Old 12-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default asking for help determining daily points allowed

Hi all,
I'm a cross poster from the South Beach Diet forum...the new WW is very close to SB and I'm going to give it a try. My friend who is a lifetime member bought a kit for me (I've done WW in the past, so am familiar with the points concept, but just don't want to lay out the money each week if I can help it). I have all the materials, books and getting started info, but unfortunately my points calculator isn't working. My friend will exchange it for me next week, but I'm hoping someone can help me calculate my daily points allowance so I can get started:

My stats-
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 165

Thanks in advance!!! Daily points plus weekly extra allowance would be great.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:59 AM   #2  
Yoyo Master

S/C/G: 182/175/130

Height: 5'5"

Alright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #3  

Thanks - and an additional 49 points for the week to play with, for everyone? Does this go down the less you weigh?
Old 12-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

welcome!!! yes 49 weekly pts and that stays the same for everyone no matter what you weigh so enjoy them!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:24 AM   #5  

Wow, I think this plan can really work for me! On the old points system, I just ate a lot of crap because I *could* on the points which is why I went over to South Beach. Thanks for all the help, one more question - the daily activity points that I earn are in addition to those 49? So if I earn 10 activity points in a week, I actually have 59 extra points to spend for the week?
Old 12-14-2010, 11:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Your materials should explain about the weekly and activity points and how to use them.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #7  
Less of a Better Me

Yes, you can use activity points plus the weekly points. You can choose which to use first.

I do caution myself to be very conservative on assigning activity points. I only assign them for actual exercise (not just day to day activity) and usually record almost everything as low intensity even if I think it is higher.

Bear in mind that if you use all your weekly points and activity points you will likely still lose but it will likely be slower than if you use fewer of them. That may be fine with you but just something to keep in mind.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote