Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 11:07 AM   #61  

Welcome to the challenge, Anne & LaDean!

Can't wait to hear how your WI was, Tara! It will go down... I just know it!

Great Job on your WI, Bandit2! I can totally relate to the exercise bike decor. I have a glider decorating my home. I think I might dust it off tonight. I will tag along on your challenge. We will get off our butts and exercise at least 3x this week!

Melanie
222/117/140
Old 02-04-2003, 06:42 PM   #62  

Well here it is..my first weigh in...now keep in mind that I only started WW again on Saturday. So this is my starting point......

currently 235
first goal is to be around 190 by July for my wedding.

Final goal is to be around 150

Wish me luck! I'm gonna need it!!!
Old 02-04-2003, 07:30 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Just finished a 20 min bike ride - finally! Wasn't so bad once I got going. Melanie - did you get your exerciser dusted off?

Jeff's Angel - welcome & good luck on your journey.

Everyone else - have a good OP evening.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:41 PM   #64  

Yep! Got my glider out and dusted off. After 5 minutes I remembered I am out of shape! But I will give it another go tomorrow!
Old 02-04-2003, 09:50 PM   #65  

Jeff's Angel- Welcome, and good luck! Have you bought your dress already?
Bandit & Melanie- Nice work with the exercise!

I had WI tonight, and somehow lost 1.2lbs, with only 2 days of exercise and 2 days off pts. i think it must be because i am dehydrated! I'll have to work extra hard this week- hopefully we lose this cold soon wo I can exercise!
Old 02-05-2003, 01:26 AM   #66  

Thumbs up

I am so angry at myself I just can't seem to concentrate on loosing weight and this challange but I really want to lose weight so I am starting as of right now.

Beginning weight 190
feb 14th goal is 188
drink at least 3 glasses of water daily
stay op
final goal is 120
Old 02-05-2003, 09:31 AM   #67  

Hi everyone:

Emerald - Good for you for getting on that glider. Shortly after I got on my bike I had to lighten up the tension from where my daughter had it set, but stuck with it. Hopefully I will gradually build up my stamina.

Saskiemom - Congrats on your WI & hope you feel better soon.

Judmom - Hang in there.

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 02-05-2003, 09:34 AM   #68  

Tara, I have bought my dress, it fits, just barely, more incentive to lose some weight. I have the option of ordering it in a smaller size later down the road if indeed I do lose the weight I want to. So I am not worried about this dress not fitting...I got the dress at the most unusual spot! I got the dress at Sears, in the new catalogue....its exactly the style I wanted, and you cant argue with a wedding dress that costs less than $200!!! We are having a semi formal church wedding, so the dress style is perfect!

Thanks for asking!!

Anne
Old 02-05-2003, 12:17 PM   #69  

Default 8 days to go....!

judmom- hang in there! a new start is a great idea! how is work going?
bandit2-good luck on your trip, i hope you have a great time!!!
anne- that is definitely the right price for a wedding dress! i am sure you will be beatiful! what does your dress look like?

well, i finally got my ex video in this am- the cold took lots out of me, though- i was exhausted after about 3 minutes!!! i am starting to recover, just hope DD does soon too!

good luck to everyone for an active and op day!
sorry for the bad typing, i have in one hand!

Well, I am back. It is the middle of the night, so I actually have a little time to post without DD competing for my attention. Unfortunately it is at the cost of precious sleep! We have 8 full days left for the challenge. How many of us are going to meet the goals we set for ourselves???
In order for my to meet my goal, I somehow need to lose 4lbs in 8 days. Since Feb 14 falls a few days before my weekly WI, I will have to post a little late. Anyone else in that boat? I don't know if I will be able to do it, but I am sure going to try!
It may be hard- a close relative of mine passed away yesterday, so we have had lots of family time, and there will be more food packed family bonding time for a few more days. Tonight I managed to sit besides three platters of goodies and a box of donuts, while hungry, and eat only one measly almond. I hope I can hold out through more visiting, the funeral, and the after funeral get together. Food and stress seem like such a lethal combo. Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me? I would really appreciate it!

Last edited by SaskieMom; 02-06-2003 at 02:11 AM.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:21 AM   #70  

Saskiemom:

Sorry for your loss. Emotional eating is not good. Doesn't take long to eat a whole bag of anything.

Anyway, have something to eat at home before you leave & take a 2 Pt Bar with you. At reception, keep something to drink in your hand (coffee or water) & maybe take some hard s/f candies to suck on. I find those help me out since I won't snack while I am having one of them. Keeping a few things like the candies, bars & gum in my purse help me alot.

I am off to Ottawa shortly - so I won't be posting til probably Mon. Hope everyone has a great weekend & remember:

Keep focussed - keep counting those points & drinking that water.

Bye for now.
Old 02-07-2003, 10:46 AM   #71  

Tara - Sorry to hear about the loss in your family.

I had another WI yesterday. I did not expect it to go down because I had went to Pizza Hut and the Mexican restaurant... but I stayed within my points. I like this program that lets me eat like that and still lose 2.8# since last week!

Gals, wish me luck. I've met a new guy through a blind date set up by a friend. He came over last night and we played board games and talked. So far... so good. I am seeing him again Sunday. I guess I just got another good reason to get off my duff and workout!

Well, I better get to work. For some reason they expect that in return for my paycheck.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Melanie
222.2/214.2/140
Old 02-08-2003, 12:14 AM   #72  

Bandit2- Hope you have a great time on your trip, we expect lots of details when you return!
Melanie- That is so great about everything!! Congrats on another excellent loss! And that is really exciting about the blind date. Was it akward at all? I always watch the shows about blind dates on TV- I don't know if I would be brave enough for that! Good luck on date #2 tomorrow! Let us know how it goes! Do you find you are getting more self confidence as the pounds come off?
My sis has been stayin with me for a couple days now, it is really nice to have her here. She is a huge help with the baby, and I even got some much needed homework done! Tonight was hard, we had a family gathering with lots of greasy yummy appetizers. I managed to stay OP, but tomorrow will be very hard with the funeral/lunch/burial/hours at family's house with food everywhere. I have banked my max possible pts, and hope to stick to it. I would like to get as close as possible to my Valentine's Day goal as I can!
Have a good weekend everyone.
Judmom- Where are you? How are you doing?
Old 02-08-2003, 02:33 AM   #73  

I am still here just have been busy. Not doing to well with weight loss though I tend to eat when I am sad and depressed and angry. Any way there has been alot going on here and I have turning to food for comfort.
I am to embarresed to post weigh ins so I have just been reading everybodies until I wi on the 14th.
Old 02-08-2003, 10:11 AM   #74  

Default don't be so hard on yourself

ah judmom you're being too hard on yourself. We all have our OP days and then, well, there's the other days Awhile ago (OK it was last Saturday), I was just so sick and tired of eating right and counting points that I snapped! All I remember is going to Whole Foods for some food, and getting waylaid by their oh so tasty samples of pizza, cheese, tasty muffins, bread, sushi, fruit, cereal....and by the end of the day I'd also eaten a large brownie, some candies, a pop, some donuts---and I could go on but I don't want to make everyone hungry!
...But here's what I realized-Although I went crazy on Saturday that was only one day. I'd been good (relatively speaking)that whole week. And one day isn't going to end it all as long as I pick myself up and put myself on the program again the next day.....Being easier on myself for these occasional slips has made it alot easier for me to be "good" most of the time!So try not to be so hard on yourself-you are trying and that should count for something
Old 02-08-2003, 08:52 PM   #75  

Tara, I am so sorry for your loss. I know it can be so hard when someone passes on, but I am positive you will do fine. You seem like a strong person and I know I am not the only one who believes in you.

As for me, I wasnt sure how this past week was going to be. Since I only started last Saturday back on WW, I wasnt sure if I could do it alone and not depend on the support of the meetings. But.......I did my weigh in this morning, and I lost 4lbs since Saturday!!!!! I was so excited! Tonight turned out to be a disaster though! We went out with my parents and my fiance's parents for my Dad's birthday dinner....I didnt eat much all day knowing I would be eating lots tonight....and boy am I feeling like a ton right now! We ate at East Side Mario's. I ate pretty well until dessert!!!! But thats ok, cause it was a special occasion and I know I just have to concentrate on next week and just watch my points for a couple days and it will all work out.

Tara, you were asking about my wedding dress.....Do you have a copy of the new Sears catalogue...its the Spring/Summer one, only this year they dont call it that. Anyways, its a strapless gown, with caviar beading on the bust area. I love it, I bought my Tiara this afternoon and soon I am shopping for my veil. Cant you tell I am excited!!!

Have a good week everyone.
Closed Thread