Old 12-27-2010, 10:52 PM   #1  
Good things happen.

Height: 5' 4"

Default Looking up points after the fact

Well, I made a huge mistake today. I just found out HOW huge. My goodness.

I caved to a craving and got a Steak n Shake cookies and cream milkshake -- totally off plan, but I figured heck, I can just take it out of my allotment of weekly points (just weighed in today, I have a whole week to recover). Yeah. Well. I just looked up the nutrition info online. ONE milkshake -- 28 points! I only had three points left for the day when I ate that thing, so I've just used up half my week's points in one splurge. It was so not worth it!

The irony is that I also just joined the gym today. Talk about giving myself some mixed messages. Sigh.

Well, live and learn.
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Yep. I was out one day running errands, had planned badly and was starving. I was on my iPhone trying to figure out how many points a nonfat hot chocolate was. It was 5, which seemed like a lot but it kept me going until I got home and could have a reasonable dinner.

Before, I would have had an egg sandwich as a "snack" and then gone home and had a normal dinner. Well, normal for back then.

It's amazing what we find out when we start paying attention.

can you imagine going to buy something, having no idea what it costs, handing over your bank card and then getting home to discover you'd just spent all your rent money on a piece of junk that you can't return?! Yet, that is what so many of us were doing for so long.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #3  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

28 points! That sucks, but at least you know now and can adapt the rest of your week. Sometimes you just have to satisfy a craving and that's what the WP are for.

Yesterday I did the boxing day sales with my sister. No time to eat and was starving at the mall. I ordered a jugo juice smoothie and I suspected it was high so I had them put it in separate cups and shared it with sis. I had no idea how many points it had and once I looked it up I was glad we split it.
It fit into my day ok but I wish I had thought of looking it up on my iphone.

Last edited by river; 12-28-2010 at 09:09 AM.
river is offline   Reply With Quote