Old 03-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #1  

Default Points Plus

Hi! I'm a newbie here, but not to WW. Since 2006, I've gone from an all-time high of 171 lbs to as low as 136. I used WW Online for all of this, never went to a meeting. But now I've crept back up to 148lbs, and I'd like to try PointsPlus. The trouble is, I've recently changed careers and things will be a little tight for a couple of months. I dropped my online membership over the holidays to save cash, and honestly, I don't want to go back to paying monthly fees. What is my best bet for learning the new plan? Should I get the WW@Home kit? How is everyone here doing PP?

Thanks
angrybirds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #2  

I am doing very well, thanks. You cannot do the new program (thanks WW I'm tired of the freeloaders), without a calculator so you need that and the plan information which is copyrighted and we cannot give it out free. Get the kit or join online or go to one meeting and get what you need. The meeting is probably the cheapest way since there is free membership through next week.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #3  

Thank you for your reply. Yeah, that's what I was thinking -- the At Home kit might be better (even than the free meeting) since it has more stuff with it that I wouldn't be able to get from meetings unless I kept going for a long time.

Then again, I was really successful with Flex/Momentum and I already know exactly how to do that plan -- so in some ways I keep thinking "why not just stick with Flex?" But I admit, curiosity about pointsplus has the better of me at the moment. Except that some people complain of not losing weight on the new plan.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/141.5/125

Height: 5'3

If you have an iPhone there's a points app that's only 1.99. It's not WW endorsed, so it might not be 100% actuate on everything. lot of people at my meeting use this since the actually WW calculators are sold out and on back order for months in my area.

Good luck!
catahoula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #5  

Okay, thanks. I did find a great app called iWatchr, and it lets you either calculate the old (Flex/Momentum) way, or PointsPlus. It also lets you track your weight and WPA, activity, etc... and it's very easy to use. I also like not having a lug around my other calculator, just having this on my iPhone instead.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #6  

I've been on WW in the past. Before my wedding, then after my first baby. I have the books from 2010, and the calculator from 2009...I get it, that WW has to keep changing things so people like me, who know that program, have what they need and don't go to meetings, will re-join and pay WW... but you know what?

I'm just doing the WW from only a year or so ago. Its worked fine then. The heck with the new points thing, because I'm sure a few years from now there will be another new plan, then another and another...I'd go broke if I re-joined, and re-bought all the books/calculator/tools everytime they re-did it.

I do understand though. Its a business and if they didn't do this, eventually they would start to lose money.

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 03-06-2011 at 03:24 PM.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #7  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

the idea is, that when you're lifetime and at your goal that you would get all the new materials at no cost.

of course, if you're like me, you're lifetime and not at goal so need to do something about that...

I was just a bit curious, because we bought some smart ones meals and it mentioned the new program values and that the daily points had increased.

I might just go to a few meetings and see if that gets me motivated to get on track, ww is great, it always worked for me when I went, I only have myself to blame for getting away from meetings and off track and back to where I have to do it all over again.

anyway, sorry for getting on the soapbox, trying to get myself motivated.

thanks for listening and hope i didn't offend anyone xxxooo
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #8  

You missed the point completely why WW changes things. In the first place, this was the first major change in 13 years. The reason the plan changed was that in 13 years there has been a lot of scientific research on weight loss and it needed to be incorporated. Do you still drive around in a horse and buggy?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
You missed the point completely why WW changes things. In the first place, this was the first major change in 13 years. The reason the plan changed was that in 13 years there has been a lot of scientific research on weight loss and it needed to be incorporated. Do you still drive around in a horse and buggy?
I completely agree, my leader said the exact same thing about the scientific reasons behind it. She also said that if you try to do it at home it will be alot harder and that the meetings are the key to great success. I do find that when i stay for the meetings i leave there refreshed and regrouped for my next week.
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #10  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

I was on the old plan Momentum as well, and I like this plan better. It is different, not just a repackage. All fruits and most veggies have 0 PointsPlus value. Yup, you heard it right, 0. For calculating PointsPlus values, you utilize Protein, Fat, Carbohydrates, and Fiber, so it is a lot different from the Momentum plan. I find the amount of food and types of food I'm eating to be totally different on this plan, the focus is much heavier on fruits/veggies, high fiber/whole grains, and lean proteins. No more 1 point 100 calorie packs

You can check out the new PointsPlus calculator right now for free, because the are on back order from WW b/c of the crazy success of the new program. You can find it at www.weightwatchers.com/calculator.

I feel a lot more freedom on this program, and empowered to really eat healthful foods. I get the lowest possible available weekly PointsPlus, 29. You will never go lower than 29. You also still get a bank account of 49 PointsPlus for the week to pull from. I really enjoy the new program, and would encourage others to check it out. I've lost 9 pounds so far, and that's 9 pounds less than when I started!!

misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I really love the new plan, too. It does seem like I'm losing slower than the first time I did WW but the plan is so easy to stick to that I don't mind that. This is the first time I feel like I could really do this for the rest of my life and not resent the fact that I can't eat like everyone else and be at a healthy weight.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:42 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
Do you still drive around in a horse and buggy?
I do.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote