Old 12-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #1  
So Ready

Default Do you dip into weeklies the day before a weigh-in?

On nights before weighing in I struggle with whether to dip into the weekly allotment if I'm really hungry, because I fear it will show up on the scale the next day. Do you use any of your extra 49 the night before you hit the meeting scale? If so, do you think it has an appreciable effect on your results?

It must be partly psychological, though, because I always tell myself I want to eat clean and light the day before, and it sometimes causes me to melt down!
traceriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:22 PM   #2  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

i know in my head it doesnt matter WHEN i use them, but i weigh in on wednesday morning, so i usually save mine up for something wednesday evening, and start with a new set of points thursday. i did this before when it was 35 points, and so far nothing has changed.

the only thing that ever seems to effect a weigh in is saur kraut, when i make it, i cannot stay out of it, so i try not to make it or eat is close to a weigh in because of the salt. seriously, i can put away a ridiculous amount of that stuff. AND i cannot use weekly points for alcohol, ANY time i ever have alcohol it always causes a slight gain. so i avoid it like the plague......for that and other reasons as well.
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

I don't BUT I drink ridculous amounts of water for 2 days before my weigh in's sometimes lol Hey I figure it can't hurt and its good for me after all
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:01 PM   #4  
So Ready

Yes, Piper, salt is a success killer for me, too! I don't do too much of it, but even a little more than usual on the wrong day throws me off-kilter.

Jenny, I was just chugging down some water when I read your response. :-)
Old 12-06-2010, 11:28 PM   #5  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipernoswiper View Post
i know in my head it doesnt matter WHEN i use them, but i weigh in on wednesday morning, so i usually save mine up for something wednesday evening, and start with a new set of points thursday. i did this before when it was 35 points, and so far nothing has changed.
For a weigh in, it does matter when you use them. For long term weight loss it doesn't matter if you went out the night before weigh in and ate 20 of your weekly point or if you did it the evening after weighing in a week earlier.

But for weigh in purposes it may indeed matter You eat a lot of food that is still in your body and perhaps causing you to retain water and it can adversely affect a weigh in.

If I'm really hungry I would eat some weekly points the evening before weigh in but I avoid going out to dinner on that evening. When I do I am fairly well resigned to not showing much of a loss the next day.

Last edited by Koshka; 12-06-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

yeah it effects my scale if I eat them a day or two before so I wi on tuesdays, so I try to eat them by saturday night and if I don't I call it a loss, lol.. if I have them on sunday the sodium or whatever (depending on what I chose) will show a gain for me, take about two days of only eating my dailies and lots of water to flush it out. This week though we had my sons bday party on sunday and I used some for cake, we'll see if that hurt me.. I've been chugging water since then!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

It's been a running joke that for me and my friend the night before weigh in we "stay in and lose weight", follow everything strict!! I'm good all week but i won't do anything that may potentially cause me to retain overnight! Just what i do.

Actually now that i think of it, i don't use my weeklies at all during the week. They've always prevented loss for me
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

I feel kinda lucky cause my weekly meeting/ weigh in is on Thursday night. So, I save all my weekly points for the weekend if possible. If I have an event to attend I may not get to (birthday parter, holiday, etc.). I know they say its not a good idea to "reward" yourself with food...but I always make a deal with myself....As long as I lose SOMETHING no matter how little it may be, I can use my weekly points for ONE splurge meal over the weekend. So far its worked pretty well for me. I don't feel like I can't ever have what I want.
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #9  
So Ready

Well, I went ahead and sabotaged last night. I mean, I had the weekly points to use, but I knew I shouldn't be eating late at night. I've just been working very late and throwing my schedule out of whack, so my stomach was growling around 11 p.m. and I freaked out! I ate something super salty, too - beef jerky. But I thought the protein might stop the hunger and be lean enough to not do too much damage. I pounded water with it. And I lost 2.8 lbs. this morning! Now I wonder what is possible if I stay "good" next week.

Even after my late night snacking I had 25 weekly points left over and I didn't feel deprived. Maybe 49 just seems like an outrageous number to me.