Old 01-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #16  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Good luck, Kimberly! You have to make the right decision for your body and as long as you are following a healthy plan and losing, then it's all good! I'm sure you'll be successful. I'd also be curious to see how the two compare if you decide to keep track both ways for a couple weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess jp View Post
would anyone like to have a momentum thread for us points users?
There's actually a whole subforum for Momentum: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/momentum-flex-222/
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #17  

Hi
Everyone,

I started P.P. in Nov. and I have loss nothing, but I did gain 2 pounds, I talked to my leader about it and he said I could go back to the old plan on my own, or I could stay on points plus and just eat until I am satisfied, he said W.W. is now saying you don't have to eat all your points all the time. I have not decided what I am going to do yet, but here is the thing when I did momentum my weight loss was really slow and I never knew if I was eating enough or not. I am 58 years old I walk 2 miles every day I did weigh 145 but I gain 2 pound with the new plan so now I weigh 147, I eat fruits, veggies,proteins and very little carbs, I think that is the reason I started gaining weight, I started eating more carbs to get to the 29 points. Any way I am thinking about going back to momentum and I would appreciate any advice on weight loss and exercise point or weekly points. I would just like to know if my weight loss would be better if I ate a little more.

Thank you

Webb

And thank you Jess for starting this thread.
webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:03 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by webb View Post
Hi
Everyone,

I started P.P. in Nov. and I have loss nothing, but I did gain 2 pounds, I talked to my leader about it and he said I could go back to the old plan on my own, or I could stay on points plus and just eat until I am satisfied, he said W.W. is now saying you don't have to eat all your points all the time. I have not decided what I am going to do yet, but here is the thing when I did momentum my weight loss was really slow and I never knew if I was eating enough or not. I am 58 years old I walk 2 miles every day I did weigh 145 but I gain 2 pound with the new plan so now I weigh 147, I eat fruits, veggies,proteins and very little carbs, I think that is the reason I started gaining weight, I started eating more carbs to get to the 29 points. Any way I am thinking about going back to momentum and I would appreciate any advice on weight loss and exercise point or weekly points. I would just like to know if my weight loss would be better if I ate a little more.

Thank you

Webb

And thank you Jess for starting this thread.

In the last week I have had a dozen people tell me they are VERY unhappy with the new Points Plus Plan. They have also shared with me the fact that they were losing just fine on Momentum and now they are either gaining or staying at the exact same weight since starting in November. In my opinion I don't think there was anything wrong with the Momentum Plan. I was seriously thinking about sending an E-Mail to Florine letting her know my concerns with Points Plus.

When I began Weight Watchers last January I was losing a little over 2lbs consistently for 10 months, then the plan changed and I started losing and gaining the same few pounds until I switched back to Momentum Wednesday. Since I switched back I have lost 8lbs, I know it's mostly water but I'm happy with the loss. When I went to my meeting Wednesday I weighted 179 and am now 171. At this point I think it's personal preference, if you like PP than stick with it but it you're not happy then try going back to Momentum and see which works better for you.

I was honest with my leader and told her I was not happy about PP, she was a little unhappy about the fact that I was going back to Momentum but what could she do? I have to do what's in my best interest and what works for me, fortunately it's Momentum.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

Height: 5 8"

I think it's really important to do what you think is best for yourself - you know your body better than anyone else. I'm doing Momentum too. I have no interest in the PP program because I know for me, the regular program works - and I think if you're really interested in becoming healthy then you'll know that maxing out your points on pizza will serve you nothing but what we are all trying to change. Anyway, my point is just do what's best for you, and don't worry about what anyone else has to say!

You can do it!!
hayleycreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:23 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyP View Post
In the last week I have had a dozen people tell me they are VERY unhappy with the new Points Plus Plan. They have also shared with me the fact that they were losing just fine on Momentum and now they are either gaining or staying at the exact same weight since starting in November. In my opinion I don't think there was anything wrong with the Momentum Plan. I was seriously thinking about sending an E-Mail to Florine letting her know my concerns with Points Plus.

When I began Weight Watchers last January I was losing a little over 2lbs consistently for 10 months, then the plan changed and I started losing and gaining the same few pounds until I switched back to Momentum Wednesday. Since I switched back I have lost 8lbs, I know it's mostly water but I'm happy with the loss. When I went to my meeting Wednesday I weighted 179 and am now 171. At this point I think it's personal preference, if you like PP than stick with it but it you're not happy then try going back to Momentum and see which works better for you.

I was honest with my leader and told her I was not happy about PP, she was a little unhappy about the fact that I was going back to Momentum but what could she do? I have to do what's in my best interest and what works for me, fortunately it's Momentum.
I'm curious how your eating changed when moving from Momentum to Points Plus? Mine didn't change very much at all except my snacks moved from a protein and carbs (sometimes the carbs were fruit) to always having a protein and fruit. That was pretty much it.

I'm really surprised that your leader was upset about you moving back to Momentum. You gave PP a more than fair shot, so you aren't just being wishy-washy.
Shades of Gray is offline   Reply With Quote