Old 10-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default Ate my AP points and now up 2.5 Grr

Has this happened to any of you? I ate my AP points and maybe a few more and up 2.5 I guess this means keep exercising and no extras?
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #2  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I've found that I have to take from my weekly points and leave my AP's alone. There's a "limit" with the weekly points, where I earn more than 49 AP's per week, so I have to be careful.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:28 PM   #3  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

I earn somewhere between 50-70 AP's in an average week lately (except for last week - 36) and I don't take from AP's. I usually use around one quarter of my weeklies, but play it by ear. I can completely understand and appreciate the philosophy that by taking from AP's you are taking points that you "earned" but I think that especially if you are entering an activity instead of intensity in etools, some points seem a little high or low. And I don't like that I'd be opening myself up to taking from a potentially unlimited pool.

I tend to dip slightly into the weeklies on days I strength train for a little extra protein, planned splurges, or just a day when I have unexpected hunger. I try to listen to my body and fuel it when I feel I need it, but at the same time I don't want to eat back all the calories I just worked very hard to burn off if I know I don't need more food.

Edit: Oops hit reply too soon! I meant to also add you'll probably see that everyone is a little different. WW is great in that there's room for flexibility and tweaking, but sometimes it can take a little bit of trial and error to figure out what works best for *you*. I'm sure you'll find your groove soon!

Last edited by Somni; 10-03-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Each person is different. So the only golden rule about eating AP (or even Weeklies) is that you have to try it out for a while and see how it affects you.

Keep in mind that the 2.5 pounds you saw on the scale might be caused by a myriad of things... not just eating back AP. You might be retaining water from all the exercise you were doing. It could be the weight of the food still traveling in your system. It could be some extra salt you had from the food you ate.

It's not necessarily that the AP's were too much. They might have been, but they might not have been. There's just no way for us to tell, and it's going to just require patience and experimentation on your part to find out.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote