3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Do you eat your weekly points? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/227556-do-you-eat-your-weekly-points.html)

uncontentgirl 03-08-2011 11:36 AM

Do you eat your weekly points?

How many of you eat all your weekly points? How many eat just some of them? I read somewhere that a woman found she was losing weight more steadily when she ate all her daily & weekly points, but this doesnt seem right to me.

I eat all my dailies and usually will dip into about 10pts of my weeklies but I am trying to stop this. I am losing weight steadily (just got to my 5% mark! yay!) but not as fast as I would like...

will eating more of my weeklies help or hurt me??

barbaramatafeo 03-08-2011 11:43 AM

I try to never dip into them. My body does not like the extra points.

nationalparker 03-08-2011 11:49 AM

I was trying to save them until the leader talked about using them - i used most of them on two splurge meals and lost more that week - who knows WHAT it was attributed to, but now I find I dip into them more for a splurge, rather than split them up into a few more points each day.

skinnycow126 03-08-2011 11:51 AM

I plan to only eat my daily points. Then, as I am a grazer and picker, use my weeklies for that, if it happens. If I am working out a little more, I might use some more weeklies, but I never use my activity points.

pointspluspioneer 03-08-2011 11:55 AM

I usually use most of them on Saturday night as that is my weigh in day. I use them on drinks and dinner usually. I would go insane if i didn't have a more relaxed day of the week and probably say forget it. I don't like to use all of them though.

Lots2Lose 03-08-2011 12:12 PM

I weigh in on Saturday so I usually dont count my points for anything I eat on Saturday...I usually have a homemade meal I enjoy (like lasagna and garlic bread) then I wipe out my daily points for that day and all my weeklies, whether I use them or not - I have no idea because I dont count that day. That way my weeklies are gone from my tracker and I dont dip into them for the rest of the week - out of sight, out of mind!! Works for me as I've been losing steadily for a few months now with only 2 gains of less than half a pound :)

Alright 03-08-2011 12:15 PM

I only use them for a splurge. I aim for my 29, sometimes I'll eat a few more....but for the most part, a splurge.

nancylmrn 03-08-2011 12:15 PM

Some weeks I use part of my weeklies others I don't and have not seen much difference in losses...sorry I could not be much help

Wendyybear 03-08-2011 12:41 PM

I always eat ALL my WP and AP. If I didn't let myself have those extra points on the weekends, I know I would have quit weeks ago. It helps me stay on plan through the week if I know that I can have the weekend to have some things that I can't normally eat. I've lost 14 pounds in 7 weeks.

Tudor Rose 03-08-2011 12:51 PM

I eat at least half of my weeklies, sometimes more sometimes less. During the week I might eat one or two a day, but I save most of them for the weekend, since that's usually when I go out to eat and I like having the extra points available to me.

WebWoman 03-08-2011 01:00 PM

I use all of my weeklies, usually on a glass or two of wine after dinner. I mix the wine with diet 7-up and make a spritzer - and it helps me sleep. :)

amandie 03-08-2011 01:01 PM

I eat all of my WP including my AP and I'm still seeing a 2lb loss per week so I'm sticking with it. There was one week where I decided to experiment eating only half of my WP along with my DP and AP, I lost 3.2lbs.
As I can see from above posts, it is different for every body (age, metabolism, activity level, etc.) For me, I think it's because before WW, I was calorie counting and eating about 1700 calories plus I am exercising everyday so that may have something to do with it?

amandie 03-08-2011 01:01 PM

WebWoman- yum, that spritzer sounds good!

Spooky 03-08-2011 01:45 PM

I eat at least some of my weeklies, usually about half. I don't eat APs.

sfree13 03-08-2011 01:55 PM

I think you have to play with what works for you. I work out 5-7 times per week, for at least 40 minutes high-intensity cardio. One week, I ate none of my weeklies or APs, and I lost 0.2! I think my body was unhappy with the low calories given how much I work out. I seem to do better when I eat most of my weeklies, at least half of them. If you don't work out at all, then I think the daily points is probably sufficient calories for you, but for someone like me who burns at least 400 cals a day working out, I need the extra calories since 1100 is so low.