Old 02-02-2011, 12:58 PM   #1  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Upset with myself

I went to my first weigh in on Monday and I gained .6 . I know what I did wrong and I am kicking myself now for it. I went out on Sunday for a meat raffle. The raffle was for my benefit so I could raise money to sing in a "Battle of the Bars" competition for 2 local charities, it's a great cause. I said I was going to have a healthy meal and not drink, that never ended up happening. I had turkey dinner with all the fixings and I drank enough that I lost count. Then my friend orders fried food and I had some of that as well. I wish I could control my urge to eat and drink on the weekends. It's so hard when everyone else around you including your friends are drinking and eating.

My leader at WW told me to just wipe last week away and start fresh. I have been really good so far but.... the weekend is only a few days away. What do you do to keep yourself from drinking and eating crap at the bars?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by BlueEyes83; 02-02-2011 at 01:56 PM.
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I meet a friend at the bar every Friday. I know I'm going to so I plan for it. First, I limit myself to 2 beers. They are tasty beers, not "lite," so 2 is fine. And I don't wake up hung over or risk driving while under the influence. Then, I either eat at home before I go, or if I'm not hungry before leaving she and I will split a small pizza there. And I account for the pizza in my points.

Other people might be eating nachos or chicken fingers, but those aren't going to get me where I want to go. Nor is drinking 6 rum and cokes.

If you can't drink only 1 or 2 drinks, then you have a bigger problem that just the Points value. You may need to reconsider where you hang out and who you hang out with if you drink so much you can't remember how many you had. That's simply not healthy regardless of how much you weigh.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #3  
You'll be given love...

S/C/G: 328/283/140.00

Height: 5'5

I have this problem too! Basically, don't get drunk as your inhibitions to food drop. Happens to me every time and I end up getting Taco Bell. it really is "drunk meal". So I have stopped getting hard liquor at the bar or drinking water in between my drinks. Anything to not get hammered and eat something silly, yaknow?

My best move yet: Getting one or two drinks to enjoy slowly like wine or whiskey on the rocks and focusing more on having a good time with friends.
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #4  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Seagirl - I'm not a drunk . I only drink once a week...

I also will normally eat something before going out but then I always get hungry when I smell all the food, I end up getting something else.

Nebuchadnezzar
-I hate having the drunk munchies, lol. That is a great idea about the water in between drinks . I will also see what I like on the rock, awesome ideas, thanks!
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

I'm not a huge bar person and only drink once a year but I have a tip for you that may just work! I know this comparison is going to be a little weird but when I go to the movie theater I pack a couple pieces of fruit, string cheese, etc. in my purse. In fact I do this everywhere I go just in case I end up hungry for something I know is super high in points such as fried food.

The only thing you can do is start fresh and plan for a better week but don't beat yourself up! Through this entire process I've had 4 or 5 gains and I learned NOT to let them discourage me =D
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

My wife is the GM of a sports bar. We have bar industry events (just next weekend we have free 'supertaster' tickets to the DC Food & Wine festival) and everywhere we go is alcohol city. I've learned some things the hard way. I'm not an alcoholic but it is easy to overindulge when everyone else is doing shots and bombs and generally acting like we are still in college doing kegstands.

I'd limit the amount of time you are at the bar. Do you have to drink every weekend? Can you make it every other weekend or even once a month?

Drink slowly. The quicker you pound the drinks the harder it is on your body to process them. I also like the idea of a club soda or water between alcoholic drinks. I generally limit myself to 2 drinks, have a bit of protein before I go or order protein rich food while I'm there (like I will usually have a reasonable salad or grilled chicken wrap or jerk chicken skewers while I'm out, not hot wings/crab dip/deep fried cheeseburgers -- and yes that is on the menu).

The most important suggestion I have is to have someone who will look out for you while you're out. If you are committed to WW and you want to stick to your 2 drink limit sometimes you need someone to gently remind you when you get caught in the moment and want to do a round of bubble bombs with everyone at the bar. I've even been known to toss a shot while everyone else is doing them, usually they are so drunk they won't notice if you don't do it.

Hope this helps!
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240ish/180/165

Height: 5'9"

BlueEyes83---I'm not sure if you are like me, but I have a hard time separating certain events/places/people from 'bad' food. Saturday nights always mean date night for me, and 'bad' food. This weekend, after my weigh in, I ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies after a normal day and counting points---there went my 49 points in one box! Eek!

When I am on plan, I tend to try to avoid the 'triggers' which are often certain restaurants, people, events. Now, this might not be a long-term way to live life, but if you know that certain things cause you to crave or trigger, you should consider avoiding them until you can say no and mean it. Just one person's opinion

Good luck!
sfree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 308/257/175

Height: 5'10

Honestly, I feel like I could have written this post myself.

I have found myself going out far too much lately...almost every weekend, sometimes both Friday and Saturday nights. My bar buddies are definitely not in the same boat as myself. Their food and drink intake is extravegant. They can put whatever they want in their mouth and pay no other consequence but a headache the next morning.

It irritates me to say the least. I will try to be good and limit myself to one drink...two TOPS but it NEVER fails that my friend wants to stop and nosh after the bar and he buys a pig's trough of food. To say it is irritating is a huge understatement.

This past weekend was when I said enough is enough. I refuse to torture myself. I am working far too hard to reach my goals and the empty calories a night at the bar cost me is not worth it.

Take yourself out of that situation as much as possible. Limit your time out to once or twice a month. Eat healthy and exercise every day of the week (if possible) so that when you do face a challenge, the hit won't be as drastic. Drink water with lemon while your friends sip cocktails. Drive separtely to avoid post-bar binges.

You can do it! Be strong! Remember, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Last edited by TransformingToni; 02-03-2011 at 04:24 PM.
TransformingToni is offline   Reply With Quote