Old 12-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Default Points Plus for Weight Watchers?

My husband and I are planning on going to red lobster. Does anyone know of any resource where I can find the points plus points?

The new dining out guide doesn't have red lobster listed, and the nutritional information on thier site doesn't show me fiber or carbs.

This is frusterating because it's a favorite of mine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it's just a way to ball park the items.

Thanks so much!
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 166/143.2/130

Height: 5'4

Have you checked livestrong.com? They usually have the nutritional information for everything.
glh2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #3  

Dotties weight loss zone (www.dwlz.com) is another good resource. She has lots and lots of restaurants listed on her site. She might have old points listed but I think she includes all the relevant nutritional info so you can enter things into a calculator and convert to points plus. I also second the livestrong.com recommendation. I was able to find nutritional info for the Penn Station meal I had there yesterday. Those fries were worth every point!!!
Nicmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:11 PM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

if you look at red lobster they do show total calories, fat, and carbs. They don't show protein or fiber.

http://www.redlobster.com/health/nut...tion_Facts.pdf

It is easy, however, to determine the amount of protein in the meal. Multiply fat grams by 9, carb grams by 4 and sum them. Subtract from total calories. Divide the result by 4 which should be the grams of protein.

For fiber, either estimate or put in zero. Most non-grain items are going to have no or negligible amounts of fiber.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the replies. That livestrong site is great. THat is what the 'notes' pages in the dining out companion are made for... I was fairly close with the estimates of the items. Red Lobster really isn't a bad choice pointwise as long as I control myself with the biscuits.
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote