Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 01:10 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default In It For The Long Run #7

WELCOME TO "IN IT FOR THE LONG RUN".

We're a friendly group who have all started with more than 100 lbs to lose and are doing our best to attain healthy bodies through weight loss and exercise.

Most of us are using Weight Watchers to help us along this road but we welcome anyone who is trying to successfully change to a healthy lifestyle.

Got a lot to lose? Pull up your keyboard and join us for fun, support,advice and just plain talk. We love to "see" new faces so jump right in.

j-ann

Last edited by j-ann; 11-12-2002 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-12-2002, 01:11 PM   #2  

Just wanted to start a new thread. The old one was getting pretty long.

Hope you're all doing great today! I'ts 1:15 and I'm still OP.
Old 11-12-2002, 08:24 PM   #3  

Hiya, J-ann! Thanks - yet again - for starting a new thread for us. I never seem to notice when they get long. ~shame on me!~

Today my meeting tickets arrived. I've got plans (solid, definite, scary plans) to attend my first post-slump WW meeting and weigh-in on Friday morning. I'm gonna call though and see if they're still holding meetings at the time they used to. I do have a pretty good picture of where my wt is simply because I still weighed myself weekly even when my motivation was crap. My feeling has always been: You should know what your choices are doing to you - even if you choose to make bad choices. Blech, argh, whew. At least I have an idea of what's coming.

And - thanks to you all here, and to a supportive, if baffled family - I'm prepared to meet the challenge.

Tonight's dinner was a fabulous one at our favorite cafe: Greek salad wrap with fruit for 12 pts. This is that wonderful cafe in our town where the owner is a WW devotee - and so has the points figured for every item on the menu!

Happy night to you all!
Old 11-13-2002, 07:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Just a quick post this morning. The dog is howling in the garage to let me know he's there - just in case I forgot. He's ready to get up apparently. Plus I need to finish my morning exercises (sit-ups and one-legged leg lifts!). Then off to work. Boo!

Anyway, I've had two good OP days and it feels great. DH has even been cooperative with what he's been cooking. I think the more I show him I'm sticking to it, maybe the more he'll be willing to help. But the scale is starting to creep in a different direction for a change.

I'll have to keep on doing well this week. I have a landmine facing me this weekend. We'll be deer hunting down at mom and dad's farm. Mom is another one who when is told, please don't make a bunch of food, will have 2 pies and a cake. I'm just going to have to be strong and use portion control as my weapon.

J-Ann: Good for you for facing the music and getting that first meeting under your belt. Just don't dwell on what could have been or what was - just what are you going to do each day to lose the pounds again. You can do this! It will be hard for me to try to do this without the meetings. I figure that I have to get my act together and concentrate on that - when I go to meetings, the focus becomes THE SCALE. Plus I don't find the leaders motivating at all. Either way, it takes lots of focus and commitment. WE CAN DO THIS!

Bunny - That cafe sounds delightful! What fun. How's the feet?

Shoot, I have to go now. Hound dawg is driving me nuts.

Have a great OP day.

Old 11-13-2002, 05:42 PM   #5  

Hi

Well, here it is, Day 2 of my restart. You know what? It feels "right" this time. Slipping back into an OP mode has really been easy so far. I won't say I don't know why I waited so long to face up to myself and get back to meetings cause I know, as we all do, that sometimes you just have to wait til your ready for a new start.

JEN: Your dinner sounds like it was lucious. It's baked pork chops, applesauce, broccoli, and salad for us tonight. ALL RIGHT, glad your Mom got those tickets off to you so quickly. Once you get thru that initial "OMG, I'm really doing this, again" when you walk into the meeting you'll feellike a new, committed (not to the nuthouse ) woman. At least I did.

TERRI:
Hey lady. You are doing great! OP and Exercising WOW! I can probably come up with a couple of yummy venison recipes,along with a great marinade, if you folks get a deer. I hate the thought of killing the dear
things but if your parents' place is anything like ours the deer come right up on the deck to nibble shrubs in the winter. There are just way too many for the area they occupy. Be sure to go to Mom's with a "Thanks, but I think I'll pass on the pie" attitude. How's Bear recovering?

HELLO to everyone else. Come on out and chat. We miss
ya.

Have a super evening and a Teriffic Thursday.
Old 11-14-2002, 07:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Morning!

Wahoo! I've got three good days under my belt. I've been hungry at times but I've been able to win mind over belly so far. This is really hard to keep my points within range without any exercise points to offset. I'm not counting my morning exercise. BUT, the good thing about having to do this without being able to walk or do any form of aerobics is that I am focusing on controlling the food.

I am realizing that when I exercise, my mind does little tricks like say "its okay to eat that because you've earned exercise points, yada yada yada". I also realize that I allow myself to fall into these stupid mind games...which....all goes back to my relevation to myself that I must not really want to lose the weight after all. So now's the time for me to figure that out - do I really want to accomplish this or do I want to maintain at this point or what exactly do I want????

Wow, sorry! Got a little philosophical there for this early in the morning.

Bear is doing fine. Too rambunctious for his own good but he's healing well. Sadie has decided that she's a mouser (no she's not a cat). She stands at the patio door and watches for little mice. We don't complain because then she's leaving us and Bear alone! Talk about cheap entertainment.

I'll be seeing our horse this weekend too. I may try to ride. Depends on the weather and if DH will let me. Not too sure its good for the hip (which is not better). But she needs to be ridden (or rode?). Maybe I can get my brother to do it as he'll be there hunting as well.

