Old 02-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #16  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the continued input, ladies!

I can see that I eat a lot of fruit and that's definitely an area I can pare down. I do tend to eat it with a source of fat and/or protein, like a banana with peanut butter or apple with greek yogurt since I realized a while back that eating fruit on its own did not fill me up and actually seemed to make me hungrier.

The major changes I made this week were:

- I tracked everything on both Etools and Spark
- I paid attention to sodium levels, as well as staying in healthy ranges for fat, fiber, protein and calories
- I weighed and measured EVERYTHING
- I only counted water as water (not crystal light, diet soda or coffee as I had been doing) and drank at least 64 oz of water everyday

I averaged about 1550 calories a day, and typically met or exceeded my DPs by a couple of points, using a little over half of my weeklies.

I went to my weekly meeting this morning and I'd lost 10 lbs, which means I probably was retaining a lot of fluid. I am now 6lbs down from my mid-November weight. What I'm really hoping is that I have broken this 2+ month plateau I've been on and that I continue a moderate downward trend from here on out - only 18 lbs to goal!
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

congrats on the biggest loss of all being that 150. You know what to do for you
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #18  

Thanks for posting the update. I've been up/down too and I also usually pair fruit with something else.

I keep a 64 oz jug of water on my counter with the goal of drinking it all by the end of the day. More than anything else it seems like my water intake influences the scale movement. If I'm low on water the scale goes up. I appreciate your posting an update hearing your story will help keep me on track too.

Last edited by Nicmom24; 02-11-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Nicmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 240ish/180/165

Height: 5'9"

Wow, congrats! 10lbs down is insanely good! Must have been water retention---watching sodium is so important---I found that for myself too, so have been really watching my soda intake, especially. Keep us posted---if you keep doing what you did this week, I bet you will be at goal in no time at all!
sfree13 is offline   Reply With Quote