Old 01-06-2011, 01:03 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

Well they say that the weekly points are figured into the weight loss scheme of things and some members swear by eating every one, every week. I have to tell you though, the one and only time I have used about half of mine in 17 weeks - I gained a pound. That is also the only time in 17 weeks that I did not show a loss at my weigh in. Coincidence? Maybe..or maybe just the way my body reacts to the extra calories? I dunno...food for thought..
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #17  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

hello everyone.
Jenny, that is weird that you only gained when you ate your weekly points. You are doing awesome.
When I was on ww before I ate my weekly points every week and mostly saw a loss of 2 pounds a week. I have eaten my weekly points this week and I weigh in tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.
I hope everyone is having a great day.
I went for a walk again today. It seemed really cold outside. That made me walk faster.
Hello to everyone. Where is everyone.
Take Care
Ann

Last edited by Newlifestyle; 01-06-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 190.6/190.6/140

Hello everyone! I have just started back on the weight watchers plan and so far am very motivated....was a bit snacky today after lunch and have found my favorite 1 point snack so far....popcorn! its the whole hand to mouth thing! love that it itakes me awhile to eat it....is that crazy?! Anyhoo, i am so tempted to step on the scale but unfortunately i am in the midst of the monthly bloating so I am sure I would be greatly disappointed if I did weigh....look forward to talking with all of you!
biskthdsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #19  

You all are doing great.
I'm having a sad day.... not sure if it's post holiday blues or what.
But, I am proud to say that I did not let it interfere with my WW program.
Tomorrow will be a better day.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:07 PM   #20  
Less of a Better Me

I think it just depends on weekly points. From Aug to mid-Nov I was using most of my WP, doing a lot of exercise and not using activity points -- and I was averaging losing about half a point a week. If I used all the WP and the activity points I would gain...all very frustrating.

Finally I just decided to stop using WP except rarely. Since then most weeks I've used 1 or 2 WP at most (none this week) and had one or two weeks that I used 10 or so. Anyway my weight loss really increased to about 1.5 pounds a week. I know some can use all their WP and lose, but I'm not one of them.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #21  
newlifestyle

Linda, I am sorry you were having a sad day. I hope this will pass soon. Take good care of yourself and congrats for staying op during these feelings.

Hello to everyone and I hope you have a great day.
I have had a super busy day and want to go eat. I will not because I just had a snack.

I hope you all find successes today.
Take Care
Ann
Old 01-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #22  

Thanks Ann. My dad's birthday is this week and I always miss him so this week. Plus, a week later is the anniversary of my mom's unexpected death. I was almost at goal when I lost them, 4 months apart. I have to say that was about 30 "pounds" ago... I totally lost control and food became my comfort. I'm doing better that way now. I still feel sad and still miss them, nothing will bring them back. I realize that I need to be healthy and take care of myself. I hope to finally get back what I "lost" in terms of weight losses and be healthy and on track.
Some days are just so very hard. Dad's birthday is 1/14.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Hey everyone

Im no stranger to dieting and ww i used to be 16stone, but with alot of hard work i got down to 10stone 7.5lbs back in 2006-2009 with ww. After starting uni in 2009 and bagging myself a man iv slowly put on 2 stone 9.5lbs. I started back at ww in mid november and lost 5.5lbs, but with a 3 week break over xmas i put 3lbs back on

I am going to be 30 at the end of july this year. I really want to get at least 2stone off by then. Hopefully i can get some support and motivations off you all.

My wi day is thursday il let you know how i get on

good luck everyone

Ems xxxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #24  
newlifestyle

Good morning everyone.
Linda, it is so difficult when you lose someone and any holiday comes as you have memories of them at that time. I wish I lived closer and then I could give you a hug, or go for a walk or go for coffee or something like that. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Ems, welcome and good luck. You did extremely well on WW the first time and you will do it again. Do you plan out your exercise and food each day.
I find when I plan it is easier, when I am not planning I go off track. I wonder if people are successful when they don't plan meals. Let me know what works for every one or any little tricks that help to keep you on track.
Have a great day everyone.

Take Care
Ann
Old 01-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #25  

Thanks for the reply ann i dont really plan what im eating but i will do a shop and get all the food in and take it from there and i track everything online everyday. I do exercise when i feel like it i try to do exercise 2/3 times a week. When i lost the weight befor ei used to go to the gym 3 times a week but with being in uni have not got enough time at the moment. Good luck with the loss xxx
Old 01-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #26  

Height: 5'4"

I'm thinking of you Linda, as you know, i lost my father the day after Christmas just 2 weeks ago It's hard to stay on track when everything is such a blur. I will say for 2 weeks after i didn't count or track. I weighed in on Sat and was down 1.5 lbs. Hoping i can get back on track today.
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #27  

Quick update, on the run with a very busy day....
Doing a bit better, have been tracking and took note that my OWN scale showed a pound lower today - but tomorrow's WW weigh in will be the measuring stick for me.
Keep up the great work, we can do this!
Old 01-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #28  
Sexy Writer Chick

S/C/G: 235/235/125

Height: 5'3"

This is my second go-round with Weight Watcher. I lost 25 lbs, nearly 9 years ago – I didn’t realize that it has been so long.

Anyway, 25 lbs was not nearly enough. Since then it has all come back plus another 30.

I actually started WW in September, but have not really been following it closely. December was out as I was traveling and at the whim of all those I was visiting.

Now that the new year is hear, I am motivate if not a bit desperate to get back on track. I have a writer’s conference to go to the first week of April and it will be a week of misery if I can’t get some of this weight off.

Last year my ankles and knees hurt so much plus the pictures were very depressing. I want to have fun with my friends and not worry about how uncomfortable I am. I know I am not going to lose a ton of weight, but I want to be below 200 lbs, which would be the lowest I have been in over 10 years.

My short term goal is to lose 2.5 lbs a week for the next 12 weeks. Anything else is a bonus. (Please don’t rag on me about losing more than 2 lbs a week.) I need all the support I can get.
ladyfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #29  

good luck ladyfyre you can do it were all here to support one another

I managed to go to aerobics tonight everyone xxx
Old 01-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #30  

Welcome to all you newcomers!
Ems, it's really excellent to plan ahead - at least one day at a time. Why not try?
Heather, have you found the bereavement web site yet? I hope so. Let me know if you need help.
Ann, I do wish you and I lived close together - I'd love that. A walk, coffee or whatever would be great. Some days are harder than others. Today, I was so busy. Busy is helpful, didn't have time to be sad and overeat!

Well, I weigh in tomorrow and we shall see if I have been as good as I think I have been? I've tracked each day and still have 7 of my 49 points left. We shall see. I have been dancing every day for the last 3 days. I dance every morning and it's kind of fun as opposed to "exercise" that bores me to death.