Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 02:16 PM   #1  

Default 12 WEEK CHALLENGE -- Week #2

HEY THERE CHALLENGETTES

We're onto WEEK TWO -- of the 12 Week Challenge

It's just amazing the support and motivation coming through.

Remember - It will never be too late to join this thread. Anyone who truly sticks to keeping the 12 Week Journal Diary, (whether on paper or online)... setting goals and writing down weight losses... yep gains... points, rewards and leverage will lose weight. Check out last week for how we're doing it.

How about for this week - we talk about this week's particular Challenge and what might work to "combat it" food and otherwise?

So what's coming up this week? Or what's in the future that may affect you this week? If you're stuck on how to deal with it - post your concern, frustration, etc. Who knows maybe some of us have gone through it too!

Rock on Challengettes.

Patch
Old 10-28-2002, 02:37 PM   #2  

OK So here's the damage from last week...

Monday - 25 points
Tuesday - 27 pts - 2 exercise pts = 25
Wed - 20 pts banked 5 pts
Thurs - 36 - 6 (5 banked & 1 exer pts = 30
Fri - 28 - exr pts 2 = 26
Sat - 41 - 15 (earned pts) = 26 Mexican fiasco
Sun - 37 pts - World Series brain freeze

I'm weighing in this lunchtime and I KNOW there won't be any weight loss, there may even be a gain. GRRRR. Boy it's hard getting back to program. But getting clear about what I'm doing - I know is the first step.

WEIGH INS: Monday
Oct. 21 -- 141.6
Oct 28 -- (edit 10/28) I so don't deserve this... but the WW scale today showed a 2 pound loss! I'm down to 139.6.

Points Summary for this week:
Mon - 18 pts (banked 5 pts and earned 3xtra activity pts)
Tues - 24 pts - no exercise
Wed - 30 pts - 3 + 2 activity pts = 25
Thur - 30 - 5 acty/banked pt = 25
Fri - 30 est erned 1 acty pt
Sat - 30 est
Sun - 30 est
Challenge this week - Fattening leftovers and keeping my eating to 25 points or under each day.
What helps - planning what I CHOOSE to eat for dinnertime and trying to stick to it.

Last edited by patch30; 11-05-2002 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-28-2002, 03:58 PM   #3  
si, si signora

Hi Patch,
After five nights in hotels and lack of real structure. I'm ready for a moderate boot camp week.

WI on Wednesday will work the best for me based on my whacky travel schedule for the next five weeks.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:20 AM   #4  
LM

Hi, I posted last week's points on the Week 1 Challenge. So here goes for this week:

Monday, Oct 28: 23 points
Doctor's office weigh-in 135.5 - I don't know if it's really a pound loss over the week and considering the way I ate, I doubt it. But heck, I guess I'll get that Logic Puzzle Subscription!
Tuesday: 25 points
(minivictory at lunch: which turned out to be someone else buying. Usually that would mean I'd get alot of goodies ("free" after all, right?), but I stuck to my guns and my homemade boca sand and only had some soup & salad. Not bad for me.)
Weds 26.5
(minivictory - so many this week! - free breakfast/donuts etc. at work - didn't have any!!!! I'm so proud)
Thurs 26.5 NO CANDY!!!! (plenty of everything else, but...NO CANDY!)
Friday 37 okay, some candy (3 points worth) plus other things
Saturday 23.5
Sunday 25
Monday weighin: 134.5 - I don't understand it, but there you go...

Mini-reward for next 1 pound: a CD (thanks Kelly! )

I think a big challenge for me is --- okay, two big challenges:
1) stop eating candy at work, even the 1 or 2 pieces of hard candy, and as post-Halloween candy bowls will soon be overflowing everywhere, this might be important
2) stop picking like crazy before and after dinner

Oh yeah, and the idea is to figure out how to face the challenges. Maybe the very tight waistbands nowadays will help with the office halloween candy. As for the predinner snack, that is a tough one. A very old habit. Does anyone have any ideas???

Last edited by LM; 11-04-2002 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:26 AM   #5  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Week #1 was/is a real disaster (my week ends today. I'll post the disasterous results tomorrow AM). Just can't get in the groove. I plan to make week #2 better by:

* Getting a better grip on my depression that has been really playing havoc with WW goals

* Really concentrating on portion control. Yes, you can gain eating "healthy" foods

* Water, water, water even when I'm busy.

Wish me luck.
Old 10-29-2002, 10:40 AM   #6  

I posted my points from last week on last week's challenge. The short version is that I went way over points on Saturday (Hallowe'en disco party) and as a result I was UP a pound yesterday. So, my goal is now 12 lbs.

The good news is, I'm running again. Got out Sunday and again this morning before work. I snuck a quick peak at the scale this morning (before the run) and I seem to be down 2, and that's with TOM hitting with full force. So, things may be looking up.

