Old 11-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/tracker/150

Height: 5.9

Default Lifetime and etools

I have a question about etools. I have a monthly pass now and really love the etools. When I life (again), how much does etools cost? or does no one use it after maintenance?
lukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:00 AM   #2  
Less of a Better Me

In the past it has cost money (I'm not sure of the amount). Anyway, I have heard that one of the changes is being made in December is that lifetime members who weigh in no more than 2 pounds above goal each month will get etools for free. I'm hoping to get back there soon and look forward to that benefit. I don't know that it has been officially announced yet so check with your leader.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #3  

That's 2 pounds plus or minus for free etools.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:33 AM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

I know that to become lifetime at the end of maintenance you must be not more than 2 pounds above or more than 2 pounds below your goal weight.

The website clearly says:

Quote:
If at your final maintenance weigh-in, you're within 2 lbs of (above or below) your weight goal.
http://www.weightwatchers.com/help/i...pageid=1028501

But that isn't what it says to maintain your free status as lifetime (doesn't talk about etools yet since that isn't announced). What is says there is:

Quote:
What are the guidelines for remaining a Lifetime member?

Once a Lifetime Member always a Lifetime Member. Lifetime Members must weigh in at their first meeting of every month. If you weigh more than 2 pounds more than your weight goal at the first weigh-in of the month, you will be charged the weekly fee, but you will not have to pay another registration fee.
http://www.weightwatchers.com/help/i...pageid=1028541

Also:

Quote:
As a Lifetime Member, when will I have to pay meetings fees?

As one of Weight Watchers special Lifetime Members, you are always eligible for Lifetime benefits, as stated on the back cover of your meetings Membership Book. This means you don't need to pay for missed meetings unless you haven't weighed in within a 1 month period or have gone over 2 pounds of your goal.
http://www.weightwatchers.com/help/i...pageid=1028561

There is no point at which there is any indication that lifetime benefits are different if you are more than 2 pounds below goal. (It is possible that individual franchises might be able to set criteria that is different from Weight Watchers' own criteria -- I wouldn't know about that).

If they are going to set different criteria for free etools then that is going to be something very different from what they have been doing for years.

Last edited by Koshka; 11-15-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #5  

No it is not. When the big program changes were made last year, they made the rule about not being more than 2 pounds below your goal weight so that people didn't allow themselves too big of a cushion before getting any gain off.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:45 AM   #6  
Less of a Better Me

Well, not where I live. Here, once you get to lifetime, it is fine to be more than 2 pounds under. This may vary in different locales and whether it is a franchise or not.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/136/healthy&happy

Height: 5'8"

I reached lifetime right after all the big program changes and the "Terms of Lifetime Membership" brochure I was given states: "If you are more than 2 pounds below your goal weight, you do not have to pay the weekly fee. However, you may want to consider adjusting your weight goal, to be in line with our policy of being within 2 pounds of your weight goal. Ask your Receptionist for more details."

I've been more than 2 pounds under my goal weight several times and have not had to pay for e-Tools or anything else.
Hikermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #8  
WW Moderator

E-tools are not free for lifetime members. You still have to pay for it. They have a flyer up at our meeting offering a free 8 week membership for lifetimers to try it, but after that you have to pay for it.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #9  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC View Post
E-tools are not free for lifetime members. You still have to pay for it. They have a flyer up at our meeting offering a free 8 week membership for lifetimers to try it, but after that you have to pay for it.
Do you live in a franchised area? Sometimes franchised areas don't do things like WW owned areas.

Anyway -- here is how it works as explained in the meeting I go to. Basically lifetime members sign up for etools and give a credit card number and "pay" for it. However, if you weigh in and not more than 2 pounds above goal then you get a voucher. You go put the voucher in and you get a month free. If you don't get the voucher either because you didn't weigh in or you weigh in more than 2 pounds above goal, then you have to pay.

So - no - lifetime does not get a permanent free membership. However, if you weigh in no more than 2 pounds above goal every month then you get a voucher and each month you enter the voucher into etools and never have to pay unless and until you fail to get a monthly voucher.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #10  
WW Moderator

You're right! I don't know about other places, but they just started it in my location. From what I understand, you still have to put in your credit card number for the free 8 weeks, and if you don't enter that voucher number in every two months, you get charged automatically (unless you cancel.) So that's something to stay on top of!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote