Old 08-23-2009, 06:31 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Has anyone stopped WW,and still met goal?

I've got to admit that I've thought about this for the last few days. I consider myself committed to this way of eating,and I've followed 'the plan', I've also controlled my pasta/bread/potatoes/intake and am a good veggie eater. I have been yoyoing with a 8/10th of a gain one wk.,then a 6/10th of a lb. loss,then a 1/2lb.loss...just slower than slow,and it's putting a strain on my patience and resolve. At this rate it's going to cost me buku bucks to stay in the weekly program,plus two yrs. to goal rather than one yr.
Not to sound too much of a whiner,but has anyone (there must be) someone here that has followed the program,and gotten to goal on her own without the monthly fee's....If there is pls. talk to me. Or if you tried but it didn't work out pls. share your experience. I'm not giving up,Or giviing in,I do have all the materials, I also have the chicks. I am considering this change.
p.s. I have recently been diagnosed with hyperthroid,and am on meds to normalize that. I also walk almost daily.
Feedback invited~Choices
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

watching............
proudmommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:55 PM   #3  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

I'm not at goal yet, BUT...

I started WW and stuck with it for ~6 months. In that time I lost about 6kg. That's an average of about 1/2 lb per week. Slow but steady, that was me.

So I decided I could do it alone. And in the last 6 months I've lost - 6kg! Exactly the same amount. Again, averaging 1/2 lb per week.

So my view is you can absolutely do this. I was the same, I added up the cost of staying in WW for the two years it was going to take me to get to goal, and decided my money would be better spent on a gym membership.

Good luck!
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/218/150

Height: 5'8"

This is just a theory, because I just started WW. I joined primarily for the meetings... support from a group to keep me motivated, as most of the people in my life are thin and have no need to diet. I also use the weekly weigh-ins as an incentive to go, as I don't keep a scale in my house.

However, 3FC seems like a really great support community. Anyone can count calories (or points), that's not the real issue. The issue is finding support, motivation, and encouragement. I would think that if you are satisfied with the support you are getting from this online community, and even from the people close to you IRL, you should be fine without paying the weekly dues.

It's all about sticking to a plan, and not giving up. You don't need to pay money to do that (though, for some of us it may be worth it). Good luck in whatever you decide to do!
blackbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #5  

I apologize first of all because I did not see that another chick has posted the same thread question.
I have called and told ww to suspend my membership, I have 9 paid for days left,and will ask for a refund for the month in advance the've already taken out..(they charge way ahead,as I've already paid for oct,) they will refund me for oct after I mail in what they want. I still plan on tracking,and using my WW cookbooks,recipes,and connecting with the WW chickies..However,today at weigh in I lost 4/10 of a lb. For the month I've lost between 2/10th of a lb.to 8/10th of a lb. I'll be broke before I make it to goal..so I'm going to see how well I can do this solo. If I was losing 1-2lbs.per wk. I'd stick it out,because I believe in the plan.
Thanks all for your imput.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:53 PM   #6  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

See, it's not solo though, because you've got us! And the 3FC community is way more knowledgeable and valuable than any WW group. In my opinion anyway.
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:00 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primm View Post
See, it's not solo though, because you've got us! And the 3FC community is way more knowledgeable and valuable than any WW group. In my opinion anyway.
Thanks Primm.... so true.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #8  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

I'm going solo now, too, choices. I have been paying for & attending meetings for about 5 months. I've lost about 20lbs on the program, so not even 1lb/week. I was like you, up a little, down a little, up a bit, down a bit. I have a lot of weight left to lose and at $40/month and at that pace, it would cost me about $700 to reach goal while paying for meetings.

I am trying a month solo to see how I do. If at the end of September I haven't lost at least 5 pounds from what I weigh now, I will go back. But I could find a lot of other uses for that $40!

I'm actually trying calorie counting for this week and seeing how I do with that. I'm using my WW tracker but counting calories instead of points and trying to follow the 'good health guidelines' for veggies, milk, etc. In some ways calories is easier, but then in other ways I'm so used to points that maybe I'll go back to that.

I actually had a dream last night that I was in a public restroom stall and my WW leader climbed in under the door! I must have guilt....
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:37 PM   #9  

Default Hoosier and the end of Sept.

I'm with you on that goal at the end of Sept. and at least 5lbs. That should be doable. Let's keep that in mind as we keep on truckin'...Choices
Old 08-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I did WW and even became Lifetime but regained , after that I returned to WW and also tried other programs and one day I had a thought ,'Why pay for someone to tell me how to eat ?" I am now a cofirmed calorie counter, I am at goal and am maintaining. WW is a good program but I have determined I will not pay anyone again to tell me what I already know. I get plenty of encouragement right here at 3FC. Oh, by the way to answer your question I did reach goal without WW.

Last edited by bargoo; 08-28-2009 at 02:24 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:20 PM   #11  

Default Smart words bargoo...and great attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I did WW and even became Lifetime but regained , after that I returned to WW and also tried other programs and one day I had a thought ,'Why pay for someone to tell me how to eat ?" I am now a cofirmed calorie counter, I am at goal and am maintaining. WW is a good program but I have determined I will not pay anyone again to tell me what I already know. I get plenty of encouragement right here at 3FC. Oh, by the way to answer your question I did reach goal without WW.
I couldn't agree with you more. Most of us need some encouragement,and support once in awhile,which we can,and do get here. At the end of the day we are all responsible for ourselves,and have to do the 'hard work'. There is no getting around that. There is no diet,or magic to make it easy. When we have alot to lose the goal seems so far off it becomes discouraging. It's so easy at that time to give up,go have mash potatoes with gravy,and whine about not losing tomorrow. But I do believe I can do this,and I believe that all of us can get there just like so many other women,and men have.
And congratulations to YOU!!! Thanks for sharing Choices
Old 08-29-2009, 08:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

I did ww and met goal. Over the years I have gained and lost. Last year I joined the 3FC site and lost 20 pounds. The support I got with the simply filling/core group is all I needed. I don't think my approach would work for everyone, but it sure has worked for me.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote