Old 10-26-2010, 11:07 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

For anyone looking for hints recipes etc.The message boards on the WW site are free to everyone. I use the recipe review and the On the Momentum plan boards.They are very helpful.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:53 AM   #17  

One idea I have is to at least go to one WW meeting. Get all the materials and stay after the meeting for the discussion about how the program works. If you cannot afford to go all the time, maybe you could go once a month or once every other month. If they try to charge you for missed meetings tell them you just cannot afford it but you want to check in sometimes for support. I know money is tight, but taking care of yourself is important.
At least one meeting would give you the information you need. Why do this if you might be doing it improperly?
I wish you luck.
Keep up the good work and try to move more, exercise is so important. If you don't go, a good rule of thumb is 20 minutes of moderate activity earn you one point, but be honest with yourself.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #18  

Surely you could scrap up enough money to go to one meeting and get the materials. And the plan is changing November 28. I really don't like people getting the information I pay for without paying. Those who give it to you are breaking the copyright law.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #19  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

The sad truth is...some people CAN'T afford it. I've been there. My husband got laid off...my income alone was paying for a family of 4 with 2 infants on expensive formula. Sometimes you can only stretch it so far. I would rather someone find the WW tools for free than do something drastic with bad OTC pills or purging or something like that to lose weight. The way I see it...I pay more for the meetings and the support. I think that people go to the meetings tend to be a little more successful than those who don't. I applaud the OP for trying to get healthy on a limited budget, because that's not easy.
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #20  

I am on a very tight budget. I bought the monthly pass from WW. I can afford it because I am very frugal with my spending. I buy most of my food from Big Lots and the 99 cents store (they now carry produce, and the quality keeps getting better and better - it amazes me what I can get for 99 cents). I also turned vegetarian which helps, but the main I reason I did that is for my health. Some vegetarian foods can be expensive, like low fat cheeses are way more expensive than regular cheese.

I am doing this for my health. I am 57 and fat. My health is suffering. I am determined to reach a healthy BMI by the end of 2011 or early 2012.

To me this is an investment in my health; a way to save money instead of spending it on the more expensive medications I might soon need...if I don't get this thing under control. I am convinced I can get off my current medication once I am more healthy.

Worse comes to worse, join WW to get all the booklets each week, then do it on your own, or join on-line (the cheapest way to go).

When I tell you I am on a tight budget you can believe it. It's a personal thing, I don't talk much about it, but I felt I needed to post this to let you know it can be done.

Oh, and QuilterinVA, I just noticed your stats. AWESOME! What an unbelievable accomplishment. You should feel so good about yourself. Did you lose it all on WW?
Joycelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #21  

The fact is, if we give out the copyrighted information about WW plan we are breaking the law. If you can't afford to go to one meeting, you need to go to the library and find some free diet information.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #22  
Marianne

You can find the information on 100,000 websites. Obviously I'm not going to list any of them here, but my meeting leader will give us ones, she found one that gives Halloween candy points...that's a copy right issue...and she gave it out in the meeting. I'm not going to tell someone to use a different plan. This is supposed to be for support. I understand if you don't want to share and help someone, so just don't respond them. No one knows anyones personal situation, I'm not going to tell someone they just have to save up the money and tough luck.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 266/264/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
The fact is, if we give out the copyrighted information about WW plan we are breaking the law. If you can't afford to go to one meeting, you need to go to the library and find some free diet information.
The internet is my library.
Try being a single mom making < $17k a year. Think about how much money you would have leftover after bills are paid, and food is bought. Jussayin.
LindsayW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:03 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 313/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

People on here need to relax a bit. There is nothing wrong with passing on information you have learned. It's wrong to say, make copies of a points finder, or WW material. But just passing on information, to help people who are activly trying to help themselves, is not wrong, its called being a nice person, helping others.
nicoledg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #25  
Marianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoledg View Post
People on here need to relax a bit. There is nothing wrong with passing on information you have learned. It's wrong to say, make copies of a points finder, or WW material. But just passing on information, to help people who are activly trying to help themselves, is not wrong, its called being a nice person, helping others.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:19 AM   #26  
God Will Guide Me!

S/C/G: 272.8/ticker/234

Height: 5'7''

I do weight watchers on my own as well, all the information everyone has suggested is pretty good. If you need any help, have questions or support please feel free to message me! Yes we can do this, no we dont have to pay anything, dont let people think otherwise. Ive lost 30 pounds on my own and have not stepped foot inside a WW meeting or paid for anything online. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Hugs!!!
jackiemomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:49 AM   #27  
Marianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiemomto3 View Post
I do weight watchers on my own as well, all the information everyone has suggested is pretty good. If you need any help, have questions or support please feel free to message me! Yes we can do this, no we dont have to pay anything, dont let people think otherwise. Ive lost 30 pounds on my own and have not stepped foot inside a WW meeting or paid for anything online. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Hugs!!!
That's awesome!! Good for you!!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #28  
Amazing will be me

Nicoledg .............i am in same boat.
I cannot affort to commit to a metting and started WW alone. All you need is a few tools and your on your way.
I bought some WW eating out and shopping books for pennies off ebay. And i found a website that someone has designed based on the WW points programme and it has a points calculator.
have a look , if your at your comp most of time then ya dont need all the fancy books, http://www.onemorepound.com
Dont be discouraged by people being negative........maybe there just miffed they are paying and dont have the will power to do it alone. What the dont realise is that some ppl like us simply dont have the choice and have to make do withe the tools we have...............this does not mean we will me unsucessful.
Jus more determained .
Good luck hun xxx
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

I do WW online because I can afford it and paying for weight loss actually seems to motivate me. I don't plan on paying for it forever and once I feel comfortable enough to do it on my own I will be cancelling. Am I suddenly suppose to forget everything I learned because I am not having a monthly payment deducted from my account???

And I am I also suppose to feel sorry for Heinz, really? It's nice they own/copyrighted a weight loss program considering they have contributed to the obesity in this county with their pre packaged, genetically modified, high frutose corn syrup laden products. Boo woo.
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #30  
Marianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelma View Post

And I am I also suppose to feel sorry for Heinz, really? It's nice they own/copyrighted a weight loss program considering they have contributed to the obesity in this county with their pre packaged, genetically modified, high frutose corn syrup laden products. Boo woo.
Haha <3 you.