Argh! Time to get ready for work. Have a great OP day!!
Old 11-14-2002, 12:05 PM   #7  

Well, I've checked out meeting times - and it looks like tomorrow, 12.15 pm, is D-day. *ulp*

So until then, I'm on program. Today, walking quite a bit - as I'll be stuck downtown waiting for the car to be repaired. I plan to walk and window shop, probably for hours. There's a bit of stopping involved, but I should be on my feet and mostly moving for a couple hours. That's gotta be good.

My feet - speaking of which - do great if I remember to keep shoes on all day. As soon as I forget and take the darn things off though I'm guaranteed heel pain. Bleh.

Terri and J-ann - its good to see you both moving along. Terri, some heavy (no pun intended) thinking you've got going on.

My godmom told me I was lucky to have an online support group. I agree.

Last edited by slutbunny; 11-15-2002 at 06:58 AM.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:24 AM   #8  

Hey everyone! I weighed in today, and I have made it to my goal of losing 10% of my starting weight! At total of 27.4 pounds gone! I'm so happy!

I also had a personal training session today. It was incredibly hard, but if I do the workout I will get really strong!

I guess that's it!
Old 11-15-2002, 04:33 PM   #9  
Find a Way

Hi all, I've been reading some of your other posts and it sounds as though ya'll are at the same point I am. I just rejoined Tuesday and am doing fine so far. I'm combining Ayurvedic nutritional guidelines (westernized at least) with Weight Watchers. Things are going great so far.

It's been a while since I've been to these boards but I remember what a great source of support they can be. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys.
Old 11-15-2002, 08:46 PM   #10  

Default im new...again

Hi everyone....I am in the middle of my first week back at ww....I feel very optimistic this time. . . and at the same time I have never been so depressed about my weight. I just realized in the 12 years that have passed since I moved farther upstate in NY I have gained 134 lbs. I almost cried! Why did I let it happen??? :? Too late to continue to cry though. I am taking the bull by the horns now....gonna take this weight off if it takes another 12 years!!! I hope to get to know some of you fellow sojourners on this long road.

pabs
Old 11-15-2002, 09:26 PM   #11  

Quote:
gonna take this weight off if it takes another 12 years!!!
I love that sentiment! This is the one that I use to keep me going - it didn't take a year to put the weight on, why would I expect it would take a year to get it off??!

(Just popping in - its been a long day (and yes, J-Ann, I made it to WW!) - so its time for me to head to bed.)
Old 11-17-2002, 08:34 AM   #12  

Yesterday was my older girls 15th birthday - hooray for her! She picked her dessert to fit in with my WW plans - so we had a pudding, banana, angel food cake, Cool Whip thing. It was good - and low point.

Today we're headed off to Mass, then its our regular mid-morning Taco Bell brunch, complete with reading the Sunday paper from front to back.

Not much in the way of exercise - I'm still shopping machines, and its too dark and icy by the time we've finished our work each day to really head out for a walk. I'm hoping this will change when we're able to work a bit less during the day.

Possible snow flurries today - if that happens, I guarantee I'll take a moment to go out and run around like a fool catching snow flakes on my tongue!
Old 11-17-2002, 09:24 AM   #13  

Mornin' Ladies,

There's a ladybug walking on my keyboard. Is this a sign of good luck?

Well we lucked out and didn't ice-up here. Considering last nights forecast we are very lucky we got just rain. Of course tonight we could get quite a bit of lake effect snow. We didn't have much of a winter last year so I guess the reprieve is over.

I'm spending most of the day indoors. I've got a lot of little things to do so I'll keep busy. If I can I'll scoot to the Y and put in some time in the pool.

This is scarey but nice. I've stayed OP ALL WEEK. WI is tomorrow afternoon. It's been so long since I've been able to stay OP. It's a really good feeling.

JEN: Doesn't it feel great to be in control? I'm sooo glad you mom got those coupons to you. It helped push me into getting back on track. Thank her for me. The birthdy celebration sounds like it was fun. I hope you gave your daugher an extra hug for her decision to have an OP cake.

PABS: WELCOME You CAN do this! We'll help you if we can. I've come to know that this has to be a lifestyle change not a "diet". So we all we be learning how to live a life where food is to provide energy and good health and is not a crutch to use if we're bored, stressed, upset, etc. Right now most of us in this group are getting back OP. For a while we were doing great guns, then we all slipped, some had just a little skid, and some, like myself, fell right off the cliff! But we're good at getting back up, re-recognising our foods or actions that send us off program and GETTING ON WITH IT. If you don't mind asking, where in Central NY are you? I'm just outside of Syracuse.

CHILLIN' GREETINGS TO YOU TOO Okay, I'll bite ... What's Ayurvetic mean? That's a new one on me. Congrat's on getting back OP.

KIRA: 10% 10% YEAH! Bet you can really begin to feel that weight loss now! I'm doin' the 10% happy dance just for you. That's a BIG goal. I'm proud of you and thrilled for you.!!!

THIN: How's that hip? I love the way you express your thoughts. Everytime you note your feelings I can see myself and it hepls me A LOT. THANK YOU! Hope your still OP. Must be coming up on a week for you to huh? Were you able to ride this weekend?

Well I've got to go do some stuff. If I missed anybody, forgive me.

Have a Super Sunday, :flow:
Old 11-18-2002, 07:41 PM   #14  

Very Short HAPPY Post

Just got back from WI and I lost EIGHT POUNDS!!! I love restart weeks!

I'm so glad I decided to get my a$$ back to WW. Thanks Jen for the extra push to get me there.

How're ya all doin'? Everyone's being awfully quiet. Come on out and play.
Old 11-18-2002, 08:21 PM   #15  

Wowsers, J-ann!

Today was all day - eight hours - on my feet and walking downtown Asheville with my newly 15 year old who wanted a shopping day for her birthday.

I'm not sure how I'm doing - I feel all faltery, but all enthused, too.

Tired now - must sleep...
Closed Thread