Old 09-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #1  
Dancing Maddie

S/C/G: 175/155/120

Height: 5'4''

Red face Exercise/ Activity Points

Hello! Hope everyone is having an amazing Thursday! I now have been on weight watchers for 20 weeks- love going to the meetings and seeing everyone succeed in my group!!
I have a question for people who exercise... I been stuck in a plateau. I usually get about 30-40 exercise points a week and I have set my etools tracker to take from exercise points before my extra weeklies. Do you see more weight loss if you eat these exercise points or if you leave them alone?
I been experimenting-one week i didn't touch more than 2-3 of them and i gained .6 and then the next week I ate close to all of my activity points and I gained 1 pound. What combo works so you lose weight?
I need to break this plateau...
Any tips will help! thanks :-)!
Mabenda0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #2  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

if i may ask, what are you doing to get so many activity points?
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

I think the answer is going to depend on how many Weekly Points you're also eating. And perhaps even what you're choosing to eat with all your points.

Another quick thought, you're getting very close to your goal (according to your profile & Kudos!) so your weight loss may be slowing a bit and may need more than two weeks to adjust.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayohwhy View Post
if i may ask, what are you doing to get so many activity points?
that's what i was wondering...i need to do what you're doing!!!
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/229/150 mini goal 200

Height: 5"5 1/2

I hike for a hour twice a day 2-3 days a week and usually earn 60-80 pts a week.

I try not to use either weekly or ap....I try to sick to the 32 daily points I get. I've lost 26 lbs since mid-July. I do use my weelies everyonce in awhile.

Last edited by Moobunny; 09-22-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Moobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I don't want to come off as a *****, but a true plateau is longer than 2 weeks. Check out the plateau busting ideas.
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #7  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I would recommend trying to take from your weeklies first, and then use your AP's.

I earn about the same amount of AP's per week as you, and that's what I've been doing. Also, where are you in your cycle? I tend to see a gain right before and during TOM.

I think you have to play around with the system. I think WW get's a little funky with the AP's when you're earning that many AP's in a week. I remember my leader being aghast when I told her that one spin class was 8 AP's. She was like BUT A 5K IS LESS THAN THAT. Well, yeah...

Yesterday, I ran >5.0 mph for 47 minutes, that was 10 APs. The day before I did weight training (3 APs) and took a 45 minute spin class (9 points). If you do enough high intensity cardio 5-6 days a week, you can get up there. And I count all of my activity as a "moderate" level. To be honest, I usually vary between moderate and high intensity, but I prefer to round "down," just in case.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #8  
Dancing Maddie

S/C/G: 175/155/120

Height: 5'4''

I take boxing mon-thursday an hour class. I TRY (try being a key word) to walk for 30 minutes every morning before work). I run for 40 minutes on friday and sometimes Saturday morning. I am in a dance company and have about a 4 hour rehearsal every Sunday! and my plateau has been for about 4-5 weeks really just up.4, down.6, up .6, down 1 etc. Thanks for the input!
Mabenda0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #9  
Less of a Better Me

FWIW I think that you have to be really careful on counting AP. I found that I did better if I counted all exercise as low intensity whether it was or not.

I do set mine to take from AP first. That said, bear in mind that exercise generally results in people eating more. If you exercise and eat all the calories you've burned from a weight loss standpoint it is a wash (it is good for you, but just a wash weight loss wise). If you get hungry and eat more than you've burned then you gain weight.

If you are basically eating calories equal to those you've burned then you have to look at what you are otherwise eating. FWIW, at 134 you get the same 29 points a day that had in my 190s. I personally think that it will be very hard at your weight to lose weight eating 29 points unless you exercise and really don't eat many, if any, of your AP and your WP. (the fact you had a gain one week not eating many doesn't mean much...there could be temporary water weight gain, gain related to exercising heavily shortly before weighing in, etc).
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

I have found that generally if I earn more than 20 APs I need to eat half of them (along with my weeklies) or I don't lose. Less than that and I'm usually fine to ignore them (tho I do still eat my weeklies if I'm working out. You have to make sure your body gets enough calories)
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

Quote:
If you exercise and eat all the calories you've burned from a weight loss standpoint it is a wash (it is good for you, but just a wash weight loss wise). If you get hungry and eat more than you've burned then you gain weight.
This isn't entire true with Weight Watchers because an AP does not equal a Food Point. If you were to eat all of your APs you would likely still be at a net loss because APs are more "calories" than FPs, generally.
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote