Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 07:24 PM   #76  

Jeff's Angel- I do have that catalogue, and will look for it when I get offline! Sounds pretty. Congrats on the big loss,that is great!
Judmom- I hope you are able to get on track. I can totally relate to the comfort eating.
I totally lost it yesterday after the funeral, and had sandwiches, cihps, nachos and cheese, squares, and a chocolate bar!!!!! Tuesday's WI will not be pretty, and I don't know if I will be able to make my V-Day goal.
I am a little bummed because I have to be in a wedding in 12 weeks, and don't know how I can be toned by then!!
Old 02-10-2003, 11:23 AM   #77  

There must be a junk food demon haunting us! I also went overboard Saturday. I went out to eat with my mom and could not resist the seafood alfredo - although I know how bad that sauce is... I have written down my food the past couple of days, but I have not even added the points. I had just rather not know.

My blind date has been progressing very well - and I am exhausted today! I have seen him every day since Thursday. At the risk of being booted off here, I just gotta tell ya about this morning. He was off work so he called to see if I needed a ride to work because of the snow. He came over early with wheat bagels and ff cream cheese to fix me breakfast while I got ready for work! I felt thoroughly pampered.

But, now back to the real world. Time to work. And time to workoff that alfredo sauce!

Have a great Monday, Everyone!

Melanie
222/214/140
Old 02-10-2003, 12:14 PM   #78  

Melanie- Sounds like you have quickly moved past the "blind date" stage, and into the serious date stage! What is he like? Sounds very thoughtful! Seafood Alfredo sounds sooo yummy!Did you enjoy every bite?
Jeff'sAngel- I think I saw your dress. Is it strapless with a sort of band across the top? That dress is almost the same as my wedding dress, with a few differences. There are a lot of beautiful dresses in the catologue right now! Are you wearing a veil, or just a tiara?

I got back on pts yesterday, and did my walking video already today. Since I only have 12 weeks to get this body toned up I am going to have to try really hard to get exercise in! The only thing holding me back right now is a correspondance class I am taking. I have 2 assignments and a final to study for in the next 2.5 weeks- and only get to do it if I can get DD to have a good nap. As soon as that class is done we can go for longer, more frequent walks!

Have a great OP day, everyone!
Old 02-11-2003, 11:14 AM   #79  

Well, I'm still grinning. Things are going well. David is super supportive. Last night he told me that he thought it was great that I want to lose weight, but not to do it for him because he's already interested. But, spending all these late nights with him has not been conducive to exercising. Unless you count exercising self-control... heehee

Tara- I'm glad you are getting your exercise in. I hope you hit your goal for this week!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Melanie 222/214/140
Old 02-11-2003, 12:29 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Had a really great time in Ottawa. Walked on canal, seen ice sculptors & snow sculptors, went to Parliament buildings, went swimming & shopping & walked & walked & still gained 2.8# at w/i last night. Could not believe went up that much.

I had a few things I shouldn't of but we really got in ALOT of exercise. By Sat night my legs & butt we stiff & sore from walking all day. So, I was bummed out last night. On my way to meeting I was debating getting weighed since I felt "puffy" but thought I better. Anyway, I really have to be good since Fri I have a dinner out for Valentines.

Hope everyone has better results than I did.

Bye for now
Old 02-11-2003, 01:19 PM   #81  

Talking

I weighed in on sunday and I was 185 yeah me and I have not been op everyday. But I have been working hard which consist of alot of walking. I feel great and I am going to try to stay op this week I have friday off of my points because of valentines day. but I plan on excercising those food points off
Old 02-11-2003, 03:29 PM   #82  

Melanie- Sounds like D is a great guy! Thats good that you are already comfortable enough around him to talk about WW! Maybe the two of you could take some romantic walks together, if time with him is cutting in on exercise time?
Bandit2- sounds like an amazing trip! I wouldn't worry about the gain, it will probable be gone plus mmore next WI. You may just be retaining water in your muscles from all that exercise!
Judmom- Glad to hear you are back at it! Do you have romantic plans with dh for V-Day? How is he doing?
I will not be taking V-Day off from tracking, I am running out of time to lose enough for that wedding!! I need to be OP every day from now until goal...
So, with only a few days until the challenge comes to an end, how is it looking for everyone's goals? I am fairly certain I will end up close but not quite. I will report back after WI tonight. Does anyone else end up with WI a few days after the challenge date ends? I think we should have one final WI, to be fair! (I need the extra few days!)
Good luck, eveyone!!!
Old 02-11-2003, 04:54 PM   #83  

Welcome back Bandit. I agree with SaskieMom. This is probably just a fluke that can be quickly shed. Maybe you just pumped up some muscles! They weigh more, but look much better.

Well, I didn't really challenge myself with a number, just sticking to the adjustment of WW. I have done well so far. I have stayed within my points just about every day and have started trying to get exercise by parking farther away and just stopping for a few minutes here and there. But, I need to get on a regular schedule.

I went to the doctor today for a check up and the scale said 211.4, but I will wait to count those points because I don't know how that compares with the WW scales. But it was the first time I really wanted to hop on the scale at the doc's office!

Melanie
222/214/140
Old 02-11-2003, 10:18 PM   #84  

Hey all, just an update. I lost 2.6lbs this week, earning my 25 lb star! I don't know how it happened, I think I owe it to my DD for being super hungry and nursing extra lots this weel to compensate for my greasy binge day! I am still a little above my V Day goal, but hope to reach it by next Tues!
Old 02-12-2003, 09:50 AM   #85  

Hi everyone:

Had a good OP day yesterday. Low end points, drank all my water & shovelled snow for 1/2 hour. Also shovelled more this a.m. before leaving for work. Brought a box of chocolates to work just to get them out of the house & left on the counter - they will soon disappear here.

Anyway - have a great day.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:20 PM   #86  

Tara, yep, thats the dress. I know its not the typical "wedding" dress, but its more me than the big fancy dresses at the bridal shops...plus who can afford some of those prices when you only wear it a few hours!

This has been a tough week for me, problems at home and we just found out a friend of my parents passed away. Problem is, I took today off work cause of the HORRIBLE weather here in Barrie, and I cant get the time off for the funeral on Friday.

But I managed to stay the same this week, despite falling off the wagon a bit this week, so i guess thats better than a gain!

I am determined to keep plugging away and I know I will get to my goal for my wedding.

Hope everyone has a good week, ttyl!
Old 02-13-2003, 11:06 AM   #87  

Jeff'sAngel- Sorry to hear about the death of your friend. That really sucks that you can't get the day off for the funeral! I hope you don't turn to stress eating as a result- stay strong!

I had a good day yesterday, OP and exercise, until 10:00pm when DH comes home with a sundae for me. I told him I was out of pts and he said "But its just a little one!!" So, I ate it. And wow, was it good! Guess I will stay to the low end of my pts for the rest of the week to make up for it!

Tomorrow is technically the end of the challenge, but as I said before, I think I will extend it until my WI on Tues. Anyone else doing this?
What will our next challenge be? Any ideas?
Old 02-13-2003, 11:52 AM   #88  

Hi everyone:

Stayed on track again yesterday & feel better today.
Shovelled snow again last night (about 40 min) and stayed within my points range. Haven't felt as hungry since I increased my protein. Hope I have a good week.

Bye for now
Old 02-14-2003, 12:15 AM   #89  

Question How Did YOU Do?

Well, the time has come to report in on how we did with the challenge. If you need a few days until your next WI, just report back asap. As the results come in, I will tally up and see how we did as a group. It will also be interesting to see how we did with our personal goals!
I went OP yesterday, and feel OP today, even though I am not. I just feel bloated and grumpy, not sure why! Oh well, tomorrow is another day...I will fight the chocolate demon once again!
Old 02-14-2003, 11:15 AM   #90  

Talking

wohoo!!!!!!
I had WI this morning and I am down to 181 so I lost 9 lbs so far
I stuck to points fairly well and I excercised 3 days this week. I also cut myself down to 2 sodas a day yeah me
Closed Thread