Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 05:58 PM   #1  

Question Week 4 Challenge??

Just wondering if our Fearless Leader is going to continue to keep us going with the 12 Week Challenge? I am trying ahrd to stay pumped about it after a small gain last week! Are we still on?
Old 01-28-2003, 06:54 PM   #2  
si, si signora

Tara,
You could always start off the week!

lala
Old 01-28-2003, 09:17 PM   #3  

Lala,
I don't think I am in any position to lead anything right now! Do you have any suggestions for the week? We could discuss WHY it is important to everyone to lose/maintain weight. This could definitely be helpful in finding motivation to go for it!

For me it is important to get back to a healthy weight for many reasons. I am going to be a healthy role model for my dd as she grows up. I have to get in shape before I can have our next baby, in order to give myself and that baby a healthy start. For the short term, I want to be in peak condition for this year's soccer season!

So, what are your motivators?
Old 01-29-2003, 08:39 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Saskie Thanks for getting a thread started I'm betting that Patch is really busy--otherwise she'd have one up and running.

What's my motivator: I want to stay at a healthy weight so that I can be active and enjoy life in general. Besides, I don't want all my hard work to go up in smoke

I'm not able to get to my meeting today at noon but I did weigh myself on my scale at home and it's comparable to the one at my center so I'm using my home weight this week. According to that I've stayed the same, which is great since TOM should be making an appearance over the weekend. I haven't been doing much by way of exercise and am going to make a concerted effort to end the week by going to our rec center and walking on Thursday/Friday. I know I'll be getting a lot of exercise over the weekend with working at WW on Saturday morning and then Sunday I'm cooking at a raffle so I'll be doing a lot of running back and forth.

Here's my breakdown for this past week:

Wed: 20.5
Thur: 22
Fri: 22
Sat: 26
Sun: 26
Mon: 24
Tues: 22

WI: 139
Old 01-29-2003, 09:00 AM   #5  

My motivator? I have away all of my bigger clothes, so I'd have to get a new wardrobe if I gained!!!

Seriously, my motivators are mainly fitness related, and these motivators have not all been attained yet, but I'm working on it. Not being tired after a day of physical activity, ie snowboarding, is a big one (attained!). Build enough muscle so that I can lift my motorcycle on my own if I were to drop it (I can lift it on my own on a good day, not on a bad day. Hopefully, I'll never have to test this again!). Have enough strength in my legs so that I'm not tired balancing DH's bike when I'm waiting to go on the race track (I tippy toe on his bike, so it's really tough on the legs, I'm hoping that by next summer, this won't be an issue. Gotta work on those calves)

For the curious, I have pictures of me riding DH's bike on a track. This is our new summer hobbie. Here's the link:
http://photos.yahoo.com/misty_mc
Cayuga one come second in the timeline, they are displayed in alphabetical order.

In order to help attain my fitness goals, I have purchased a swiss ball with an swiss ball exercise DVD. I will not be doing only that, but I thought it might be interesting to try something new.

For last week, I didn't keep track of water, but I was peeing clear pretty much all week Didn't keep track of veggies either, but I did keep track of exercise, but I don't have my numbers on me right now. Will post tonight.

MuffinMich
Old 01-29-2003, 10:02 AM   #6  

Thanks Saskie for getting us started. Good topic.

I have several motivators for wanting to keep the weight off. The biggest one? I'm just so tired of weight being an issue in my life. Maybe I'm dreaming, but I'd like to adopt a healthy lifestyle that I don't have to think about all the time - so that I have time to think about other, perhaps more important things. Does anyone know what I mean? All that internal self-talk that goes on incessantly - I just want to change the subject!!

Other reasons - like MuffinMich, I gave away all of my larger-sized clothes and I don't like shopping nearly as much as I used to And I feel so much better than I did when I was 25 lbs heavier. I like being able to run for 40 minutes (when my knees aren't giving me grief). And if I'm really truthful, a small part of me likes the fact that the folks who were holding their breath waiting for the weight to come back on gave up long ago!

I don't have points to post from last week. I had a good day yesterday - within points, lots of water, exercise and vitamin. Aiming for the same today.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:55 AM   #7  

Seasaw,
I totally agree with you, I don't want to obsess about my weight for the rest of my life. I especially don't want to pass that obsession on to my daughter. I want her to have a healthy life style and a healthy body image!
I forgot to add my "selfish" motivators! I don't want to be the lumpiest bridesmaid at a wedding in May. AND I want to be one of the Positive WW Stats and not end up back at fat!
Here are my pts for last week:
W-37 Th-38 F-37 S-32 S-37 M-36 T-35
WI- lost 2lbs
Water- tons; I am always thirsty! Exercise- 4 days
(My pts are high because I am nursing, and my body seems to need the high end of the range to lose!)
Old 01-29-2003, 03:13 PM   #8  
si, si signora

my motivator? I don't want to be a middle aged fat woman. I am tired of being the biggest of my childhood friends, none of whom have gained an ounce since high school.

I want to be healthy, I want to be sexy and I want like everyone else, to not obsess about my weight.

I am no where near "enormous" when I go to the mall, walk through any midwest airport (well any airport) or the grocery store. Its amazing how big we as north americans have gotten.

I am afraid of our future and refuse to be part of it -in terms of health and well being.

My father is the perfect weight, hasn't changed in 45 years. My mom is looking pretty good for a young woman of 75. She could stand to lose 15, but she's still pretty elegant.

Let's not talk about my heavily overweight bro though. All his friends are svelte and so are his girlfriends. He claims not to have a problem. Hmmm.

They are my inspirations.

lala
Old 01-29-2003, 11:45 PM   #9  

My motivation: I like the way I look so much better these days. I feel younger, I don't hide, I wear my shirts tucked in, I wear cool clothes from the Junior section, I like my picture to be taken, I now buy sexy lingerie, my thighs don't rub together anymore(before I could have started a fire) Plus I can now work out on machines like the elliptical at the gym. I would have been embarrassed before. Oh, And I gave away all of my huge clothes, too.

Wow, I didn't realize all of this good stuff.

Thanks for reminding me, SaskieMom!

Dena
177/142/136 WW goal
Old 01-30-2003, 06:11 AM   #10  

My exercise journal:

Tues: 10 min walk
Wed: 10 min walk
Thurs: 35 min walk + ab exercises (76 reps)
Fri: 10 min walk
Sat: 25 min walk
Sun: 40 min walk + ab exercises (100 reps!)
Mon: 15 min walk
Tues: 15 min walk

Next week, watch out, I'm planning to go snowboarding!

Michelle
Closed Thread