The challenge for this week will be keeping my hands off of the Hallowe'en treats. I've actually thought about this a little bit, and have invited DH out to dinner that nite. The thought of a nice meal (within points) may make me think twice before filling up on junk food.

Have given some thought to rewards as well. So far, have decided to "treat" myself to an official WW weigh-in when I'm back under goal. And I have the final reward - after the 12 lbs are gone - a new bathing suit that shows just a tad more flesh than my normal style. Purchased it on Saturday. Need one more - maybe a new book??

Congrats to Patch and Laurel on the loss.

Myra: I like your goals, especially the second one.

Welcome back lala.
Old 10-29-2002, 12:29 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Challenges this week would be: Halloween candy (not because I want it but because it's there). Not much going on in the way of going out other than Saturday but that's kind of up in the air with the weather.

I haven't figured out rewards yet...but there's a coat I've been looking at for quite a while and that may be it.

My weigh in is tomorrow morning and so far I've "okay" but not as well as I had wanted as far as keeping my points within reason.

Myra: I like your goals too! I could stand to focus on your second & third one. Now that the weather has gotten a little cooler I'm finding it harder to drink my water.

Susan: Glad to hear you're running again and congrats on the loss!

Laurel & Patch Way to go!

Here are my points so far:

Wednesday: 20
Thursday: 20 + 2 AP
Friday: 30 + 1 AP
Saturday: 33
Sunday: 22
Monday: 19.5
Tuesday: 20

Weigh In: 137.6 (up .4 from last week)

Last edited by MelissaL; 10-30-2002 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-29-2002, 01:56 PM   #8  

Thanks guys.

Myra: Don't be too hard on yourself. It's hard getting back in the saddle again. It always seems to take me a couple of weeks to readjust. I find punishing myself never seems to work. When I ease up a bit, I seem to allow my natural rhythm to surface.

Seasaw: Happy to hear you're running again and also congrats on the loss!

LM - great news on your loss too. I know what ya mean by wondering how real the loss is... but TAKE IT!!! congrats

Melissa - The water is still a toughie for me as well.

Lala - good to have ya back from traveling. Good luck on your weighin tomorrow.

Challenges this week:
Networking Event tonight and Halloween party this weekend.

Also resistance to exercise.
Old 10-29-2002, 02:19 PM   #9  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Patch, without really making excuses for myself (or not trying to anyway) I've been battling trying to control blood sugar issues (I'm hypoglycemic and my symptoms have returned) with being a vegetarian on WW for the past six months or so and not really doing so well. This week I tried to baby my blood sugar more than paying attention to WW and really didn't do that well on either front.
Old 10-30-2002, 12:17 PM   #10  

I hear ya Myra... Hypoglycemia (sp?) runs in me and my family as well. Both mom and brother have diabeties. Those blood sugar highs and lows really affect me too. But remember you're here and making the effort. You've been AND ARE such an inspiration to all of us. Don't let those "fat brat" demons take away the successes you have and will have. And I've gotta tell ya... I'm in awe of vegetarians who work the WW program - that's really tough.

Patch
Old 10-30-2002, 12:29 PM   #11  

Just a quick note to share a small victory. Last nite, after a perfectly satisfying dinner, I gave in to an overwhelming potato chip craving. Why is this a victory? (a) cause I measured out a reasonable portion and (b) calculated the points and (c) counted them in my daily total. This is unheard of in my house.

Thanks Patch for getting the challenge up and running again. It's making a big difference for me already.
Old 10-30-2002, 01:11 PM   #12  
LM

Susan, you are my hero! I never met a bag of potato chips that I didn't consume entirely. WOW!!!!

Yes, I agree, Patch - the challenge is really good.
Old 10-30-2002, 01:51 PM   #13  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,
Couldn't weigh in this am. Tomorrow, really.

I am a firm believer in portion control. I actually measured out 6 of those frosted animal crackers today. Can you believe that is 4 freaking points? I'm giving them up like I gave up candy corn two years ago!

Okay, must journal.

lala
Old 10-31-2002, 03:50 PM   #14  

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Halloween!
I weighed in this a.m. (my regular w/i day is Saturday). I was down .2 since this past Saturday. Actually I'm pretty pleased with this only because it's that TOM for me. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make my regularly scheduled meeting this week.
My hubby and I will be busy putting out more Christmas goods.
I did enjoy today's meeting though. It definitely put me in the
"time to get my butt off the couch and do some exercise..state of mind!" I've been slacking off in that department.
Well, I've got to go ready for the li'l gremlins!
Enjoy your evening everyone!
kelly (Polly)
Old 11-01-2002, 01:33 PM   #15  

Well I went to a Halloween dinner and just couldn't stop eating the tamale pie -- there went all my banked points. grrrr. And now I'm feeling tired and stuffed... ah well today is another day...

Patch
Closed Thread