Old 11-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/185/135

Height: 5ft5

Default Quitting smoking and WW

A little advice please. I had quit smoking for about 2 years. I gained a few pounds but nothing major. I was all ready chubby when I quit. I started again in August I would really like to quit again, the quitting isn't what bothers me. I think not smoking is more mind over matter in my case. However, I am worried that I will gain back the weight I have lost and then some. Has anyone been successful at quitting and losing on WW at the same time?
gerly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #2  

Gerly: I feel for you! I quit smoking 5 years ago, so I know how it is trying to quit and worrying about your weight. My honest opinion is that you should concentrate on making sure you quit smoking and just focus on that one thing. I think quitting and maintaining a "quit" a two different things. Just concentrate on maintaining your weight until you quit successfully again. That's my advice!. Give up the smoking girl!.. Its so not worth it!.
tsimmons2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #3  

Height: 5'2

we've all heard that you trade one bad habit for another... but you can make your trade a positive one! i would immerse myself into healthier eating (or WW) to keep my mind off of smoking. if you can't do both, pick the lesser of the two evils... which do you think is worse for you right now and in the long run?! when i quit, i was successful in exercising but not so successful in avoiding choc chip cookies! lol

Last edited by vatkins22; 11-01-2010 at 08:14 PM.
vatkins22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

I am a smoker as well and have quit more times than I care to admit. My current plan is to get a real start on weight loss and then quit. I have tried to do both at the same times, so many times only to fail miserably at both. I know I can quit smoking, I've quit so many times before but I haven't lost weight that I maintained before and at this point in my life getting the weight off is more important.

Even though this is my experience I definitely think you can quit and be on WW at the same time. WW gives you something to occupy your mind with and walking was my favorite thing to do when I quit, I noticed changes almost immediately in my breathing and stamina.
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/185/135

Height: 5ft5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelma View Post
I am a smoker as well and have quit more times than I care to admit. My current plan is to get a real start on weight loss and then quit. I have tried to do both at the same times, so many times only to fail miserably at both. I know I can quit smoking, I've quit so many times before but I haven't lost weight that I maintained before and at this point in my life getting the weight off is more important.

Even though this is my experience I definitely think you can quit and be on WW at the same time. WW gives you something to occupy your mind with and walking was my favorite thing to do when I quit, I noticed changes almost immediately in my breathing and stamina.
That is pretty much how I am feeling. I miss my stamina and good breathing though! Well I am going to try and SERIOUSLY cut back on the cigs and hopefully just give them up one day here soon. Trying to lose weight is one tough job!
gerly1 is offline   Reply With Quote