My Turn to Whine...

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • If you've very recently started exercising more, your muscles are holding on to water. That could account for it.

My own body is on a 2-3 week delay. If I overeat, nothing happens for a couple of weeks, then a jump. Same with weight loss that is not water (like those first couple of pounds after not dieting for a long time). It takes about 2 weeks for real fat loss to be reflected on the scale.
  • My exercise has been pretty constant, this week a little less (I was doing 2 walks a day.) I'm not giving up my daily walk, that leads to leg pain and unhappy sleeping.

I'm just going to keep on trucking. I'll maybe have a higher point day during the week to see if that helps.

I think I just go overeager to see big losses like others were reporting.

Putting my eyes back on my own paper now...
  • As your signature says "Its about commitment, not motivation". This is the time for your commitment to shine through. We all are motivated when the numbers are dropping but we have to stay committed even when it's not.
  • Do you shake up your routine at all? I find my body gets used to the same things all the time - same foods, same exercise, same everything. You could be following the plan "perfectly" but your system has fallen into a rut. I aim to spike my calories at least one day during the week, and vary the exercise I do, switching from walking, biking, weightlifting, etc.
  • Hang in there. Sometimes it does take the body a bit to catch up to the mind.
  • seagirl. (((Hugs))) didn't you write something to me about sticking with it?
    I'm not going to say that to you but I think you know how I felt on Monday night. I was wanting to cry. In my misery I ate a homemade steak and pepper sub. Not bad to me and it made me feel better so that when Tuesday came, I was okay.. lol And the great thing is, Tuesday came and I didn't have to live in Monday any more.

You won't have to live in that weigh in day again. So, keep on picking up those measuring spoons. I just did.

Toss some more salad down the hatch and know,hey, today is still better eating wise then it was a few weeks ago.

I made a vegetable lasagna from WW. All I can say is this thing better taste good for the little bit we get to eat... lol
  • So, I weighed myself tonight when i got home and compared it to last week's evening weigh in at the center - I'm actually down 1.8 from when I started.

Then I had pizza and beer for dinner - totally within my points. And I switched my tracking to use activity points first and then my Weekly points.

Now I'm going to chop up my veggies for tomorrow night's tofu veggie stirfry.

Later I'll lift my weights and do my sit ups.
  • I only lost .4 my first week and it seemed like everyone else at the meeting lost 1.6, and 2.8 and 3.2 and then another woman spoke up and said, "what are you doing, because I only lost .6?" Turns out no one used activity points or weekly points. So this week I stuck to my 29 pointsplus per day and I lost 1 lb., was expecting more, but I'll take it. Going to zumba this next week and see if that makes a big difference. Leader also said, if you don't need all your target points, then don't eat them. Not like the old system where they were telling you to eat your minimum.