Old 11-30-2010, 05:48 AM   #1  

Default Confused

Ok. so I know there is talk about the new program Pointsplus, where its super exciting that I get 7 "extra" points, but when it comes down to it all the foods that I ate before now cost more, so in reality I am still eating 22 points. What gives?
I have decided to stick with the plan that I have been doing for almost two years, that worked and IS working. Is anyone else just sticking with what works?
I do WW online and EVERYTHING is changed, its a little frustrating.
angelshine90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:27 AM   #2  

I joined right before the change and I'm happy with it so far. I feel like I'm getting lots more points now. From 18-29. But then I eat lots of fruits and veggies. I'm a bit worried about fruits being free because they still have calories. I figure I'll use the serving tracker to make sure I don't go overboard on free fruits. I didn't end up overweight by eating too many apples and 100 calories of apple is more filling than 100 calorie snack pack so I think it will all work out for me.
Nicmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/145/130

Height: 5'1"

Well according to my leader, it's not good to use the old plan because you would be doing it wrong. but whatever works for you i guess.
PeanutM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

I think there are two issues.

Some people (maybe most) may show better losses with the new plan. It looks like you have good losses already so that may not be an issue for you.

The second issue is that the new plan is encourages better nutrition. Someone who was staying within points on the old plan but ate a lot of junk food carbs may have been having good losses but at the cost of good nutrition. I am not saying that is you. But I could see why it would be good to change to eating healthier.

Science develops knowledge over time. The new program is better nutritionally and for weight loss than the old program. That said, I became a lifetime member on exchanges and hated the change to points and never did as well on it as with exchanges. But as time went on trying to figure exchanges through the old program became more and more difficult and eventually I did switch.

You can certainly stick with what has worked for you. But it might be worth trying the new program for a couple of weeks and seeing how you feel about it.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #5  
A Buxom Babe

S/C/G: 230/213/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
I think there are two issues.

Some people (maybe most) may show better losses with the new plan. It looks like you have good losses already so that may not be an issue for you.

The second issue is that the new plan is encourages better nutrition. Someone who was staying within points on the old plan but ate a lot of junk food carbs may have been having good losses but at the cost of good nutrition. I am not saying that is you. But I could see why it would be good to change to eating healthier.

Science develops knowledge over time. The new program is better nutritionally and for weight loss than the old program. That said, I became a lifetime member on exchanges and hated the change to points and never did as well on it as with exchanges. But as time went on trying to figure exchanges through the old program became more and more difficult and eventually I did switch.

You can certainly stick with what has worked for you. But it might be worth trying the new program for a couple of weeks and seeing how you feel about it.
I agree 100%.
BuxomPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:43 PM   #6  

well it def makes way more sense. I guess I just hate change. I spent some more time looking at it and really everyone is right it IS way more nutritious. I did like adding the apple I ate with lunch and seeing 0 points that def made my day. Thanks for the push to the "new way" I think I might be happier with 29 points then I was with 22.

Last edited by angelshine90; 11-30-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 203/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

i'm going back and forth trying to decide, but honestly? i think i just made the decision to stick with what i've been doing at home. i have the calculator and the materials and i stick to the healthy guidelines most of the time. you shouldn't have to feel bad if you want to stick with what you've been doing. you may feel you'd like a change soon and that's fine too. i don't agree at.all that if we stick with the 'old' program we're doing it wrong. that's just silly.

and also: while i do believe there's been new research and the new plan may be an improvement, i also think 95% of it is marketing and $$$ on their part.
jess jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:46 AM   #8  

Hey Jess
I gave the new program a try yesterday and I didn't feel hungry at all, I mean not even a little bit, I truly think its because now you can snack on an apple or a banana and not feel "guilty" about it. My husband is not paying the slightest bit of a attention to the new program and going about his merry way sticking with his old point calculator and eating the exact same stuff (even the mini wheats that used to be 3 p and now are 6) but he is still losing and he has lost 80 some pounds this way..
I like the idea of it, I guess we will just have to see if the numbers move.
I weighed myself this morning and I was up .8 but that could have been the couple bites of birthday cake I had yesterday.. but a couple bites is better then eating the whole thing!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:39 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I'm all about at least giving the new plan a fair try you know? my leader told us about her experiance when they switched from exchange to points.. it was so foreign to her since she was so comfortable with the exchange, had it memorized and knew it like the back of her hand and lost all her weight on it that she didn't want to switch.. so at first she said she didn't. her leader supported her but encouraged her to at least give it a try.. a few weeks later when she saw how easy it was for everyone else and they great losses they were having on pts and of course all talk was pts only, no exchange talk she decided to give it a try and you know what? she fell in love with it, and points became her life, she can look at anyone's plate and be able to tell you item by item how many pts are there, she knows the plan like the back of her hand.. now this new plan was released and once again she was looking at the prospect of having to learn all over again but this time she said she gladly took all her momentum stuff and threw it away! she wanted to trust ww this time and not look back and she's been on it 6 weeks and LOVING it.. she feels it's the best plan yet and that's saying alot since she's been with ww since 1974 and has seen ALL of them, lol. So anyway, moral of my story is, yes fear can hold us back, being comfortable with what we know can hold us back but at least give it a try. Give it a month.. see how you feel, what you've lost etc and then decide from there. Ok off my soap box now, LOL
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

oh and I wanted to add I was on 22 pts too with momentum and I did my first day on points plus yesterday and I really did get more food, it didn't seem like 22 pts of food! I even had a burger and fries from mcd's and on momentum I wouldn't have done that without using my weekly pts because it would have cut into my day so much but it didn't! I still had 12 pts left for dinner.. honestly I left 2 pts over because I was satisfied at the end of the day and didn't need them so each day now it will be my challenge to see how I'm gonna hit 29, so yeah.. give it a try, you may just LOVE it, LOL
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote