Old 08-24-2011, 09:23 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 179.2/179.2/115

Height: 5'4"

My NSV for today is getting my Mom, my friend Tiff and her sister to join me on this journey! I have share this site with them, but we will also be meeting at my house every Sunday evening for our own little "WW meeting at Home" we will weight in infront of each other to keep everyone accountable and take turns sharing recipes and motivational information, etc! I can't wait!
mamaemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #17  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrydaughter View Post
Great job, I love that comment about legs not rubbing together anymore! Such a great feeling I'm sure! Tossing away old clothes that hang off you is a good thing!
One of my WW leaders of the past said that hanging on to clothes that are too big is just asking for trouble. If they are too big, give them away!One brilliant member of a WW group posted a notice there that she had clothes to give away. People who were bigger than she was and shrinking were so happy to have her stuff.
I did that at the end of 2009, when I lost almost 20 lbs. Then, I got pregnant, and after my son was born, I wished I'd kept the larger clothes to wear in the mean time (had to buy new things, beacuse I was still carrying around a good bit of extra weight when I went back to work, and sweats don't cut it in my office).
This time around, I am keeping a few articles of "fat" clothes, in case we have a second bundle of joy, but I am getting rid of most things and packing the other stuff up in the attic, was far away from my closet.

Great NSV stories, ladies! Love them!
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #18  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Default a hug for derry

I just want you to have a from me today, tonight, tomorrow to let you know that you can do it! Whatever hurdle you didn't make, or think you didn't make, its over, done, gone, in the past, outtahere, seeya, byebye. You know what matters? Now. Not before. Not later. Not Friday night full of points. Now is all you have to concern yourself with when before was kind of sucky.

Here is a post full of good wishes for a wonderful now. Hugs, Donna
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:46 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 221/146.8/142

Height: 5' 7 1/2''

My NSV for today was...

I hired myself a personal trainer at the local community complex. I met with her for the first time today for the assessment. I meet with her again on Friday to get my plan in place.

I am so ready for this. I am not doing this to help with weight loss...I am doing this to get fit and strong. For life.
trowter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:05 AM   #20  

Default Thanks and good posts!

Hey, if you are not done with your "child bearing years" it is probably a good idea to hang on to your "fat clothes", but just don't get too comfortable in them. View them as temporary as your maternity clothing is. : )

I did well yesterday. Things are better. : )

Just want to share that I had not written down my food intake when I wrote my posting that sounded so sad. Things were not as bad as they could have been when I tracked it all. I had 4 points for activity. I usually do not use my activity points earned, but I decided to do so for one day. I made out well by doing that and only had to count 4 points plus. That is a good thing.

So, live and learn and I face another day.

I think my non-scale victory for today is that I regreted a few things that I ate, but I didn't let that get me down. I went right back "on the wagon" and didn't allow myself to say "what's the use" and wallow in it all.

So, I am here and I am glad.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #21  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Today, I'm wearing a pair of jeans I had not wear for almost 3 years. I tried them 2 weeks ago and they were still tight at the waist

But this morning, I pulled myself together, tried them and.. they FIT SO WELL!

They are still size 13 (same as other jeans that I has been wearing for the last month) but the cut was much tighter than my other jeans.

I feel it's another moove in the right direction!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #22  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

NSV..ran 2.8 miles today before daybreak...also managed to get through going to the movies today with an unsweetened tea..
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:24 AM   #23  

Planning... continuing to track. I'm on day 12 of tracking and that is a record for me, for maybe the last 2 or 3 years?
Determination is my NSV, I want to keep this up and finally see success!

For those of you in the path of Hurricane Irene (me included) stay safe.

If you don't hear from me for a couple of days, you'll know I am without power and Internet.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:59 AM   #24  

Default Hello? Anybody here? I hope so?

Was kind of sad to come back and see that no one had posted.
But, these NSVs come to us now and then and it's not like we have them every single minute/day. : )

For me, a NSV was making it through hurricane Irene and not using it as an excuse to pig out in a major way. I had saved the majority of my points plus for the weekend and when I actually tracked (another NSV as I have blown off tracking in the past) I found that I was truly within the boundaries of the plan, even if I did eat our and have wine.

So, onward I go and I hope you all come back with some great successes to report!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:57 AM   #25  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Ran this morning 2.8 miles before daybreak. I am so glad Irene was too bad!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:22 AM   #26  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Yesterday - I walked around an enormous hilly block - twice.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #27  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

I tried a pair of my 33 jeans this weekend and I just CAN't wear them anymore : they're too loose! yay!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

It's a little early today, BUT ...

I had a small gain this week.

So my victory today is going to be measuring everything. I realized that I measured nothing last week.
shanhat81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:42 AM   #29  

Red face Good job!

Keep those victories coming!
Getting back to measuring is a great idea, for me too!
Pants that are too loose, walking, running, all those things are so awesome! Keep up the great work!

As for me, I had a victory over boredom. Yes, food boredom has struck. Before I went grocery shopping yesterday, I pulled out two WW cookbooks and made sure I had the ingredients to make a couple of recipes and last night dinner was great!
My son is huge on Chinese food and I try to stay away from it, only giving in once in awhile. I made a Points Plus recipes for homemade Pork Lo Mien.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/r...ecipeId=143471

I doubled the recipe so there are leftovers for those of us who would like it, there's a ton of it left. My daughter and son are here during the week and they love this stuff. They truly don't suspect it is a WW recipe, which is even better.

Comfort food is my goal tonight and I'm making the WW mac 'n cheese.

So, my victory is powering through over food boredom and not sending out for Chinese and tonight not making mac ' cheese from a box but having a healthier and very great tasting alternative.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 295.6/ticker/140-130

Height: 5'3"

I went back to the gym today after a 3 month hiatus (and then i had only gone for 3 weeks in a row....before that it had been years since i was a regular at the gym) upper body lifting and 30min on the elliptical. I probably won't be able to pick my daughter up in the morning, but it felt good to move!!
Erin27 is offline   Reply With Quote