Old 07-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #1  
weight watching

Default Midsummer Restarters Thread?

I've been reading this forum, and occasionally posting, for a few years and have noticed that about 3 to 5 people each week post that they just signed up, or rejoined or recommitted (as I did last weekend) and we're always very graciously welcomed and invited to post problems and progress, but few seem to do so.

Would any of the people who have signed up, or resigned up, recently be interested in joining in a weekly tracking thread -- to discuss progress, problems, issues, whatever, and cheer each other on?

My biggest challenge --as it always is -- is to break a lot of old, bad habits, which include eating junk snacks and not eating enough vegetables and fruits. I restarted Sunday, lost a pound in two days, had a very bad day yesterday and gained the pound back, and have had an easy, on plan day today.

How is everybody else doing?

Last edited by Bloomer; 07-24-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 315 / *ticker* / 130

Height: 5'4

I hit the restart button this week at my meeting and I haven't weighed myself (my scale at home is off anyway) but I think I'm doing really well. I haven't gone over my points at all since Wednesday.

I had an eye opener at my meeting. I hit my 10% goal a few months ago and was slowly losing and I fell off-track after I got lazy after a minor surgery. I have since gained 13 pounds and at my weigh in on Wednesday I was only .2...POINT TWO...pounds from being back UP to where my 10% goal initially was!!!! I worked SO FREAKING HARD to get that 10% off and now I have done so poorly, so I decided it was time to hit that restart button!

I was down from a starting weight of 305.6 to 262, and now I'm back up to 274.8.

I would be interested in joining a weekly tracking thread to make sure I keep myself accountable and get that weight (and more) back off!
melbellrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:41 PM   #3  
weight watching

Good for you for hitting that reset button! Yes, you gained some back, but you've also lost more than 40 pounds! So you know you can do it.

I think a weekly tracking thread is a help, and people can post more often if there's a problem, or a challenge. I hope others join in, and I'm glad you did, melbellrocks.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #4  
weight watching

Sunday is my weigh in day, and I'm down a pound. This was my first week back, and some days were a struggle. It was an adjustment week, working on getting back to good habits after several months when I worried about my weight every second, but did not stick to any plan. At the end of the week, I had mostly readjusted. I still have to work on vegetables and exercise, but I did keep the junk snacks demon at bay.

How are those who've restarted this summer doing?

Last edited by Bloomer; 07-25-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 315 / *ticker* / 130

Height: 5'4

Good job going down that pound!

We just got back from a camping trip and I think I stayed on plan pretty well. I guess we'll see on Wednesday at weigh in!
melbellrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:30 PM   #6  
weight watching

Thanks! Staying on plan on a camping trip is quite an accomplishment. Good for you!
Old 07-25-2010, 10:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Hey. I'm recommiting this week. I'd lost 55 lbs, but after a new (temporary- 6 week) job, a move to a new city and then another new (permanent) job I'm so far from consistent, it's like I've forgotten what on plan is. I was up 7 lbs, now I'm back down 3lb after a kinda-sorta on plan week (with fully on plan the last 2 days). So right now I'm really focused on getting off those last 4 to put me back where I was, then I can resume focus on my next mini goal. I've been in Nashville for nearly 2 months now and the "I'm settling in" excuse has worn out its welcome. Right now I'm dedicated solely to correcting my eating habits, but next week I plan to tackle fitting in exercise with the new job.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:04 PM   #8  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Oh thank goodness... I was hoping there was a thread like this for WW, but hadn't seen a lot of activity... I joined WW and weighed in first time last week, weigh-in's are Tuesdays... I'm planning for the week right now, making a grocery list... I'm looking forward to this thread...
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:34 AM   #9  

I've been back on for 4 weeks now, starting week 5 today. I feel SO good about it this time, because besides the very first time I did WW (and lost 20 pounds), this is the longest I've stuck with it.

I'm an all-or-nothing kind of person (hey, who isn't?) so I really beat myself up and binge if I fall a tiny bit off track. This past weekend was a HUGE victory for me...I went out of town for the weekend, I didn't obsess over points, I didn't even count points, I ate until I was satisfied and then not another bite, I came home and while I gained 0.8 pounds from my lowest weight last week, it was still a 1.4 pound drop for the week overall.
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #10  
Just starting

S/C/G: 235/182/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm in if you do!

