Old 09-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 204/183/125

Height: 5'4"

Does anyone else ever notice a difference when they weigh-in at one meeting location vs another? I am a compulsive weigher (it's a problem) so I know how much I weighed on my scale at home last week and how much I weighed 15 minutes later at my WW meeting (there is a difference of exactly 1lb between my scale at home and their's). Then this week I had to attend a different meeting and the difference between my scale at home and the one at the meeting was much greater.

I think I'll have to make sure I go to the same location each time. I didn't like the alternative meeting either, the leader was not as engaging as my regular leader and didn't even ask if anyone needed any Bravo's or weight loss stickers. And they added my weight loss incorrectly again LOL.
Aileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #32  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proatthis View Post
Also I wanted to say congratulations to EVERYONE this week. For either losing or tracking or just staying around and being accountable and supporting each other. I know it all makes a huge difference for me and my motivation when I stay on these boards and read how/what everyone is doing.
Well said!

I don't know what to expect tomorrow. This week I worked out double what I normally do -- getting half my activity points in an unplanned six mile walk I did on Friday. But on Friday night and Saturday I had two parties and ate a few cookies at both that I didn't track because of the walk, but I still had about 1/2 my weeklies left. So I'm a little nervous about tomorrow, only because I have no idea where I am and I refuse to weigh in early just to see. If nothing else, I know that I worked out double what I normally do and walked six miles! That would have been unheard of a year ago!!
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #33  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

Happy Sunday!
Down 1.9 this week so no, I didn't hit my 200lb goal this week I am still getting my tattoo tho *laughs* tonight!

Good luck Tudor! Great job on the walk!
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #34  
Laurie

S/C/G: 190/186/165

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. Mind if I jump on board here? I have been on WW for about a month and have been lurking on the threads. I decided it was time to get a little more active and introduce myself as well as get to know all of you. Afer all we're all on the same journey.

My name is Laurie. I'm married. We have 5 kids and 11 grandkids (#12 will be here in Feburary). So with that said, the main reason I'm wanting to lose some of this weight is so I can keep up with all those grandkids!!!

My normal WI is on Thursdays. I found that if I attended the meetings later in the week it helped me stay on track over the weekend. The weekends are the hardest for me so this strategy works well for me right now.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say GREAT JOB to those that have lost this week. I'll check back later. Have a wonderful afternoon.

Laurie
clsuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #35  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, Laurie.

I managed to use all my weekly points between today and yesterday. Between a hoagie, a few cookies and a brownie at the local pet expo (which I rationalized buying since I was donating to an animal shelter, lol), and a mini digiorno pizza for one (20 points!) I used all those little weeklies right up! I neglected to track (my first big mistake) since Friday. Now I always work out at least 5 days a week but I have never bothered to track exercise points or "use" them. So hopefully that will help me not gain this week. This is my third weekend in a row of making bad choices. I keep losing anyway so I'm not learning my lesson, I suppose. Even though I know in my head that eventually it will catch up with me.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #36  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Just want to say it looks like everyone is doing a great job
Well first big weigh in is tomorow since starting back with ww wish me luck!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

TURBO: I'm doing the run for the cure in Kingston. Should be a nice event. I have done it in the past in Toronto.

AILEEN: I know how different the scales can be from home to meetings. I have been to 3 different meetings in the last little while and weighing myself at home. Frustrating to say the least.

TUDOR: great job on the exercise this week! Try not to stress too much about your weigh in. It is what it is. You may be pleasantly surprised. And if not it's the start of a new week and move forward.

PATCHY: great job on the loss! And please post pics when you can of the new tat. That's awesome. One more goal achieved.

LAURIE: welcome to the boards. You sound like a busy woman with all those grand babies! Good luck with your weight loss. Everyone here is so supportive and helpful.

ONCEUPON: those points can add up quickly with the foods high in carbs and fat. Are you ever going over points by the end of the week? Do you ever feel
the physical effects of those foods? Just curious. Because I know for me if I was still losing while eating those yummy foods I would still do it too. But it's when I feel the ill physical effects when I learn my lesson.

NANCY: good luck with tomorrows weigh in! Lets us know how it goes.

I am a little down today not really sure why. Went out with my dh and dd to the mall. Ate out at the food court. I had a chicken souvlaki on a WW pita. Then we went to the movies and I had reeses pieces (5 points) and some popchips (2 points worth) not bad I'm still within my points. I also did my Jillian michaels ripped in 30 workout this morning.

Hope you all have a nice evening.

Last edited by Proatthis; 09-11-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #38  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Proatthis - No, I don't think I've ever actually gone over my total allowance for the week. Whenever I have a bad weekend i make up for it by being very strict until my weigh in on thursday. My problem is I let myself relax a little too much Thursday night and Friday...and sometimes that stretches over into the weekend too. Once in awhile when I have certain foods it'll kill my stomach. Like one time I had a panzarotti and I could barely work out the next day I felt so awful. But lately I haven't even had a problem with cheese, and I'm lactose intolerant! Nothing has made me feel bad (other than mentally)!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

PATCHY! I wanna see your new tattoo, make sure you post some pics! I totally want to get my arm sleeve started, but i want to wait for sure. Never in my life have i ever ever worn a tank top. I was always ashamed of my arms, I hate that i have stretch marks under arms too. so i figured that when i get to goal and tone up a little, i can get a half sleeve done (which ive always wanted), seems like then i will be drawing lots of attention to an area i wanted to hide before (and cover stretch marks at the same time lmao!)
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 267/230.5/161

Height: 5"8

Hi all fellow Weight watchers
Just wanted to say "I'm here!"
I had a great 3 lb loss last week, and got my 5% so I'm happy.
I'm back in school..with my super busy schedule..along with my two kids..I'm pretty wiped..with doing dishes, making food, packing lunch for my son, cleaning and then trying to read all my readings for the week..can be overwhelming..still I love being back in the school schedule..I hope to get into law school next year..my major career goal..as for my weight loss goals, things are going smoothly and I am thankful.
SLIMplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #41  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Only last 1/2 a lb this week, but I am more than okay with that because

1) A few months ago when I first added regular exercise to my routine I actually gained, so at least this is in the right direction
2) I was a bad WW-er and didn't track some of my food on the weekend, most notably cookies which are the things you NEED to track
3) i walked SIX MILES on Friday, in addition to the regular workouts I did M-W. Regardless of weight, not only have I gotten motivated enough to want to walk, I've gotten healthy enough to actually be able to do it
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Tudor and Slim way to go on the losses!

I'm still struggling to get up early enough to workout at home in the morning before work. I have been working out after work. But I prefer the morning because I d like the feeling and then getting it done in case I'm beat after work.

Hope everyone has a great day. It's gonna be a hot one here today!
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #43  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hey all!

Congrats to the so many who lost!

I gained a bit over the weekend, but I really ate crap, so I was expecting it, with the salty stuff and everything... I used about 30 of my weeklies in 1 day, so I need to be careful this week. I usually used 3-4 of them a week, so I'll probably be fine.

Have a great day everyone!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote