3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   What I love about free fruit... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/219301-what-i-love-about-free-fruit.html)

Amy8888 12-09-2010 12:22 PM

What I love about free fruit...

Now that fruit is free, I don't feel compelled to eat it when before I would have. For example, this morning I had eggs and toast and I grabbed a container of pineapple I cut last night. I always write down and track my food just before I eat it. I had the eggs and toast first, and felt full. I waited a little bit and still felt full, so I decided not to eat the pineapple. It should be a good snack tonight though!

On the old plan, if I had written in a Point for the pineapple I would have eaten it for sure (even though I know I could have added the Point back into my tracker if I chose not to eat it, because that's how my crazy mind works). And I am less protective of my fruit now, I am much more willing to share than if I carefully weighed it all out and so on.

So now that fruit is free, I am much more likely to make good decisions about when to stop eating it than I was before. If I could only learn to apply this to I don't know...chocolate? wine? I would be set for life.

misstraveller 12-10-2010 01:54 PM

I love it because I don't feel GUILTY about eating fruit anymore. Veggies weren't really a problem, but fruit was so darned high in points I felt guilty eating it... LOVE THIS :)

skinnycow126 12-11-2010 11:41 AM

I love that I am eating healthier, more food, and still losing weight!

tytbody 12-12-2010 06:15 PM

skinny and all, how do I get a signature line? Where do I make that in my profile?

skinnycow126 12-12-2010 07:47 PM

If you go to "user cp" you make your signature there. i am usually not so into the lengthy signatures (my pet peeve on emails) but i find that here updating mine is somewhat of an incentive to lose weight. not to mention, reading other people's progress and stats is informative and is encouraging and keeps me motivated.

mmel3283 12-13-2010 11:18 AM

Our meeting leader said she was shocked at how many people didn't eat fruit because it was so high in points...but there was no problem eating carbs, etc.

Which is kind of true...she was laughing about the number of people who hadn't eaten a Bananna in forever because it used to be 2 points.

It does sound silly now that you think about it.

1pt for an apple...we felt guilty about that?

tytbody 12-13-2010 01:33 PM

I see. I have to be a member for 20 days.
Don't worry, I don't make long signature lines .

Jojo381972 12-14-2010 12:08 AM

I loooove the free fruit!

I buy frozen fruit, and I add raspberries to my oatmeal or whole wheat Kashi to add the sweetness to it. I also like to buy frozen mixed fruit and make smooothies with non fat yogurt and milk.

I bought a lot of fruit and put it in a big *** fruit bowl on the table so I can eat it when I want to snack. I also have been eating a banana a day which is so filling.

I bought some Asian pears the other day, and I love love them!!

Marie 12-14-2010 11:57 AM

Add me into the haven't had a banana in forever until PointsPlus. Yesterday I bought the biggest bundle I could find on the shelf. My grocery cart was full of fruits and veges. Although I do wonder if it's really a great idea to eat fruits forever. The unlimited part makes me wonder.

skinnycow126 12-14-2010 12:45 PM

Everyone at my meetings has been concerned about "unlimited fruits". My leader has said if it really worries you, just have the recommended 5 per day for free and track after that.

stellarosa27 12-14-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misstraveller (Post 3603077)
I love it because I don't feel GUILTY about eating fruit anymore. Veggies weren't really a problem, but fruit was so darned high in points I felt guilty eating it... LOVE THIS :)

YEEEESS!!

This is exactly how I feel. I ate so many vegetables and not so much fruit, but now I can have an orange and not have to sacrifice something else, like chocolate milk post-work out :)

tytbody 12-14-2010 02:03 PM

Who knew fruit would make so many people happier in this world. Lol