Old 12-25-2010, 12:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Default To track or not to track..

Today I planned to track everything but decided since it's going to be too tough to keep tabs on everything. I did however decide to make my choices healthy ones today and to indulge in either a cookie or two or a small slice of pie. I'm going to watch my portions and NOT go for second helpings of anything unless it's vegetables or fruit! I will also be hitting the gym pretty hard tomorrow to work today off!

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!!

Last edited by KimberlyP; 12-25-2010 at 12:44 PM.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:55 PM   #2  
aka

S/C/G: 279.8/276.8/140

Height: 5'5"

I decided not to track either because it would be almost impossible to do so. I am just going to assume that all of my extra weekly points are gone between yesterday and today, but I am still trying to eat moderately. I don't anticipate a loss this week, but I'm hoping to just maintain.
aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:03 PM   #3  

That's exactly what I'm doing too, I'm just going to assume all of my weekly points have been used instead of trying to figure everything out. The good thing is the first house we're going to is serving stuffed cabbage, not too bad but I'm going to stick to having 2 rolls and a large salad. =D The next house is going to be pretty bad because there's desserts everywhere and bowls of chips, a platter of cheese, homemade sausage with horseradish sauce and a whole LOT more.. If I have to I'll bring some fruit from home so I'm not tempted!
Old 12-25-2010, 03:25 PM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

I did track Christmas dinner. It was at home so that made it easier but if I had been traveling I think I would have written it down in a small notebook I carry with me.

Since this is the first day of my week I felt it was important to track so I would, well, stay on track.

Tracking did help me to keep my portion sizes reasonable. I probably will dip into weekly points some today but hope to not use more than about 5 of them.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 03:57 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

I didn't track but i also tried to watch what i ate. I did have some wine. I'm bummed, i was suppose to weigh in yesterday but was up a bit so decided not to bum myself out even more
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:39 PM   #6  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

I volunteered to do the cooking so I could track. We haven't done desserts yet though... I might end up deeping into the weeklies for those.
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #7  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

I've been weighing daily and saved all my weekly points for the 24 and 25th. I tracked as best I could and had to guess at the value of some stuff. I'm assuming I used all my AP and WP, and I'm positive I did not go over.

I'm more tempted by the wine and beer than by the nibbles at my place and family visits.

The good thing is my points reset tomorrow since it's my weigh in. The bad thing is tomorrow is my weigh in.

Merry Christmas!!!
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I tracked before I left the house since I knew what we'd be having. Ate bread and cheese which are my "treats" and wine too. Then came home and had sushi. Lots of WPs used, but that's what they are there for.

I actually weighed less when I came home than I did when I left. But after the sushi and 2 big glasses of water I'm sure that's changed.

I don't feel stuff and definitely ate and drank less than normal, so I'm calling it a success. And my brother bought me a jacket in size 12 that fits!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:47 PM   #9  
Less of a Better Me

I just had dinner (leftovers) and am 2 points into my weekly points. My week starts today so I have all of them available. I will probably eat a small snack before the end of the evening so think I'll end up 4 or 5 weekly points used.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:07 AM   #10  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

I've tracked, but had to guess on some things. I know I'm going to end up eating all my weekly points and maybe a few extra. Will be way busy at work next week, logging about 5/6 ap's a day.

Not to worried about it. I've stayed away from the sweet stuff. My big thing will be all the salt.

Drinking water like crazy.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #11  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

i haven't actually tracked in 2 weeks but haven't been on ww long...anticipated the holidays causing this but wanted to start with the new plan. am still down 7 lbs as of this morning and today starts a new week. i will be tracking from today on.
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:09 AM   #12  

I really wish I would have tracked yesterday... I originally had this HUGE plan to watch what I ate, eat a really big salad before I left my house but none of that ever happened. I did great at the first place we went, THEN the second as I said in my post above was going to be a bit of a challenge. I went WAY overboard, felt uncomfortable all night and when I stepped on the scale this morning it was UP 5lbs (Probably water weight)!! Double EEK!! Thankfully I'm back on track today and am glad Christmas is finally over.

Lesson learned, time to get back to work!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:09 PM   #13  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

When I track, I lose; when I don't, I don't, so I've been tracking. I'm finding that some days that I thought would be way over because of too many Christmas treats at school turned out to be OK, but on other, "good" days, when I weighed and measured and thought inwas being virtuous, I found I was being overly generous with measurements.
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:41 AM   #14  
Less of a Better Me

What is annoying is when you eat a little more but you can't possibly have really gained as much as the scale shows. Thursday I weighed in, down 1.4 pounds since I had weighed in 5 days earlier (normal meeting is on Sat).

I went out to eat and ended up using 13 weekly points (the first ones I had used that week). Friday was the last day of my week and I used 2 weekly points. I was very careful in counting everything. Saturday morning I was up 1.5 pounds. I know that those 15 weekly points could not cause me to actually gain 1.5 pounds!

Then Christmas I started a new seek and used 5 whole weekly points. This morning? Up 1.8 pounds. So annoying since I know I haven't done anything that should cause me to gain at all...maybe slow down weight loss or stay the same, but not gain almost 2 pounds!

Then Wednesday night I'm supposed to go to a party at a restaurant...I weigh in Thursday morning and am really tempted to just not go... (to the party).