Old 10-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Question Vegan

Hi Everyone!

Just curious but is anyone here Vegan? I am seriously thinking about going Vegan for a week to see if I like it. I already eat a lot of meatless veggie and soy products like Boca. I really like how everything tastes and wouldn't mind giving up meat. Since starting Weight Watchers the taste of meat has become a bit gross and I'm not sure why. Today I tried beef tips which are made from soy and they honestly have the same taste and texture as red meat, almost. The entire thing which came with rice was 4 points and super filling!
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Oh man, if you haven't tried Yves "ground meat" you have to try it! It makes the best tacos! And only 1 point!

My other fav meat substitute right now is Quorn, specifically naked cutlets. Even meat eaters think this is chicken! I bake one with a little BBQ sauce and steamed veggies for lunch everyday. I love it.

I really don't care for Boca, but love the Morningstar blackbean burgers.

In my opinion, vegan is the best most natural way to eat, but I'm not 100%.

Oh, and the Quorn products do have some egg whites I think.
veggiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/141/128

Height: 5'3

Being vegan and doing Weight Watchers is an awesome combo since fruits and veggies are low to no points. I've found that when I'm eating non-processed foods like fruits, veggies, beans, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, etc. the weight will fall off.

My biggest problem was all the soy products like soy cream cheese, soy ice cream, etc, that I consumed. LOL!!!

I would still be vegan today if I ate more healthily. I guess I was more of a junkatarian.
Meikmeika is offline   Reply With Quote