Old 07-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #1  

Exclamation Supporting Each Other on Our Weight Loss Journey!

This is a great thread for those who want support, helpful hints, friendship and a great bunch of people to communicate with. This thread has existed for a long time and we keep re-starting it whenever the old one gets too long. Feel free to stop in and chat, we are not a "closed" group and welcome newcomers. Some of us have been together for well over a year, some only a few days, but we care about each other. We offer tips, we share, we pick each other up of the floor when we've had rough times and we applaud when someone does well.

So, please do stop on by and share a bit, support is what it's all about! We can really do this together!

**Note that I am restarting this thread and posting a link on the old thread. My Thread Notifications were not working, even cancelled them and re-did them and I was not getting emailed when y'all were posting. I want to chat and I want to be back here! I'm really trying to work through this and I need you all to support me and for me to be here for you. It truly helps. I hope I can keep it going!
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #2  

So... where do I begin?
The July 4th Independence Day weekend was a mess for me. I started out tracking and then blew it later in the weekend. Even ended the weekend at a Chinese Food Buffet. What was I thinking?
I have to do better.
I hung my head in shame and went to the WW meeting first thing on Tuesday morning and, yes, had a 1.4 pound gain. Last week when I weighed in, I had lost 1.4, so I am right back where I was before. Blah.

Since Tuesday, I have been a very good girl. Have not used a single one of my extra 49 points, saving them for the weekend. Have been on track and eating exactly what I should. I hope I can get through the weekend. We have company coming and that is always a problem.

Eating out tomorrow night and I'm going to check the place on line to see if there is a menu and plan ahead.

What's for dinner tonight, my friends?

For me:
One boneless pork chop. Brown rice and string beans.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:17 PM   #3  
Less of a Better Me

So important to go ahead and weigh in even when you've gone off track. I think it puts it behind you and makes it easier to go on.

I went out of town for the weekend, traveling on Friday. That day was sort of bad since I ate out a lot but Saturday was actually my highest point day since I went back to WW last summer. The combination of Friday and Saturday meant that I used every one of my weekly points when usually I use an average of about 10.

But....I decided to go low carb for awhile (checking it out to see if it works well for me) and started that Sunday. We ate out again but found it easy to do low carb (went to a seafood restaurant so ate steamed crab and broccoli). Anyway, weighed in this morning and actually lost .2 pounds which considering that I used all weekly points this week I was happy with.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

I am absolutely dreading when i go away in September for some holidays. We live in Ottawa Ontario, but are returning to Salem Mass for the end of September (Cant wait!!! love it there so much!!) Im happy about the holidays part but the eating part will be torturous. I am already planning ahead for that. I suspect i can bring some dried type foods with me, but i will instead of eating out, will go to the grocery store there and buy some easy to prepare foods in the hotel room (salads, pre-cooked chicken etc). I will see how it turns out. Luckily we will be out doing stuff all day and i wont have much time to be snacking :P Last year i know we ate our fair share of Applebee's, Domino's Pizza, and Denny's lol.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:32 AM   #5  

Mercuryblue, What brings you to Salem MA specifically, will you be there a long time (sounds like it?)? That is about 45 minutes from where I live in Southern NH. Sounds like a fun trip.
Koshka, are you doing low carb in conjunction with Weight Watchers or deviating from their program?
With my WW plan, I get 29 points each day. If I am careful, I can eat very well and feel tremendously satisfied, especially with free fruits and veggies on my side. I love carbs, and some of them are just so healthy for us.
Weight Watcher's brand rye bread, without seeds, is only 2 points for two slices. This bread has a whopping 7 grams of fiber for two slices! That is just awesome. I'm supposed to have 25 grams of fiber per day, according to my doctor. I love this bread as it truly gets me towards that goal much more easily.
Tonight is a challenge, we are having dinner out with my in laws. I have looked at the menu on line and made a few decisions up front.
What challenges do you face this weekend?
Old 07-09-2011, 06:40 AM   #6  

Good morning!
I did well last night at the restaurant. Ordered grilled swordfish, and it was excellent. I didn't over eat, had no dessert and left there feeling good.

To all, what form of exercise will you work into your day today?

I'm going to try for a swim!
Old 07-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Hey guys =)

Ahh Salem. Such fun things to do there

I've got a lot of chores to do today. So after I'm done with my forum reading I'm off to do things like walking around while shopping, and then back home for chores like cleaning and laundry.

Not exactly running a marathon, but it's activity and movement and I'm grateful for it!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #8  

Keep up the good work, everyone.
Let's talk about what challenges will come up this week.
What exercise can and will you do?
Old 07-11-2011, 06:58 AM   #9  

Honestly. Why do I do what I do? We went out to eat last night. I was waylaid by the family one more time. It's so hard for me when others are not trying to lose weight. I made a few good choices, but I also blew it on other things.
Eating out for me is like poison, yet we do this so often in our family. I lose control and beat myself up for it time and time again.
I feel like a broken record here.
There has to be a way for me to live my life, get down to the weight I want to be at and manage.

