Old 11-25-2010, 10:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/145/130

Height: 5'1"

Default Flex points question

So I read a thread that someone else posted about asking if using your flex points has made you lose more..Now I usually never get to that point where I have to use them but I did see that a lot of who responded did say that they've actually lost when they use their flex points. How does that work? I'm so curious.
PeanutM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutM91 View Post
So I read a thread that someone else posted about asking if using your flex points has made you lose more..Now I usually never get to that point where I have to use them but I did see that a lot of who responded did say that they've actually lost when they use their flex points. How does that work? I'm so curious.
I'm a WW newbie so I don't know for sure, but I'd guess using all the flex points helps with your loss by "keeping your body guessing" If you eat the same calories for period of time, your body adjusts to that amount and gets more efficient effectively not burning as much but by mixing up your calorie intake, your body never gets that calorie efficient resulting in better losses.
Nicmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:39 PM   #3  

yeah I mean, a lot of people use them for like sweets and desserts..usually things that arent good for you. I guess I'll just have to find out. I usually dont even use up all of my daily points either. I never reach my 25 per day. I always end up like 4 points away and I usually try to stay away from my flex.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Hi!!

When I first started I refused to use my Flex Points because I really thought I'd have a significant gain every week. I was working out so much and realized I wasn't eating enough so I decided to go ahead and try using a few of my Flexies every week and sure enough I was still losing! Now every week I have a high calorie day and use ALL of my FP's and am still losing 1 to 2lbs every weigh in.

The most important thing is to do what you feel in comfortable for YOU! Try playing around with them a little and you'll see they really do help in the long run.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:33 PM   #5  

thats great and i must say that you look fabulous.
one of my problems is that i tend to have a problem reaching my daily points also. like right now, I still have 16 points to eat and I've already eaten dinner lol. I dont know what else to eat. I dont want to eat anything bad because its almost midnight and i know its not when you eat, it's what you eat.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Thankyou so much! I'm not used to getting so many wonderful compliments, still learning how to take it all in. I have a problem seeing what everyone else does but I'm getting there slowly!

Sometimes I'll have an extra 10 points left and usually because of a hectic day at school or with my kiddos. What I do is have something that's high cal to consume the remaining points. A bag of popcorn with a TBSP of olive oil would be almost 10 points. Olive oil, coconut oil, etc is something healthy and a little higher in points. You could also eat an ounce of walnuts - 5 points or an ounce of almonds - 4 points.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:20 PM   #7  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
like right now, I still have 16 points to eat and I've already eaten dinner lol. I dont know what else to eat. I dont want to eat anything bad because its almost midnight and i know its not when you eat, it's what you eat.
I don't really think you lose more by eating all your weekly (flex) points. However, WW designs it so that if you eat some (or even all of your weekly points) that you will still lose weight. And, if not eating weekly points causes you to feel deprived it can cause you to go off program and then not lose weight.

So, the weekly points are largely there to give us more flexibility (such as going out to dinner or for special occasions) and to make it more likely that we can live on the program for the rest of our lives.

It is important to eat the daily points in order to get adequate nutrition. If, for example, you still have 16 points left after dinner that means that with 25 points available you only ate 9 points during the day. It is hard to get in, for example, enough protein and fat for adequate nutrition on that point level. I would try adding in more protein at meals.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:42 PM   #8  

When I say I had 16 still to eat I was talking about my daily points. I ended up knocking it down to 8 though, so I didnt eat 8 of my regular daily points. Oh well.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #9  

Also, my daily points is usually 25 and I usually end up like 3 or 4 short. Yesterday was just an off day and I didnt eat a heck of a lot lol. I do eat a lot of protein though regardless.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #10  
Less of a Better Me

When I am running short on using all my points I usually eat a piece of cheese since I often run a little low on dairy.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 313/see ticker/150

Eating flex points affects everyone differently. I usually use about half of my weekly points, but there's been weeks where I've used all, and some week I use none. I doesn't seem to affect my weight loss either way, it might though at some point. I remember a few years ago when I first did WW, I weighed alot less than I do now, and on the weeks I would use all my weekly points, I would have a very small loss, or just stay the same.

Also, you really should try to eat all your daily points. Maybe try switching to full fat cheese and milk instead of light, if that's what you're using? I get 34 daily points, and sometimes feel like I'm just shoving food in my face at the end of the day to get them all in. So I've switched to regular cheese and milk, things like that, it's helped.
nicoledg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:12 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoledg View Post
Eating flex points affects everyone differently. I usually use about half of my weekly points, but there's been weeks where I've used all, and some week I use none. I doesn't seem to affect my weight loss either way, it might though at some point. I remember a few years ago when I first did WW, I weighed alot less than I do now, and on the weeks I would use all my weekly points, I would have a very small loss, or just stay the same.

Also, you really should try to eat all your daily points. Maybe try switching to full fat cheese and milk instead of light, if that's what you're using? I get 34 daily points, and sometimes feel like I'm just shoving food in my face at the end of the day to get them all in. So I've switched to regular cheese and milk, things like that, it's helped.

I dont drink or use regular milk because I'm lactose intolerant. So I drink almond milk but I do still eat like shredded cheese or use light cream cheese, I just have to take a pill afterwards or I get sick lol. I've found for the last 2 days that I reach my daily points goal by planning my meals so I think I'm going to start planning all the time now. I've eaten all of my points with a couple flex for 2 days now.