Cauliflower 'Alfredo' sauce YUM!

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Ok so this recipe has been brought up at a few of my WW meetings and I have been hesitant to try it. Tonight I thought, what the heck, how bad could it be? OMG it was SO good! Very close to the 'real' alfredo sauce but without all of the fat and guilt that goes with it!

Start with a head of cauliflower and cook it in 2 cups of chicken broth.
    In another pan, sautee onions and garlic in a bit of olive oil

When its all cooked, throw it all into a blender (broth and all) and add in a 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, blend until pureed.

1 cup = 1 point!

I had mine over some pasta with a cooked chicken breast mixed in. So good and very filling!
  • yey, Thank you. I am sooo going to try this. I have been looking for a healthier alternative to my very guilty pleasure. Chicken alfredo is my absolute favorite dish, I will deff have to try this and I LOVE that it is 1 p+ How cool is that!!!
  • ooooh, this sounds great! I'm buying a cauliflower on Monday for sure!

ETA questions: are you boiling the cauliflower head in the broth? For how long? Do you put in the whole head or just the florets (when I make mashed cauli I just use the florets because the stalks never reallly get soft enough to be all mashed up).

I'm a CCer rather than WW. I popped the ingredients in to myplate and estimate the whole batch from your recipe would have about 390 calories.
  • mmm..sounds good!
  • sounds good. I might try it but with organic veggie broth instead of chicken broth.
  • How much olive oil did you use?
  • As for cooking the caulflower I cut all the florets off the head and only had very little stems on them. I cooked them with a lid on until I they were really soft, I could mash them with a spoon.

As for olive oil, just a few sprays of olive oil is what I was told, I don't have a spray bottle for mine so I used about a table spoon. (but I also cooked my chicken with it along with the onions and garlic and then just picked out the chicken before it all went in the blender)

Hope that helps!
  • Quote: I'm a CCer rather than WW. I popped the ingredients in to myplate and estimate the whole batch from your recipe would have about 390 calories.
    Awesome! And it makes a few cups worth. Honestly even eating a cup at a time is a bit much, I was measuring out my pasta as a cup too so it was a little saucy, I might only eat 1/2 cup next time.
  • Did you cook the cauliflower in the broth? Sorry about all the questions!!
  • Trying to figure how much to make. I have had alfredo sauces that become very watery after the first day. So how does this stand up?
  • Yes you cook the cauliflower in the broth only, do not add water.

I haven't had any today but it was still thick when cooled last night when I put it in the fridge.
  • I just made this and WOW! So glad you posted how to make this, it's something I'm probably going to make every week. I added whole wheat pasta and 8oz shrimp, the entire meal was 9 points =D
  • Your welcome! Glad you liked it! I am having left overs and no it was not watery, just as good the second night
  • Quote: I am having left overs and no it was not watery, just as good the second night
    well in my book that means it is definitely better than alfredo sauce. Thanks for the follow up. I got everything from the store today, cooking it tomorrow.
  • cauliflower is my new staple!! I have been making pizza "crust" out of cauliflower for the past month, and I love it! I also make mashed garlic "potatoes" using cauliflower, and both recipes are delish!!
    I am so excited to try this alfredo sauce! thanks for the recipe!

May I ask what kind of parm cheese you use, in a can? light? freshly grated?