Old 10-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #1  
Relying on His strength

S/C/G: 252/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Going on Vacation - Can I attend another center?

I am going to my first meeting this coming Saturday. I joined through my insurance provider, who pays most of my meeting fees, but I have to attend 10 out of 12 meetings. Normally, no problem, but I will be gonig to Florida (from Michigan) in November and trying to figure out how I will work around this. We'll be gone for a week and a half...can I attend a meeting in Florida to take the place of one I will miss?
Mytwosweetkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

I believe it is okay. I have gone to meetings in two different states before without it being a problem. I can't seem to find an official stance on it, but seeing as I have done it without any issue I can at least tell you that.

However, I've only ever been to meetings held at official centers, though, not any that get together in community centers or churches where the leader brings all the materials, etc. So I'm not sure about those.

But, dropping in at a center shouldn't be a problem as long as you bring your booklet with you and your membership card (if you're a monthly subscribed member) or your regular payment/vouchers if you're week to week.

ETA:

Here's the number to call if you want to make sure: 800-651-6000

Last edited by Lovely; 10-05-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #3  
Harwell

S/C/G: 211/198/135

Height: 5'6"

yes i think you can attend other meetings. but you have to get your log from your normal meeting center? just ask your leader at the next meeting!
NadineMarie is offline   Reply With Quote