3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   WW General Forum Meet and Greet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/176636-ww-general-forum-meet-greet.html)

Kelliebear 11-21-2010 08:39 PM

Hello, Everyone, I've been on WW on and off since 1999, meetings and online. currently restarted online in Sept. doing great. down 26 pounds. Looking forward to seeing the new point system Nov 29th. Also looking forward to learning to use this site. Glad to be here!

TerriB 11-26-2010 07:00 PM

HI everyone! I have done WW on and off since 1985 (actually a lifetimer, but WAYYYYYY off the wagon) In the last 10 years I have been on and off a lot, and never really had success. I was on Medifast, lost weight with it, but it is just too expensive to continue. So, I looked once again at the program. I am sooooo excited about the new program, as my hubby have been trying to eat cleaner, and this looks like it is going to fall right in line with it. Thanks, already, for all I have learned so far!

bremro 12-05-2010 07:21 AM

Hi! I have just done my first weigh in online. I started the day before they put out the new program so I feel like I am on the maiden voyage. I lost 5.8lbs and I am stoked. I first did weight watchers with my mom in the late 80s when I was in high school. I didn't really follow the plan back then, I just ate salad and lost some weight that way. I then rejoined 3 more times after having kids and quit going to the meetings because I focused on my kids and felt guilty for spending the money. I now work as a nurse and have ballooned up to 250lbs and some change. I noticed how hard it was on my body to carry that around while on my feet for 12 hours. I felt bad teaching patients about the dangers of obesity. Then I had a few patients (elderly and confused but truthful) say a few things about my weight and I have had enough.
So I signed up but online so it doesn't take me away from the family at all. So now I have no excuse and it is all on me.

tytbody 12-07-2010 11:11 PM

another newbie

Hi all, I'm new to WW and new to this forum. I am making a goal of eating healthier. I don't know how bad I ate before but I want to do something good for myself. I want a healthy body. I joined WW to do this and also because a work associate lost 70 in front of my eyes. So I know it works. She was one to not eat breakfast and I kept telling her she had to.

Now, ha who's the skinny you know what?? She is. so I have to do this now and I hope to let her see it also worked for me.

river 12-20-2010 05:43 PM

I'm looking forward to getting to know the members on 3FC who follow WW. I lost 15 lbs 2 years ago and have maintained the same weight the past 2 years. Now it's time for me to get to goal weight and I like the WW plan, especially the free fruit and vegetables. I like how you can splurge on a meal or treat and not be off plan, instead you dip into activity or weekly points.

I joined WW online Dec 1, I won't be attending meetings. So far I've lost more than 6 lbs.

tytbody 12-20-2010 07:37 PM

that would make me stay on it too. Welcome and Hi River:)

SmileyBlueEyes78 12-23-2010 06:46 PM

Hi, I am new to 3FC but have done WW before and had fallen off the wagon. I have tried LAWL but that was a joke for me. I have signed back up with WW because it had been successful for me but am uncertain how it will work now but so desperately want it to. I just need help to figure what type of food/meals that I can have on the go other than salads and sandwiches. I am a Community Health Worker (Care Aide on the run....lol) so I don't usually have time or much time to sit and enjoy a meal. I am on the go during lunch and dinner times where I either sit in the car or literally eat while driving......What to Do What to Do.............................

tytbody 12-23-2010 07:19 PM

Hi smiley,

Can you get to a meeting or join online ?

river 12-25-2010 07:24 PM

Thanks for the welcome tytbody.

Smiley, it sounds like you are busy and on the run. Almonds, bananas, apples, lara bars, cheese sticks, yogurt, boiled eggs, wraps w/ chicken and vegetables are all things that you can pack in the morning and eat in the car. Good luck!

justjen78 12-27-2010 12:48 PM

Newbie Here

Hi everyone! My name is Jennifer and I've been an off and on WW member since 2005. I had lost 70lbs on it but had some major life traumas (unexpected loss of my dad then my grandma and health issues) has caused my weight to creep up about 30lbs. I'm currently at 165 (according to the dr. scale:( ) and I was told I need to loose the weight in order to get my GERD under control.

I'm going to go back to WW meetings starting next week, I would start today but I have to work late.

Anyhoo...Thats my story LOL

tytbody 12-27-2010 12:51 PM

Hi justjen, welcome and get ready for a great positive year. I know I am. :)

shcirerf 01-08-2011 09:57 PM

Hi! Waves from Nebraska.

I was a lapsed lifetime member, gained back 1/2 of what I'd lost. The new program was just what I needed to get back in gear.

I"m down 5. Now that the holidays and hubby's heart surgery are done, time to get SERIOUS!:carrot:

Shooting to be back at goal by Memorial Day! Or at least real close.;)

cinngirl70 01-09-2011 05:12 PM

Hi everyone, I am starting WW online tomorrow. I've been studying it for days and I finally decided to just dive in and do it. I am not new to WW, but I have never really stuck with it for long. The only way I have lost weight in the past was by starving...which does work temporarily.
Overall, I lost about 70 pounds from highest weight of 230 lbs many years ago and have spent those years since gaining and losing half of the weight I lost. Last year I starved myself to lose that 30 and yep, you guessed it, I gained it back already. I am tired of starving, diets, disordered eating, etc. I really want to make this work. I am very excited to be here!

Cheryl

ems81wales 01-09-2011 05:18 PM

Hey everyone

Im no stranger to dieting and ww i used to be 16stone, but with alot of hard work i got down to 10stone 7.5lbs back in 2006-2009 with ww. After starting uni in 2009 and bagging myself a man iv slowly put on 2 stone 9.5lbs. I started back at ww in mid november and lost 5.5lbs, but with a 3 week break over xmas i put 3lbs back on

My wi day is thursday il let you know how i get on

good luck everyone

Ems xxxx

Jackie W 01-13-2011 08:51 PM

Hi everyone!

I was on weight watchers one time several years ago. This time I am following the core program.

I'm motivated this time to make a permanent lifestyle change. The $500 1st place prize in my employers weight loss challenge doesn't hurt. ;)

Jackie