Old 12-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Default Gained

I went to my weigh in this morning and really thought I'd have a loss but instead I gained 1.8lbs. I used all of my weekly points Christmas Day and have been to the gym everyday since so I was counting on some nice results. I literally cried in front of everyone at my meeting today and usually a gain wouldn't have any impact on my mood but I made a goal to lose 100lbs in 1 year which will be January 20th. My leader thinks my gain is due to me being both sick and TOM.

I feel like I've taken a step backward today but I'm going to keep pushing on and if I get to my 100lb goal after January that's fine by me.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:44 AM   #2  
A Buxom Babe

S/C/G: 230/213/155

Height: 5'6"

Kim....I wish I could reach through the screen and give you a big hug and tell you it's all gonna be ok....because it will!!

I go to several meetings a week and the leader at the meeting this morning has lost 88 lbs. Today a woman was upset because she exercised every day, tracked, didn't go over points and gained weight. The leader told a story of how she went to spin class 5 days a week and could not lose any weight. She said people told her why, but it took her NINE months to listen to them. Here is the deal (as she explained it). When you are working out, especially intensely, your muscles grow and retain water. So, you are doing a good thing working out....however you are gaining/retaining water weight. This also happened to her as she was nearing her goal, hence her huge motivation.

I know it's not easy....but sometimes your body really does need a break and it's telling you that. You have come a long way girl....and you're gonna keep on going. Just listen to your body.

Chin up!!
BuxomPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm not doing WW (although I have before) so I hope it's ok if I post here. I wanted to give you some and to say that I think that your weight loss is inspirational! Also, I wanted to say that in the past I used to set up these deadlines for when I should lose X amount of pounds by so and so date. That kind of pressure is self inflicted and doesn't help me, personally. If you're doing everything you can then just keep doing it and eventually, that scale will go down. Also, TOM is notorious for making us retain water. That, along with the water you're retaining from the hard workouts....I'm sure you'll see a drop very soon. Just hang in there! This is a long journey and a an extra month or two won't make a difference, but the rest of your life does make a difference and you've already done something amazing for yourself. So, like Buxomprincess said, keep your chin up...you have so much to be proud of!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm sorry I am expecting a gain tonight too, Christmas wasn't good to me (ok I wasn't good to myself over Christmas) but just jump back on the wagon! You can do it!! Look how far you have come!
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Here is a big HUG from me too!!!! I can understand your frustration for sure but don't feel like you stepped back because you did not, it's not like you went on a binge and stopped working out and was suprised when the scale went up, you are doing everything RIGHT and these things do happen, a woman's body is the most wonderful confusing masterpiece ever, LOL.. so hang in there, next week that gain will be gone and maybe even more! Enjoy the journey as much as you can, you'll have many many more years to worry about maintenance than it ever takes you to worry about weight loss so think about the long term, you are doing fantastic!!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

I'm sorry you are sad, but know from *this* side of that amazing weight loss...I am inspired by you.
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

The tears were because of TOM. You are the one that has the envy of your whole group so I would not be worry about 1.8.

No words or trying to say it's water or what ever. It is what it read and you know, you can do this and what you are doing is fine.

Every week is not a lose week. I know you know this.

Encouragment, ..... this too will pass..

Enjoy the exercise and your good food choices. There is no time limit on our weight loss, so they tell me. Don't stress yourself. That will also make you gain, not lose.

Last edited by tytbody; 12-29-2010 at 03:32 PM.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Thankyou so much, you guys made me feel a lot better. All I can do is keep pushing on and hope for the best every week. I'm really hoping this is water retention due to TOM, I've had it pretty rough this week because I'm sick too. I went to the gym twice with a cough and stuffy nose, it wasn't fun but I knew I had to do it. Maybe I just need to slow down and not try to be superwoman all the time, God knows I'll never be perfect and I try so hard that's its wearing me out!

This week I'm going to try to NOT use my weekly points and see what happens.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Our bodies hold on to water when we are sick to try to move the germs out.
Don't be afraid to eat some of your weeklies this week. Just keep doing what you are doing (and go read my post about my crazy daily weigh-ins to see just how weird our bodies are.)
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:49 PM   #10  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

I know I can't eat my WP and lose but sometimes I'm going to eat them anyhow and enjoy it and know that it's about balance. A person has to live, that's the way I look at it, and this isn't a diet it's a lifestyle right? I exercise a lot, like you, and I do always eat all my AP and keep my WP if I can.

You have come so far and you are an inspiration to all of us. You are going to reach your goal, and whether it's on the 20th or 21st doesn't really matter in the big picture of your life and what you have accomplished.
river is offline   Reply With Quote