Old 01-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #1  

Default new to WW

I'm on my second week of ww and loving it! I enjoy the freedom of being able to have a treat now and then. Here's a question for some of you. How do you eat? Do you eat strickly healthy foods? I'm on the go a lot and don't always have time to cook. I LOVE the smart ones dinners, but I'm also a fan of eating out. I guess my question really is, has anyone done the plan staying within their dailey points and also eating out or doing the smart ones and lost significantly?
lizbeth0105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

I have treat days after wi but point everything and i still loose but i dont do it everyday. Im not sure want smart ones are? Aslong as you stick to your points you should loose xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Welcome!!!

oh yes I eat tons of smart ones (and lean cuisines, healthy choice etc) just because I'm a horrible cook and super busy so these options are perfect for me! because they have excess sodium in them I try to drink more water as well, but that is just my preference. But yes, ww is so adaptable to any lifestyle so needing frozen meals or eating on the go etc can work perfectly, just be sure to look your restaurants up before you arrive so you have some ideas in mind of what to order before you get side tracked with the bread basket and dessert list, LOL
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:24 PM   #4  

thanks spryng! I'm the same way, a horrible cook! I know i should try and eat healthier and get in more veggies, but im starting small. eating frozen meals for breakfast and lunch and then a healthy dinner. Maybe once I work on my cooking skills a bit I'll be able to lay off them a bit. lol!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #5  
Sexy Writer Chick

S/C/G: 235/235/125

Height: 5'3"

I eat lots of the packaged frozen foods as well, smart ones, lean cusine. But only at lunch. I am a terrible planner. Even if I bag my lunch, I often forget it on the counter, or I end up not eating it anyway and it goes to waste. I eat the frozen dinners about 3 times a week. That with a piece of fruit is usually good for me. Honestly I haven’t been paying attention to the sodium much, but I probably should.
ladyfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #6  
Less of a Better Me

I do eat frozen foods -- Some Smart one, Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice (I love, love, love the new steamers).

I do not always eat healthy food. But I try to keep it mostly healthy. Snacks - string cheese or cheese bites, nuts, Popcorn Indiana cinnamon popcorn, WW peanut butter sundae cups dessert.

I have been trying to eat less sodium so am eating fewer frozen foods lately.

For a sandwich today I had Nature's Own Wholewheat Sandwich Rounds for bread, a Tyson chicken breast (grilled not breaded), Sargento Low Fat Pepper jack Cheese with chipotle mustard. It was 6 points and is better for me than most frozen dinners with less sodium.

The good news is that you can eat out and still lose weight on WW. The bad news is that it is hard to do that if you eat out often.

I recently cut down on eating out which meant that I went from eating most of my weekly points to only eating a few or none. My weight loss has increased greatly.

It is, mostly, a philosophical change. I do love dining out. But do I love being thin more than I love eating out? Lately if I am tempted to eat out I really ask myself if it is worth it. Occasionally it is, but more and more often I feel that eating out is not advancing my real goal.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfyre View Post
I eat lots of the packaged frozen foods as well, smart ones, lean cusine. But only at lunch. I am a terrible planner. Even if I bag my lunch, I often forget it on the counter, or I end up not eating it anyway and it goes to waste. I eat the frozen dinners about 3 times a week. That with a piece of fruit is usually good for me. Honestly I haven’t been paying attention to the sodium much, but I probably should.
LOL! You sound exactly like me, when doing MRC lunch was a huge problem because I would either oversleep and not have time to pack a lunch, or else I'd pack it the night before and STILL oversleep and run out the door in a rush and forget it! This week I havent had many of the frozen meals. I've gotten hooked on half a tortilla with some healthy ones lunch meat, a bananna and some string cheese. Total 3-4 points (depending on the lunch meat) and yummy and filling!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:34 AM   #8  
I CAN DO THIS!!!!!

S/C/G: 233/ticker/133

Height: 5'6.5

Every Monday for lunch, I venture out to the grocery store right across the street from work and buy enough smart ones to last the week. They are perfect for my lunch and you don’t have to worry about forgetting you lunch at home because I buy for the week.
ATXchic924 is offline   Reply With Quote