Challenges for me:
A lunch meeting today
Going away for the weekend
Taking time to exercise, though I'm just not that into it
Old 07-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

Eating out can also be a downfall for me if I don't plan very carefully, so I understand that, Derry.

But, it's also why it's a treat. I'm thinking going out once a month for food is plenty for me, personally.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #11  

I could have had a worse day. I like saying that.
How did your day go?

I'm cranky from the heat, was on my way home this afternoon and it was 96 degrees. Really want ice cream, but I will have something else instead. Wondering if I can create something with fruit in my blender to satisfy that urge for a cold thing? Any ideas?
Old 07-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi, guys..

Lotsa stressful stuff going on w/ kids, and school, and finances, and a sick MIL- I know it will all pass, but dang if I ain't stress eating, and then feeling guilty for stress eating. At least I'm trying to own it by tracking every. single. ridiculous. point. and posting it in the tracking thread. It hurts to see, but I think I need that accountability.

Goals. Today is exactly 2 months since restarting WW. By this time last year, when I did WW the first time, I had lost 27 lbs. I was a point-tracking machine. This time, due to not tracking pts properly during the first month (I was new to PointsPlus), and then having a few plateau moments of losing/gaining the same 5 lbs due to not being strict on my intake.. I've only lost 19. I know, I know... I've lost 19 lbs! I am completely grateful that I've lost those 19 stinking, stubborn lbs, and I can't compare weight loss with others, or even from my own past experiences (I think lovely(?) told me that when I first started 3FC and was frustrated for the same reason, and she's completely right ), but I'm frustrated with myself because I'm not being as strict as I know I can be.. I'm letting little things bother me.. and I need to quit that shiznet. But to the point, I'm finding I CANNOT put a deadline on my weight loss, or I'm going to completely derail out of frustration, and potentially not get back on track. In my excel tracker I put that I wanted to lose (my 2nd) 5% by todays date- which would have put me at 187. I'm 189- only 2 lbs away! I should be proud.. instead I'm annoyed because I could have made that goal if I hadn't chosen to eat like crap all week.

~~~~

So.. I started writing that entry this morning before going to school, and saved it to post later. I came home and started reading on of my favorite healthy living blogs- Healthy Tipping Point, and Caitlin's most recent entry happened to be:

"One of the problems with goals is that goals very often prevent you from appreciating who you are – or where you are – at this very moment. Have you ever noticed this?

If your goal is to lose 50 pounds, you might not appreciate the 10 you’ve already lost because you still have 40 to go. Or if your goal is to make a baby, you might not fully appreciate time alone with your spouse because all you can think about is having kids. If your goal is to run a 10K, you might not appreciate the first time you ran 4 miles because you’ve still got 2.2 to go.

When gurus and yogis talk of “being present,” I think this is what they are referring to – don’t get so caught up in your goals and plans that you fail to appreciate where you are right now."

Hellooooo slap-in-the-face-&-need-to-get-my-act-together. As of now, I'm forgetting that I'm 2 months in and haven't met an unofficial deadline.. I've lost 19 lbs, no matter if it's regained poundage or not. I'm also no longer going to put myself on timeline deadlines, I don't need that added stress. I'll lose that 5% when I lose it.

Ladies, be proud of what we've accomplished thus far.. whether it's a 1 lbs loss, or a few lb gain- it's just a few lbs, it'll come off! I can do this, you can do this, we can do this!
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 222/ 168/ STG 160/ LTG 145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrydaughter View Post
Wondering if I can create something with fruit in my blender to satisfy that urge for a cold thing? Any ideas?
I haven't tried it yet, but apparently ripe, frozen bananas thrown in a blender/ food processor ends up like banana soft serve ice cream.
girlsenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:07 AM   #14  

Girlsenberry, maybe you can tell us what a typical day is for you? I'm impressed with your losses. I think you are on the right track.

Today, I am starting a new 3 month tracker and I hope that this tracker will be what it takes to get moving with this. I seem to be dead in the water. I'm coming back here and trying hard to think myself into this, but I am not performing well. I'm starting a day with good intentions and losing control later on.
I have to want this more than I want the food. Will I do that?
Old 07-12-2011, 07:09 AM   #15  

Koshka, good point about the go and weigh in... going to have to find a meeting I can get to this week as I have an appointment today and this is my normal meeting day.
I have nothing to be proud of, sadly, but if I do not go, will I spiral out of control? I need my meetings.