Recently restarted here too! Had some success (65lbs) last year but regained 20, and now I'd like to lose 65 more.

Last edited by phatchick911; 07-27-2010 at 01:15 PM.
phatchick911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #11  

Hello, ladies! We certainly need this thread.

A little about myself. I am a lifetimer that let myself get above my goal weight by 28 pounds. I returned to WW in October, 2009 and I'm down 19 pounds but for the last 2 months have not really been OP and it shows on the scale. I've gained and lost the same 3 pounds for that time.

Part of my problem is being an extremist. I deny myself some of the foods I like - salty snacks, ice cream, and chocolates - and after a few days I go to DQ and get a blizzard and then I might as well have a bag of chips, and you now how it goes from there.

I'm now going to allow a normal portion of these foods into my food plan occasionally. Just denying them makes me binge.

To be even more discouraged, I was recently diagnosed with osteoporosis and I have lost 1-3/4 inches in height - so my goal weight will have to be lower, too. What a bummer.

This week I am concentrating on planning my meals a day in advance at least, drinking more water, and getting back into my exercise routine.

I weigh in on Saturday so there should be a little downward movement of the scale by then.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #12  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

I need this thread too!

I started WW in September 2008 when my 3rd child was 2 months old. I was originally 225 lbs and by June 2009 I was down to 160 lbs and felt great! Then at the end of September I found out that baby #4 was on the way, a HUGE surprise.

Now that baby is 6 weeks old and I'm starting over again. It's just disheartening to have all my work undone and be back where I started. I know WW worked great for me before and will again, but I'm having trouble with motivation. I keep blowing my daily points out of the water and not even logging them, thinking I'll do better tomorrow. Well, we all know how that goes, tomorrow never comes! This morning's weigh in was 1 lb above last week's, I'm starting to move in the wrong direction. I need to get my eating under control, and log all my points!
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #13  
weight watching

I'm really glad there ARE other people here! This forum is too quiet. I hope we help get things going.

Ashley, I've been knocked off plan so many times because of life changes I've lost count, and most of them aren't nearly as big as what you've just gone through. I'm glad you're starting back and didn't let things slide. One of the things I always do wrong is try to do everything at once. I'm trying to go slower this time.

Sweetcaroline, welcome to Weight Watchers! You say you're just starting, but you're already lost 30 pounds, so you must be doing something right!

1bighog, if you've stuck to it for 4 weeks, I'll bet you're in it for the longhaul. I also have the all or nothing attitude. It's one of the many bad habits I'm trying to break. It's hard!

phatchick, glad you're in!

Quilter, I'm in awe of your stats. I'm sure you have a lot of weight watching wisdom, and I hope you'll share. I'm sorry about the osteoporosis. I'm in the "mature woman" category myself My doctor says I don't have to worry about that (I'm descended from a long line of bigboned peasants ), but I have many friends who have lost an inch or two and it is not fun.

Kestrel, if baby #4 (baby #4!!!!!) is only six weeks old, I'll bet you're exhausted. That would put a damper on anyone's motivation! One of the first things I've done this time is to just focus on logging. I've found one of the things that has made me slink away in the past is that I have a bad week and "forget" to log.

I hope everyone has a good week and that we'll all check in as often as possible to egg each other on. There's a menu posting thread here, too.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Well I made it through day three, that's the longest I've been on plan in a while. I had my challenges too. First, they brought a dessert cart around the building for tenant appreciation at work today. I was soooooo hungry and it smelled REALLY good, but I didn't even go look at them (I knew better)! Then, when I got off work I was starving because I didn't pack a sufficient lunch. Normally at this level of hungry is when I eat whatever I can get fast, which is usually really bad. But I stayed on plan and got some vegetable soup. It was enough food to hold me over until my planned dinner without using a lot of points. It feels really good to be back on plan!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:39 AM   #15  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone. Congrats to all of us restarters! My first weigh in is thursday and i'm terrified, my week really was not good but i'm trying. exercise is hard to get in unless i get up really early because in the evening i'm usually dealing with my daughter's bad behavior from summer camp and all i want to do is eat. BOOO!
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote