Old 08-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'7

Default New to WW - Questions

Hi everyone! I am doing Weight Watchers from home because I do not have time or extra cash (hefty hospital bills to pay off :-/) and I had some questions. My daily point allotment is 26 points and I also have an app on my phone that calculates points for me. Here are my questions for you:

-How important is it to drink all of your 8-10 glasses of water per day? I have never been a heavy drinker of any liquid and I am having more of a hard time drinking as much water as I am supposed to as I am eating right. Will this adversely affect my results?
-What are the activity points and how do I know what I can add to my daily limit? I have a sit down job, but I make a point to walk 2 miles every night.
-I know a lot of people say to eat you biggest meal in the morning, so would that apply to WW? Should I use the most points for breakfast and the least for dinner?
-Do I HAVE to use all 26 of my points?

Thank you guys so much! Looking forward to your responses
kaylamparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 243.2/241/160

Height: 5'7"

It is good to get 8-10 water, but i usually end up between 6-8, but coffee and diet coke (in moderation cant count as water) Water just helps you purge the toxins and extra water weight quicker. Your body isnt holding onto thinking its fasting.
Activity points are calculated based on how long you exercise, how vigoruos, and how much you weigh. Those can be swapped for extra food points should you chose, but always just held onto them.
- Im bad at the breakfast comment, Im never hungry but forced myself to always eat a piece of fruit or granola bar in the am.
- You dont have to use all your points, but if you are eating all your boxes (milk, grains, fruits, veggies) you will find that the points go fast.

It does work I lost 40pounds a year ago, but got off and ate everything in sight and quickly gained it back.
Speck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #3  

Thanks for your insight! I did read on the WW site, though that they have a way of weening you into a certain way of eating after you reach your goal so yuo don't gain your weight back. I don't know anything about it though...
Old 08-22-2010, 07:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 243/186.5/160

Height: 5'8

It is important to drink all of your water as it helps flush everything out. I too am not a big water drinker, however I add crystal light and it makes it much easier to get it down.
I find if I use the flex points or activity points, I do not lose as much and sometimes not at all; therefore for mysolf I do not count them. I eat a small bfast of about 3-4 points and have a protein of 2 points mid morning. I tend to eat more in the evenings and this does not seem to have affected my weight loss. After you have lost the weight you follow the maintenance program which is quite similar....HOWEVER WW is based on sensible eating and portion control: therefore after reaching your goal weight you will still n eed to follow the rules of healthy eating and exercise to maintain your goal weight.
toughchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:10 PM   #5  

toughchick - Thanks so much! I LOVE Crystal Light. I usually drink a glass or two of that at dinner time. I am trying hard to down my water though. It's rough!

Also, I seem to lose more when I do use my Flex Points. I have only been at it for my month, so I am still experimenting with different things. I will just have to see. Thanks for your help!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/325/170

-How important is it to drink all of your 8-10 glasses of water per day? Extremely important! I find I lose faster if I get all of my water in.

-What are the activity points and how do I know what I can add to my daily limit? I don't have much advice on this because I never use my activity points. When I do, my weight loss usually stalls.

-I know a lot of people say to eat you biggest meal in the morning, so would that apply to WW? Should I use the most points for breakfast and the least for dinner? That's entirely up to you. Yes, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but it's really up to you how you divide your Points.

-Do I HAVE to use all 26 of my points? If you want to feel full, I would suggest using all of them. Not using enough will just put your body into starvation mode and you won't lose any weight.
StarvingPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:32 PM   #7  

Since WW recommends in the 9 Healthy Guidelines that we drink 6 glasses of liquid a day, why are you trying to drink 9-10 glasses of water? You also get water from your foods.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote