Old 11-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 295.6/ticker/140-130

Height: 5'3"

I just checked butternut, acorn and spaghetti squash in my online tracker and all show as zero points.......i live on butternut and spaghetti squash so you girls scared me for a minute with all that talk about not being zero points....crisis avoided ;-)
Erin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 264/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Yup, all variety of summer, winter and spaghetti squash are zero, as is pumpkin.
JerseysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:23 AM   #33  
LOSING THE BABY WEIGHT!!

S/C/G: 276.2/273/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsenberry View Post
Well, I'd recommend getting rid of the empty calories (and carbs if you're sensitive) like the chips/ crackers/ crisps and eat real food.. a slice of cheese, or a handful of almonds or nuts is a great way to get the points in if you find yourself with an excess of points. Doing 2 programs might be frustrating you a bit, WW isn't meant to be done with counting calories, the points take all that math into consideration, maybe just focus on WW -OR- calories, but not both, for two week and see where that takes you?

Im not counting calories im only doing weight watchers. I was just curious to how many calories i was possibly consuming if 1 point is equal to APPROXIMATELY 40 calories.... its a high calorie day in my opinion. Thats all i was trying to figure out.... im not couting calories of everything im eating!
josiesmom2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #34  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsenberry View Post
Doing 2 programs might be frustrating you a bit, WW isn't meant to be done with counting calories, the points take all that math into consideration, maybe just focus on WW -OR- calories, but not both, for two week and see where that takes you?
I think that really depends on the person. I've been happily counting both WW Points and calories for the past year. I haven't found it frustrating at all.

Also, FWIW, I don't find that I react really well to rigidity in any program. I follow a lot of WW, but also count calories. At the same time, I also follow most of South Beach and some of Atkins. I don't do any of them as the designer might say they are "meant to be done" since I believe in customizing to make any plan work for me.

I personally do get a lot out of WW. Truthfully I don't think that WW is anything special in terms of a "diet". I know they do points because it is easier for people to track than calories and because they want to gently guide you to eat certain types of foods so they do that a bit by how they calculate points. To me, what is special about WW is the group support and weekly meeting. (Although if I was starting from scratch right now I would probably at least look into TOPS since it is much less expensive).

Last edited by Koshka; 11-16-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I had 42 points when I started in February, so I understand the idea of trying to eat that amount of points! The first thing my leader told me to do when I asked her about it was to use full fat versions of my dairy products. That way I didn't need to eat more volume to try to get my points in. It was an easy fix and as my points dropped I dropped to lower fat and fat free versions of my yogurt, cheese and milk. I also found that I have better weight loss with a day that always has more veggies than fruits. I count my first 5-7 servings of fruits and veggies as 0 points, and anything over that I count as actual points.
Sometimes you just have to play around with it to get it just right for you. Stick with it and you will do great! Good Luck!!!
Keli10801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #36  
LOSING THE BABY WEIGHT!!

thanks! Ive tried the full fat yogurts and things, im a greek yogurt eater, and i honestly dont really care for some of the full fat ones, its a differet texture or something to me, who knows it could be a mental thing.... i love the new dannon greek yogurt, Oikos, and havent tried their full fat flavor yet, maybe i'll give it a try!!! thanks!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 264/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

I really liked the Oikos until I discovered Fage fat-free Greek yogurt. Soooo thick and creamy. Even more so that Oikos, IMO. I make tons of tzatziki, and with the Fage I don't even have to strain it to get the proper thickness of a good tzatziki.

Meg
265.2/257.2/150
JerseysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #38  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by josiesmom2011 View Post
thanks! Ive tried the full fat yogurts and things, im a greek yogurt eater, and i honestly dont really care for some of the full fat ones, its a differet texture or something to me, who knows it could be a mental thing.... i love the new dannon greek yogurt, Oikos, and havent tried their full fat flavor yet, maybe i'll give it a try!!! thanks!!!
I'm a big fan of Fage. I usually use their plain fat free and flavor it myself, but usually keep a few of their flavored ones on hand to grab on the go too - I like cherry pomegranate the most (3 pp), but also like peach or cherry (4 pp).

One time I accidentally bought the full fat cherry one (6 pp) and I thought as I was eating this that it seemed odd, it tasted super creamy (but really good). Then I looked at the nutritional info and realized my error pretty fast.

I think Fage's plain full fat is roughly 1 pp per oz though I've read they changed their recipe recently so that may have changed.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:32 PM   #39  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Patience, patience, patience!

You just had a baby, your body is in hormone ****! You started or restarted an exercise program. Muscles retain water to repair the damage done in exercise, especially if you are restarting.

Plus with a new baby, you are most likely sleep deprived. Your body is still in recovery from pregnancy and child birth.

I highly recommend patience. 3+ pounds in 3 weeks is about a 1 lb +. That is actually a good trend.

Be faithful to your points, talk to your leader, and above all, just have some patience.

Your body needs some time to readjust, along with your hormones!

Been there, done that! It took about 6 months before I felt sort of normal. Then pile on top of that I had twins that weighed over 6 pounds each. Talk about hormones and sleep deprivation.

Patience and routine are key.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #40  
LOSING THE BABY WEIGHT!!

Finally!!!! went for my weekly weigh in today at Weight watchers and I lost 2.6 pounds this week!!!! No more of the 0.2 or 0.6 pound losses!!! Im thinking that it was because i started back to work after being off for 3 months on maternity leave!!! I walk a lot and do a lot of squatting and standing at work and don't have the mindless munchie feelings.... Im an RN in an adult ICU so we stay very busy!!!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 03:04 PM   #41  

Default Don't give up

I too started exercising and the trainer told me not to get discouraged if I do not lose weight over the next 4 weeks. As I am building muscle I my not have much of a weight loss but I will be losing inches. I think we are on the right track by moving.... Our bodies will adjust..
Wheresmyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 228/216/140

Height: 5'7

Josiesmom your on track and you will loose the weight! As for the veggies, I don't like veggies either so I have been drinking V8 diet juice maybe twice a day. 2 cups would be 100 calories and plenty of fruits and veggies for the day.

Good luck
Love handles well is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:36 PM   #43  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by josiesmom2011 View Post
Finally!!!! went for my weekly weigh in today at Weight watchers and I lost 2.6 pounds this week!!!! No more of the 0.2 or 0.6 pound losses!!! Im thinking that it was because i started back to work after being off for 3 months on maternity leave!!! I walk a lot and do a lot of squatting and standing at work and don't have the mindless munchie feelings.... Im an RN in an adult ICU so we stay very busy!!!!!
Congrats on the big loss! What a lot of great information on this thread.
That's great that you are moving more. Have you made any changes to your diet as others suggested such as eating less fruit and adding more veggies?

Lovehandlewell: I like the V8 juice, but get the low sodium kind. I find here is a lot of sodium in V8. I like the new fusion juices from V8 that is a fruit/veggie blend. I'd suggest also making your own fruit and veggie juices with a blender or a juicer.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote