3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers

Done with the past, starting over

Old 08-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #16
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

I have never had a clementine; nor a Twinkie but that is a different story entirely. If every treat were a Twinkie, I'd be immune to temptation. Surprisingly, unappealing.

On topic, I have "failed" in the past, and felt like a failure in the past. (Of course, there was that one time I succeeded for a little while.) So far, in my 5th week of WWPP I am succeeding. BUT, give me time and I'll screw up. LOL When I falter, I will pick myself up, dust myself off, start all over again. I'll probably come here and cry to you all, and you will console me. If the math works out, I will chalk it up to weekly points, end it there, and get back on the wagon. I think this time is it for me. At least I hope so. Been there, done that, and I want to make significant progress, reach my goal (160 isn't unrealistic) and with knowledge, persaverance <---ok, how do you spell that---and luck I will...even with a few stumbles, stalls and "do overs' and be able to sustain a good healthy weight.

Is that your final answer?

Last edited by 124chicksinger : 08-18-2011 at 10:12 PM.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:08 AM   #17

Lightbulb ahhhh Twinkies

Well, Chick, I have had Twinkies and I do love them. But, that doesn't mean I should or will be eating them really soon.

I have said "this is it for me" in the past and I hope that this time is truly it. I feel a different level of committment to it this time and more of a surety about my personal feelings.

If I do falter, I'm hoping I will also be right back on that wagon. In fact, I'd prefer to change the wording to when I do falter... I know I will as I am human. But, that falter doesn't have to continue on and be out of control. Then, I do not have to avoid my next "WW meeting in shame, knowing I have a gain instead of the loss.
There is a great deal of guilt I have put upon myself in the past. Here is one of "those" statements.... I used to feel guilty if I strayed off my weight loss program. However, now I understand that it is bound to happen and I quickly work to change the outcome to what I really want.

I visualized cheesecake as an example when I was falling asleep last night. No, I am actually not craving it right now. But, I visualized it and the texture and the interesting sweet, but not too sweet creamy taste. I thought about a recipe I have for a marble chocolate cheesecake. Yes, it is good. Will I make it? No. I smiled to myself and thought about how happy I would be when I got on the scale at my WW meeting next week and actually had a loss rather than a gain. I then thought about how little that piece of cheesecake I was imagining really meant to me, in the long run. I have given in to something like that imaginary cheesecake in the past. Then, when I got on the scale and saw little success, I've beaten myself up for it. I've often thought to myself, now was that truly worth it? No, it was not.

It was nice to actually decide to select a food that would be a trigger food for me, think about it and then in my mind select a better outcome. Don't we all want that outcome?

Trying to make a new commitment. Trying to get on track...I need help.

[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/] [/ur

Plaistow NH
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:03 AM   #18

S/C/G: 221/see tracker/150

Height: 5'4"

Just went onto Amazon and bought the book, i'll do anything at this point! i've been on the straight and narrow since Sunday when i got back from vacation and feel more depressed than ever, i feel i'll never lose this weight (that i pretty much gained all back over the Summer) and refuse to get on the scale.

For every 5 lbs. lost!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #19

S/C/G: 228.6/see ticker/120

Height: 5'0

In regards to your post PPPioneer...I was psyched for summer for all the outdoor activities and exercising. But I feel like I lost faster and more consistently through the winter. I can't get my head around it...

Mini Goal #1-5% WL, 242
Mini Goal #2-10% WL, 229

MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #20

S/C/G: 221/see tracker/150

Height: 5'4"

LOL Mrs.D i thought so too! But i ended up at eating at cookouts, having drinks on the deck, going to patio bars and just got back on vacation so maybe i need a different kind of forum geesh haha!!!

For every 5 lbs. lost!

Last edited by pointspluspioneer : 08-19-2011 at 03:22 PM.
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #21

S/C/G: 270/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

MrsD and PPPioneer, I feel the same way! Weight was dropping very nicely in the winter and spring, but as soon as summer vacation rolled around it slowed and, at points, stopped. I think for me it is having the kids home from school. I can eat the same lunch everyday (and I do when they are in school) but they get bored and want things that are new and different. We did a lot of activities this summer so I got more exercise, but we were on the run so much that I did very little in the way of meal planning. A few more weeks and hopefully things will be back to before, but if not I will make changes and deal with. Best of luck to you all!
Old 08-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #22
Xan
serial rejoiner

I'm ALWAYS starting over, but not sure I'm done with the past I have switched plans so much I honestly could not make up a list of them. WW does work for me, but when I'm on it I look around my kitchen after a few days and see counters covered with bread/English muffins/rolls/hot dog buns. They make me feel sluggish, and after a few more days I'm in the "WW lets you eat anything as long as you're in points, so why not eat ...." whatever I want to eat at the moment. I'm a lifelong hedonist, and it's way time to stop.

To get out of the bread roller coaster, I'll switch to some verison of low carb. I've done that three times this summer, but, although low carb has always worked for me, now, each time, I've had a week of horrible indigestion, and last night it came to me that this might not be a coincidence, so I'm restarting One More Time.

Thanks for starting this, Linda.
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #23

Good morning.
So, I saved up my extra WW points plus for the weekend, and I am glad I did as we had a pot luck party yesterday. Going to be careful today and start a new tracker tomorrow.

I plan to make sure I find some form of exercise today.

I have been away this weekend and will look forward to being on track. Being on track seems to work better when I'm at home.

What might be some tip for travel that could help?

Plaistow NH
Old 08-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #24

S/C/G: 203/185.5/149

Height: 5'6

Hello! I am looking for a spot to join and looking to get and give support. I started WW at home 10 days ago and so far I am doing good... I just need to build in more exercise other then chasing my 2 kids around. I have lost 6 pounds and am feeling better in my clothes already. Before I would think about my weight 95% of the day and feel guilty about what I binged on, I just want to feel healthy and feel better about the way I look.

My goal is to make great choices most of the time and turn this from a "diet" to a lifestyle!
kelly585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #25

Kelly-- I think WW is the best "diet" the actually is a lifestyle change!!

Travel...
Do searches on what restaurants are in the area and plan what meals are points friendly and make a list. List breakfast foods, lunch and dinner. Also, look into what you can do that is active, IE Can you rent kayaks or a canoe? Hike? Swim in the motel pool? Go for a run? Make a list of your vacation goals and try to check off each one every day!
But, I wouldn't know because we hardly go on vacation other than camping! LOL

Mini Goal #1-5% WL, 242
Mini Goal #2-10% WL, 229

Old 08-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #26

Welcome, Kelly.

Mrs. D, thanks for the ideas. : )

To all:

List 10 reasons why you want to lose weight and do this for yourself.

For me:

1. Look better
2. Feel better
3. Look younger
4. Fit into clothes I already own
5. Climb a mountain and be in shape to do it!
6. Live longer
7. Keep from getting diabetes/high blood pressure
8. prove I can do it
9. I won't see my reflection in a window/door and see a fat person anymore
10. to prove I can reach a goal that I have failed at time and time again.

I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plaistow NH
Old 08-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #27

List 10 reasons why you want to lose weight.

I.) Health
Heart Disease, Diabetes and Cancer has hit my family hard. I don't have high blood pressure and my cholesterol hasn't been checked in a while, but I know this lifestyle will help give me peace and keep me healthy.
II.) Future Kids
Losing weight can increase your chances of conceiving. Good enough a reason for me! But, seeing as we have male factor infertility, we probably will not get pregnant naturally. But, when the kids do come, whichever way God wishes to send them to us, I want to run and play and scout, crawl, jump, sled, hike, swim, skip, twirl and dance with them without having to stop to catch my breathe!
III.) No "Plus" Size Clothing!
I want to keep buying from the misses petite section! I'm back there and never want to go back to buying plus size clothing!!
IV.) Run a 5K
I don't know if I will ever be able to do this. But, I never thought I'd be able to walk a 5K and now I do it without stopping, 3 times a week! When I was in 6th grade I was diagnosed with asthma, after suffering with it for years. Air quality, seasonal allergies and exercise are my triggers. Sucks, huh? So I can walk without getting winded. I can do easy hikes with breaks, same with hills. But running? MAN! When I walk I have started jogging as long as I can stand it, then walking until I catch my breath, then jogging again. I am going to run a 5K, no doubt about it...I just don't know when and I'm not worried about my time!
V.) Change my lifestyle.
I don't want to eat food prepared by someone else 3 meals a day, or to eat cereal for 2 meals a day. I know there is no quick fix, but that doesn't matter because I am in this for the long haul!
VI.) Learn how to prepare healthy meals.
This is the main reason I chose WW. I didn't want to do the grape diet like my friend. I wanted to change my lifestyle and LEARN how to prepare healthier meals.
VII.) Learn and use portion control. (self explanatory and goes with VI)

VIII-X to come!

