Old 12-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Default Biggest Loser Finale

Anyone watching? I really want Ada to win but I think Patrick may win this one =D
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:07 PM   #2  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

I am watching too, I find it really inspirational. Although, Kimberly, I actually find your weight loss to be more inspirational than the show because you have done it all your own!
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 318.9/ticker/165

Height: 6'

I'm watching, but I don't really have an opinion about who should win. I don't watch the show...I only watch the finale. I love seeing the before and afters.
Skinnycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:30 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnycow126 View Post
I am watching too, I find it really inspirational. Although, Kimberly, I actually find your weight loss to be more inspirational than the show because you have done it all your own!
Thankyou so much I still have a ways to go but I'm getting there, it seems things have slowed down since I'm closer to goal but I'm ok with that A couple months before starting Weight Watchers I was actually set up for Lapband Surgery THEN my husbands employer switched insurance companies and I was denied. I cried for days because I thought that was the only way I was ever going to lose weight but it was actually a blessing! Out of all the plans I've tried Weight Watchers truly works and I know without a doubt that it saved my life
Old 12-15-2010, 07:32 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnycow View Post
I'm watching, but I don't really have an opinion about who should win. I don't watch the show...I only watch the finale. I love seeing the before and afters.
I only caught a few episodes since it started because I'm usually at the gym when it's on but I always love watching the finale! Everyone looked great and I'm happy Patrick won, he really needed it for his family There is a new show like Biggest Loser airing in January on A&E and I believe it's called 'Heavy' looks like it's going to be a good show.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #6  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

I am so glad you were able to lose it on your own without surgery... so much healthier/less risky if you ask me. If you don't mind my asking, how long did it take for you to lose so much weight? Also, you seem very dedicated to working out. Did you go "all in" when you started WW and hit the gym right away or did you did it come later after losing some weight. Sorry to be nosy, I am just trying to gain some insight from someone like yourself who has done so well!
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:20 PM   #7  

fyi, i think Heavy is more of a realistic documentary with stories of real people losing the real way and their struggles, not like Biggest Loser. i first heard about it in one of these forums i read.
thinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:23 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnycow126 View Post
I am so glad you were able to lose it on your own without surgery... so much healthier/less risky if you ask me. If you don't mind my asking, how long did it take for you to lose so much weight? Also, you seem very dedicated to working out. Did you go "all in" when you started WW and hit the gym right away or did you did it come later after losing some weight. Sorry to be nosy, I am just trying to gain some insight from someone like yourself who has done so well!
You're not being nosey at all, I am and always have been a very open person about my life and every aspect of it!

When I first began Weight Watchers I wanted to focus on changing my eating habits and try to control my binge eating so I didn't join the gym until I was 3 months in. I had a Wii and used that a couple days a week but that got old really quick! The first 3 months I lost 30lbs and it was then that I felt comfortable enough to join the gym I belong to now. That's when I discovered Zumba and while I was really scared because knew I wouldn't be able to keep up, I walked in to that class with confidence. As a kid I had always LOVED latin music and dancing so I knew the steps, it was following along that I had an issue with in the beginning. I really fell in love with that particular class and I was immediately hooked on exercise. I just started a 90 minute spin class as well on Monday evenings and love that also! The most important aspect of exercise is finding something you enjoy doing, that way you will stick to it and keep going back for more

I have been on plan for 11 months, January 20th will be exactly one year! I really thought it would take me a few years to get to goal and when I first started, I looked at what I needed to lose (120lbs) and felt very overwhelmed. I said to myself, "How in the **** are you going to lose over a hundred pounds?!" Slowly but surely I've done it and my weigh ins haven't always been perfect, throughout this process I've had 3 gains, almost gave up a couple times out of frustration and have had a couple binge episodes. I've come so far that I realize if I give up now that all of the hard work I put in will be waste and I will go back to being morbidly obese and miserable.

I can't wait until I get to a hundred pound loss, that is one day I will truly celebrate!