3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers

1988 Weight Watchers Plan

Old 10-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #16

Hello,

Are you still interested in having the 1990 copy of weight watchers plan? I think what I have is the 1990 - I'm not sure though. If you are still interested, I could type a few things, and you can see if that is what you want.

It is about exchanges - it might be the one you need.

I'm new here but I'm looking the for 1990 copy of the weight watcher plan? Do you still have it? I'm pretty sure that is the one I was on and lost weight. I just cannot follow that points plan.
sayone5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #17

I'm very much still interested in this. Sorry I haven't responded I lost the link to this site and just found it. Thanks
sayone5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #18

Default ww quick success plans

I have 1988 quick success plans from week 3 to week 15 I think I lent 1 and 2 out and never got em back
merrymarie53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #19

Default on the old WW plan 1980's early 90's

Does anyone know what the floating exchanges you get and what week you add then in? Please help
michelle47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #20

Does it list floating exchanges???? I need to know how many floating exchanges you get and what weeks..please help
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarie53 View Post
I have 1988 quick success plans from week 3 to week 15 I think I lent 1 and 2 out and never got em back
Old 05-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #21

Needing to know how many float exchanges you get in each week. Your help is desperately needed
Old 06-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #22
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default Floating exchanges

If you still need the info on floating exchanges, you get (1) in week 5.

"If you keep doing the same things, you will keep getting the same results"

Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #23

I'm looking for the late 1980's Weight Watchers plan also. I have the check off sheet but what I need is the allowed foods that are listed in the booklets. Especially the quick start. I've been looking for this for a few years now and I'd really appreciate anything anyone could send to me. Thanks!
cjones101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #24

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjones101 View Post
I'm looking for the late 1980's Weight Watchers plan also. I have the check off sheet but what I need is the allowed foods that are listed in the booklets. Especially the quick start. I've been looking for this for a few years now and I'd really appreciate anything anyone could send to me. Thanks!

If you can't find the food lists, you can use any diabetic food exchange list, such as the Choose Your Food booklet or an exchange resource such as the book Exchanges for All Occasions or the food lists available on diabetes sited or frugalabundance website.

During the first weeks, tho old WW plans would limit your choices, each week allowing you more choices. There's really no need though to do this, as there's no reason to do this for weight loss purposes.

In the past, and until recently, WW often used a graduated approach for two reasons that have nothing to do with weight loss, but more to do with marketing and keeping you coming to meetings (nothing wrong with that, but if you're already familiar with the complete program, even if you have to refresh your memory, and not going to the meetings you don't have to bother with the baby-steps. The reasons: 1. A gradual roll-out meant you had to attend 4 - 8 meetings before you got the complete plan. 2. Starting simply, with fewer choices would not overwhelm newbies who had never dieted before or people who had no experience whatsoever in food grouping.

The limited choices does not improve weight loss, it just makes the job easier for newbies. Since you're not a newbie, you don't need the "dumbed down" baby step version.

http://www.dreamstormdesigns.etsy.com
etsy link by permission from 3fc! Want to add yours? Ask them!

Last edited by kaplods : 07-18-2013 at 01:15 AM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #25
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Kaplods, there's no graduated program now. You get the entire program on the first day. Unless you are talking about the extra little pep talks at the end of your first two meetings (Spaces and Routines) but even that info is available in the stuff you get on the first day.

Halloween Challenge

forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #26

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkeeps View Post
Kaplods, there's no graduated program now. You get the entire program on the first day. Unless you are talking about the extra little pep talks at the end of your first two meetings (Spaces and Routines) but even that info is available in the stuff you get on the first day.

Actually, I'm very glad to hear it. I'll edit my post, as I realize I have not been on WW on it's current system (but was on the one before), and I just assumed that a graduated roll out was still part of this program as it has been for the last 30 - 40 years.

I'm really glad they've given that up, it always annoyed me.

http://www.dreamstormdesigns.etsy.com
etsy link by permission from 3fc! Want to add yours? Ask them!
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #27
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/see sig/143

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Interesting reading, I did love the exchange plan, it worked great for me. Points worked well for me as well, once I got the hang of it.

Kaplods, as usual you are a wealth of helpful information, and thanks for the reminder about the old WW program, I always remember you couldn't eat tomatoes the first week, hard to imagine today, I think Atkins had a similar tomato ban in the early stages...poor tomatoes.

Thanks for the info!

...as you eliminate the options that don't work, you can't help but eventually stumble upon what does. -Kaplods

Thanks to Diana and GardenerJoy for threads that keep me going month after month!

DH
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #28

S/C/G: 184.4/169.2/140

Height: 5'3"

I have a WW Cookbook dated 1994 that has how to do the plan in the front - it is some sort of exchange plan; would gladly copy those pages and email to whomever wants it!
stratcat45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:21 AM   #29

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratcat45 View Post
I have a WW Cookbook dated 1994 that has how to do the plan in the front - it is some sort of exchange plan; would gladly copy those pages and email to whomever wants it!
I would love to have a copy. My email is jaimbeth at ya hoo dot ca
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #30
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Talking

Thank you Snow White-

That is very helpful!!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.