Mini Goal #1-5% WL, 242
Mini Goal #2-10% WL, 229

Last edited by MrsD2008 : 08-22-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #28
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

List 10 reasons why you want to lose weight and do this for yourself.

1. I'm tired of my weight going up/down/up/down and living on this merry go round.
2. Tired of my doctor telling me to lose it and keep it lost.
3. My desire to physically feel better.
4. While its doubtful I'll never be without a double chin, it'd be nice to go town from triple!
5. Help get my sugar readings more normalized.
6. Learn a program"for life" that I can do for the remainder, rather than getting the "crash diet" mindset (see reason no. 1 above).
7. Being able to wear and look good in more fashionable clothing.
8. This one is hard to even write, but: ending the self-hatred that being fat often imparts on me.
9. I'd like to be able to crochet something for myself, that I look good (and not fat) wearing.
10. Ditto number 9, with knitting.

I am not doing this for my husband or my daughter. I'm doing this for me. I put myself out for other people, and I always put myself last. By eating healthier and losing weight, I'm in one area of my life putting myself first. Having written that, I feel selfish. But, it is what it is and no one can do this for me but me.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #29

Mrs D and Chick, great responses! Hope a few others give us their thoughts. I really liked my own comment about not seeing my reflection in a glass door, etc. I see it and it startles me, in my head I am size 8 and looking so much better than I really look. Presently comfortable in size 14 jeans and not happy about it at all.

I agree with not wanting to wear plus size clothing and also wear fashioinable clothing. There is nothing pretty about elastic waists on pants.

Thought for the day:
So many people surround us. Loved ones, co-workers, friends.... they seem to affect us greatly. Have you thought about what they do that impacts your weight loss efforts? Would you wish they did or said something different? Have you asked?

Write a list of things the people are always welcome to say and do in regard to your weight loss efforts. Compliments? Telling you not to eat something if they see you taking a piece of cake (or whatever) that everyone knows you will regret, clear their own plates and get rid of leftovers? What about not suggesting restaurants that you have a hard time behaving when you go there, for me that is Chinese places in particular.

Now, write a list of things you don't ever want people to do. Snatch your plate away? Give you lectures? Encourage you to eat things everyone knows you shouldn't have?

Share some of this with your support people so they know what you need from them or do not need from them!

This is a hard one for me. I live with a husband who I have nick-named "Mr. Hagendaz" due to his liking for premium ice creams and sweet desserts. He is a bad influence. I feel deprived each night when he has these massive desserts. We also go out to eat frequently and as he isn't the one who has to or wants to lose weight, he'll order something like a massive appetizer "for the table" and when it comes, I'm at my peak of hunger and cannot resist.

I also need him to join me for walks, paddle boat rides, swims and things like that to encourage me when there are times when I get tired, lazy and can't seem to get up the energy. If he persuades me to go, I'll go. I always feel better afterwards.

When (note I did not say IF) I do start to look thinner I hope family and friends encourage me and say that I do look thinner. I want to hear that from them. I need that encouragement to keep on with this. Yet, I know there is nothing for them to remark on yet. Hope that changes really soon!

Plaistow NH
Old 08-23-2011, 07:14 AM   #30

I'm confused. It looks like a few of my most recent postings to this thread are not here? Well, at least I am here right now and saying something.

Do you ever find yourself mindlessly reaching for food? Have you ever taken a long look at how you are feeling when that urge strikes you?

Try to stop yourself when something like this happens and actually think. Are you stressed? Too busy? Did you not plan for a healthy snack?

I wonder and I think I need to have a snack around 2:30 - 3:00 each day before I get too hungry. If I do not, I find myself going crazy around 4:00 and we don't eat dinner until 6:00. If I'm having a busy and stressful day, perhaps I should put an energy bar or something in my purse? At home, something else could work that is not quite so portable.

What are some healthy snacks that are low in points or zero points that keep you satisfied?

Plaistow NH
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.