Old 10-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/204/125

Height: 5'3''

Default If you knew then what you know now...

I'm starting WW meetings tomorrow and super excited. There is so much to read about on here.

If you could go back in time to the beginning of your Weight Watchers journey what would you tell yourself?

luvinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:43 AM   #2  
fake it till you make IT!

S/C/G: 312/264/199

Height: 5'6

well i didn't do weight watchers, buttttt if i could go back in time before my weight loss journey started and tell myself something, it would be to just shut up & do it and very soon you will look like how you've always dreamed
tinkerbelll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:04 PM   #3  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

I wish I could go back and tell my 10 year old self to put down the cookie and go for a run! But if I coudln't do that, I'd tell myself that stopping WW will only mean I'll gain all the weight back and more.
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
If you could go back in time to the beginning of your Weight Watchers journey what would you tell yourself?
Go to meeting when you've had a bad week.

It is easy to go when you've had a good week. It is hard to go when you've had a bad week. I was once at goal weight and was lifetime. I quit going when I had some bad weeks and didn't want to go back until I was back to goal. Well...it was years and many pounds before I went back. That was by far my biggest mistake.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 161/147/130

Height: 5'5.5"

I don't know that I have a whole lot of original wisdom for you but I wish I had started my journey 2-3 years earlier. Even though I didn't have as much to lose as some people here it took me a long time to recognize that "a few pounds here and there" was adding up.

I have learned so much in the process and I hope you will too. I've learned that my body doesn't always add on the pounds when I've had something indulgent and doesn't always take off the pounds when "I've done everything right" in a week. Just today I learned that an all day flight yesterday is causing me to retain 3.4 pounds of water!

It may take a few weeks to see results or you may see results right away. You will learn that your body has a mind of its own and will reward you when you may least expect it.

Set small goals.

The important thing is to not give up! Take your time. You will be better off than before you started. Use this site for inspiration and motivation.

Good luck to you!
kidjng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:43 PM   #6  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

I would remind myself this is a marathon, not a sprint. So those weeks where you gain or maintain, don't let them get you down or fall off track because the weight all keeps adding up in the end. Just keep going and the numbers will follow.

Plus, those weeks where you gain are part of the process. They happen to everyone, so do not stress out about them!
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote