Old 11-16-2010, 08:25 PM   #46  

I'm getting nervous. I sure hope that the changes are not that drastic.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:31 PM   #47  
Fit to be Healthy!

http : / / community DOT babycenter DOT com / post / a25107987 / propoints_-_a_sneak_peek_for_you_from_nz

Quote:
Hi everyone
I'm not sure if our plans will be exactly the same (I'm in NZ), but our propoints got launched today so I thought I'd share the blurb that was on my tracker - I'm an online member. I'm having a look through now and it looks great!
Sorry if any of this information is old-hat, but I wanted to share in case there is something here that wasnt known as yet.

There's more if you want to read it.
MrsBonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #48  

Thanks for your effort, but that link didn't work.
Oh well.
We are impatient here in the USA. It's hard to understand why this plan is being offered elsewhere and we, who seem to have the largest market, are not getting it yet.
I'm nervous, though. I depend on certain foods to feel full. I have dietary restrictions due to a health issue and I fear that I might not be able to follow this as easily as some. We shall see in a few weeks.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #49  
Fit to be Healthy!

Remove all spaces & returns, and convert all DOT to . There are no spaces in the first or 3rd part, just around the DOT. It does not need the three w's, just the usual ht you know tp with the : and the //

Sorry, I don't have 25 posts yet apparently so I can't post it completely.

community DOT babycenter DOT com/

post/a25107987/propoints_-_a_sneak_peek_for_you_from_nz
Old 11-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #50  

http://community.babycenter.com/post...or_you_from_nz

derrydaughter, I wouldn't worry too much. Though many foods are going to be higher in points, the overall daily allowance is rising, too, so it will sort of "even out". The biggest changes will be in heavily processed or nutritionally deficient foods - things like 100 calorie packs won't be the bargain they used to be. I don't know what your health issues are, but I'm assuming that the foods that are OK for you are probably quite healthy - in some cases, they may be fewer points on the new plan.

Last edited by SueSays; 11-17-2010 at 12:44 PM.
SueSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:51 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
Fruits and vegetables are not free. They are 0 points for one serving but multiple servings eaten at the same time can have points. There is a difference between free and 0 point.
Not true - on the new plan you will be able to eat most fruits and vegetables until satisfaction for 0 points, regardless if you have more than what constitutes a serving or not at any given time.
SueSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:33 PM   #52  
Fit to be Healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueSays View Post
Not true - on the new plan you will be able to eat most fruits and vegetables until satisfaction for 0 points, regardless if you have more than what constitutes a serving or not at any given time.

Yup. The link I posted, the replies said she put 10 bananas in for a serving to test it, and they were still 0 points.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #53  

Yep, carbs will be costly.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:20 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrydaughter View Post
We are impatient here in the USA. It's hard to understand why this plan is being offered elsewhere and we, who seem to have the largest market, are not getting it yet.
I'm nervous, though. I depend on certain foods to feel full. I have dietary restrictions due to a health issue and I fear that I might not be able to follow this as easily as some. We shall see in a few weeks.
The reason they are waiting to bring it to the US is because we are the largest market. They have to test it out in smaller markets in order to gauge how well it works, and to address members' feeling and concerns about it. At least that is how it works in my industry when we pilot new programs. That being said I hope that this plan is only better than the last which I'm sure it is
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 150/141/128

Height: 5'3

The anticipation is killing me!!! LOL!!!

I can see there's going to be a big change.... My Arnold's Thin Breads are a little over 3 pts with the ProPoints calc, where now they are 1 pt.

I still keep thinking that if we're allotted more daily & weekly points & it all evens out, why change....... I'm also thinking that psychologically it's more appealing to say I get 29 points as opposed to 19 points a day (Not saying that's how it is but there's something about starting with a larger number that makes me feel better (unless it's the number on the scale!).
Meikmeika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #56  
Granmums

Wink

Hi...its already been released in the UK. if you do a search in Google...search GOOGLE UK...thengo to Google UK you are in UK's google area...just like the US but UK....then search for Pro Point plan....
It looks interesting. All the old pt. system is tossed out the window. A new way of calculating daily points, new extra points for everyone...and a whole lot of different eating options...some good, some not so good. Fruit is now free though.
Granmums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:20 AM   #57  

I am looking forward to the free fruit part. My health issue is Diverticulosis. Sometimes I cannot have high fiber and I certainly cannot have popcorn, nuts, seeds and things of that nature. I even "seed" my tomatoes and cucumbers are off limits nowadays. It will be interesting to see what happens. I will be trying, though.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #58  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

I just rejoined WW Online, and I am really looking forward to the new plan! I can't wait to start making all the changes.
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/136

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
I found a calculator for the new ProPoints in Europe. If the new US program is like this, it will definetly be a whole new deal.

http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Wat...alculator.html
Do they not take into account calories anymore? Calories isn't listed on the calculator...
loriehohlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #60  
Fit to be Healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriehohlf View Post
Do they not take into account calories anymore? Calories isn't listed on the calculator...
That's what they said. They said something like calories were up to 25% wrong and they took them out of the equation.

youtube DOT com

/watch?v=unr3nypqw7g