor Rose 11-23-2011 09:08 AM

Like others have said, if you have access to a gym definitely work on upper body and give your ankle and knee a break. And when you do start working the lower body again, go slow and don't force it.